1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    07 Oct '15 16:451 edit
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    There are four divine institutions which have applied to the human race since it began with the first man and woman in the Garden of Eden [and have also been willfully violated over the centuries as well as in some nations/constitutional monarchies/countries/villages during our own lives]: [...] 4.Nationalism [or the national entity which must be protected and defended to safeguard against the loss of freedom and return to bondage or enslavement].The price of freedom has always been and still is military victory. Accept the reality of these four divine institutions or reject them [and suffer the eventual consequences]: Choice is yours.

Would you see Russia's annexation of the Crimea as a "safeguard against the loss of freedom" of the Russian people living in the region, and therefore do you see the "nationalism" at work there [and the "military victory" involved] as divinely blessed by your God figure?
  2. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    07 Oct '15 16:46
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    I'll take that as a no.
    ... "no" to what question?
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    07 Oct '15 16:47
    The OP you were supposedly replying to.
  4. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    07 Oct '15 16:49
    Originally posted by FMF
    The OP you were supposedly replying to.
    Proper Knob does not require your assistance nor mine in restating his original post.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    07 Oct '15 16:50
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    he asked what the jw position (since when asked what your position is you deflect every time) on marital rape is and you directed him to jw.org.

then you have the ballz to accuse him of not debating the issue.

you are absolutely hilarious.
    How does it go...

"Nom nom nom, back of slobbering zombie toast net" ??
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    07 Oct '15 16:53
    Proper Knob does not require your assistance nor mine in restating his original post.
    The war is over; what are you doing here gliding through the bodies and debris like a death-eater
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    07 Oct '15 16:56
    His original post doesn't need restating; it is at the beginning of the thread. You seemed unaware that a question had been posed because you didn't answer it in your reply.
  8. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    07 Oct '15 17:09
    The questions in my OP that you relied to.
  9. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    07 Oct '15 17:414 edits
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    The questions in my OP that you relied to.
    "Is this a view shared by other Christians here on this forum? Is this mainstream Christian ideology or a stream from the lunatic fringe as I suspect?" As a contributor to this online spirituality foum please realize that yours truly hasn't a clue as to what other "Christians" think. Mine is stated.
  10. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    07 Oct '15 19:44
    "Is this a view shared by other Christians here on this forum? Is this mainstream Christian ideology or a stream from the lunatic fringe as I suspect?" As a contributor to this online spirituality foum please realize that yours truly hasn't a clue as to what other "Christians" think. Mine is stated.
    Well of course, I'm hardly going to ask people what other people think. That would be daft.
  11. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    09 Oct '15 10:00
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    I have provided a clear and concise view of my stance, you may make reference to that, or you could continue to make stuff up as you slobber along.
    if it's that clear and concise, you wouldn't mind sharing it again with those late at the party. i would rather not go through 5 pages of you arguing with him.

can a husband demand sex from his wife (or husband) and can he force himself upon her (or him) if refused?
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Oct '15 10:44
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    if it's that clear and concise, you wouldn't mind sharing it again with those late at the party. i would rather not go through 5 pages of you arguing with him.

can a husband demand sex from his wife (or husband) and can he force himself upon her (or him) if refused?
    Some people think so but I don't.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Oct '15 11:16
    Zahlanzi : can a husband demand sex from his wife (or husband) and can he force himself upon her (or him) if refused?

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Some people think so but I don't.
    Oh? You don't? But when this statement was put to you: "If a man forcibly has sex with a women against her will that is by definition rape."

Your response was: "If someone has already given their consent then I don't see how that can be construed as rape".

What changed your mind? The wikipedia link?
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Oct '15 15:26
    Originally posted by FMF
    Oh? You don't? But when this statement was put to you: "If a man forcibly has sex with a women against her will that is by definition rape."

Your response was: "If someone has already given their consent then I don't see how that can be construed as rape".

What changed your mind? The wikipedia link?
    actually it was the process of reflection.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Oct '15 07:38
    There are four divine institutions which have applied to the human race since it began with the first man and woman in the Garden of Eden [and have also been willfully violated over the centuries as well as in some nations/constitutional monarchies/countries/villages during our own lives]: [b]1) Uncoerced Volition [the exercise of free will]; 2)[ ...[text shortened]... four divine institutions or reject them [and suffer the eventual consequences]: Choice is yours.
    Do you think your assertion about your God figure and "nationalism" withstands any scrutiny?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree