1. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    06 Sep '17 18:29
    Divegeester seems to think that it is odd for me to be opposed to the idea that marital rape is morally acceptable. Does anyone share his sentiment?
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    06 Sep '17 19:33
    Originally posted by @dj2becker
    Divegeester seems to think that it is odd for me to be opposed to the idea that marital rape is morally acceptable. Does anyone share his sentiment?
    Well how else is he suppose to get any? šŸ˜›
  3. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    06 Sep '17 19:35
    Originally posted by @whodey
    Well how else is he suppose to get any? šŸ˜›
    šŸ˜€
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    06 Sep '17 19:37
    You two have an ugly sense of humour.
  5. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    06 Sep '17 19:43
    Does he think its 'odd' because you don't normally show signs of being psychopath? Or does he thinks its 'odd' because you are showing signs of being a psychopath and psychopathic behaviour is not normal behaviour.

Either way I guess its fair to draw the conclusion that its odd.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    06 Sep '17 21:402 edits
    I do think you are odd. For several other reasons than this one. Anyway...

I don't think martial rape is ever acceptable under any circumstances.
    I seem to remember you supporting Robbie carrobie who initially vehemently claimed that within the framework of biblical reference it was impossible for a man to rape his wife as she had "given consent" to sex through the marriage vows and sacrament.

If I've got you wrong on this please state your position unequivocally and I'll apologise if I have misrepresented you.
  7. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    06 Sep '17 23:41
    1 Corinthians 7

Concerning Married Life
    7 Now for the matters you wrote about: “It is good for a man not to have sexual relations with a woman.” 2 But since sexual immorality is occurring, each man should have sexual relations with his own wife, and each woman with her own husband. 3 The husband should fulfill his marital duty to his wife, and likewise the wife to her husband. 4 The wife does not have authority over her own body but yields it to her husband. In the same way, the husband does not have authority over his own body but yields it to his wife. 5 Do not deprive each other except perhaps by mutual consent and for a time, so that you may devote yourselves to prayer. Then come together again so that Satan will not tempt you because of your lack of self-control. 6 I say this as a concession, not as a command. 7 I wish that all of you were as I am. But each of you has your own gift from God; one has this gift, another has that.

Make of it what you will.
  8. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    07 Sep '17 04:08
    Originally posted by @stellspalfie
    Does he think its 'odd' because you don't normally show signs of being psychopath? Or does he thinks its 'odd' because you are showing signs of being a psychopath and psychopathic behaviour is not normal behaviour.

Either way I guess its fair to draw the conclusion that its odd.
    So you think marital rape is morally acceptable?
  9. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    07 Sep '17 04:113 edits
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    I do think you are odd. For several other reasons than this one. Anyway...

I don't think martial rape is ever acceptable under any circumstances.
    I seem to remember you supporting Robbie carrobie who initially vehemently claimed that within the framework of biblical reference it was impossible for a man to rape his wife as she had "given consent" t ...[text shortened]... n this please state your position unequivocally and I'll apologise if I have misrepresented you.
    I seem to remember you supporting Robbie carrobie who initially vehemently claimed that within the framework of biblical reference it was impossible for a man to rape his wife as she had "given consent" to sex through the marriage vows and sacrament.

You are confusing me with someone else.

I believe any kind of rape is always wrong. I've told you this like a millions times?
  10. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    07 Sep '17 07:42
    Originally posted by @eladar
    1 Corinthians 7

Concerning Married Life
    7 Now for the matters you wrote about: “It is good for a man not to have sexual relations with a woman.” 2 But since sexual immorality is occurring, each man should have sexual relations with his own wife, and each woman with her own husband. 3 The husband should fulfill his marital duty to his wife, and likewise t ...[text shortened]... has your own gift from God; one has this gift, another has that.

Make of it what you will.
    What is your take on it? I see nothing that permits rape there.
  11. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    07 Sep '17 09:521 edit
    What is your take on it? I see nothing that permits rape there.
    If your body isn't your own, how can you be raped? Your body belongs to your spouse.

The wife does not have authority over her own body but yields it to her husband. In the same way, the husband does not have authority over his own body but yields it to his wife
  12. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    07 Sep '17 10:11
    If your body isn't your own, how can you be raped? Your body belongs to your spouse.

The wife does not have authority over her own body but yields it to her husband. In the same way, the husband does not have authority over his own body but yields it to his wife
    If her body isn't hers and belongs to her spouse, and if his body isn’t his and belongs to his spouse, it follows they can enjoy a sexual intercourse other solely when they both agree. Rape is always the result of the lack of consensus, regardless of whether the two individuals are married or notšŸ˜µ
  13. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    07 Sep '17 10:261 edit
    Originally posted by @black-beetle
    If her body isn't hers and belongs to her spouse, and if his body isn’t his and belongs to his spouse, it follows they can enjoy a sexual intercourse other solely when they both agree. Rape is always the result of the lack of consensus, regardless of whether the two individuals are married or notšŸ˜µ
    The main problem in trying to apply this scripture is that people who claim to be Christian do not always submit their fleshly will unto God.

So if a guy is a good Christian has an umwilling wife, he must go celibate. If a guy isn't a good Christian and his wife is unwilling he can always head to a bar to pick up a girl.
  14. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    07 Sep '17 10:50
    The main problem in trying to apply this scripture is that people who claim to be Christian do not always submit their fleshly will unto God.

So if a guy is a good Christian has an umwilling wife, he must go celibate. If a guy isn't a good Christian and his wife is unwilling he can always head to a bar to pick up a girl.
    So this is the message to young Christian boys.

You are not to have sex outside of marriage. When you do get married you might have sex if your wife allows it.
  15. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    07 Sep '17 11:35
    Originally posted by @fmf
    You two have an ugly sense of humour.
    And you have no sense of humor at all it seems.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree