Marital rape

Marital rape

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
08 Sep 17

Originally posted by @eladar
Paul writes that the body of one spouse belongs to the body of the spouse with the stronger sex drive.

One of the major reasons why Christians are to marry is so that they can have sex without sinning.
Yeah, of course. Just forget about love and respect.

Moves
08 Sep 17

Paul writes that the body of one spouse belongs to the body of the spouse with the stronger sex drive.

One of the major reasons why Christians are to marry is so that they can have sex without sinning.
So you are saying men should never exercise self control? Isn't that one of the fruits of the spirit?

F

Moves
08 Sep 17
1 edit

Marital rape is not immoral according to the bible, it is a very moral thing to do. Even let other people rape my wife and then kill her thereafter, cut her in 12 pieces and deliver her to other parts of the country.
Yes, this is to be read in the bible, inspired by God to inspire His followers!

Read the uplifting story in Judges chapter 19, especially from verse 22 and forward.

This is one of the most disturbing stories, disgusting stories, and one reason that I never let underage people read the bible unattended. It should be warning sign on the Book!

If the Bible is considered being morally uplifting - then I am happy that I'm not christian!

Moves
08 Sep 17

Originally posted by @fabianfnas
Marital rape is not immoral according to the bible, it is a very moral thing to do. Even let other people rape my wife and then kill her thereafter, cut her in 12 pieces and deliver her to other parts of the country.

Read the uplifting story in Judges chapter 19, especial ...[text shortened]...

If the Bible is considered being morally uplifting - then I am happy that I'm not christian!
dj2becker will be along shortly to explain to you wether or not marital rape is justified in the bible. Hang tight.

Moves
08 Sep 17

Originally posted by @divegeester
dj2becker will be along shortly to explain to you wether or not marital rape is justified in the bible. Hang tight.
Divegeester is totally clueless on the issue?

E

Moves
08 Sep 17

Originally posted by @suzianne
Yeah, of course. Just forget about love and respect.
If those are the reason how would that make you different from non christians?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
08 Sep 17
3 edits

Originally posted by @fabianfnas
I replied to this on the thread about the Killing of Women where the same comments were made.

Marital rape is not immoral according to the bible, it is a very moral thing to do.

Where does it say that ?
In Judges 19,20 point out the words indicating that a positive example of moral behavior is being taught in the example of the crime of the Benjaminites.

Find the verse which implies - "A very moral thing to do" is marital rape.

Even let other people rape my wife and then kill her thereafter, cut her in 12 pieces and deliver her to other parts of the country.

After being paid a compliment for civility I have to be rude.

So you are so stupid in your reading of Judges 19,20 that you actually think this?
We are being told HOW to hand over a woman to a mob demanding rape ?
So you think we are being instructed - "Here now, THIS is a very moral thing to do." ?

It says the mob was of "worthless men". So we are being told by God how to be " worthless men" ?

Show us the words instructing us to FOLLOW the example of what the Benjaminites did.
So you read this a story of conduct that is to be followed as very moral ?

When you pick up the Bible to read it you should not be superstitious.
You should not be so unclear about what is being taught and what is being recorded as having happened.

This story is a tragic one about Israel's forsaking of God.
The rape story resulted in thousands of deaths and one tribe of the twelve almost being wiped out for its crime.

Read the uplifting story in Judges chapter 19, especially from verse 22 and forward.

No read the whole BOOK of Judges. And while you do notice that it is about the people forsaking God and doing whatever was right in their own eyes.

It also is about their cycles of degradation and repentance and the judges and saviors God was faithful to send them, whenever they repented.

Moral uplift in the Bible is pointing to the Savior God. And it includes warnings of how BAD things actually can get when people only do what is right in their own eyes.

This is one of the most disturbing stories, disgusting stories, and one reason that I never let underage people read the bible unattended. It should be warning sign on the Book!

No it is not a warning sign against the book.
It is a warning sign against forsaking God and doing whatever you think is right.

It is a book containing warning about how awful things actually can get when man lives independently from God.

"Worthless men" in the story means men who have been defiled, corrupted, damaged to the point of losing their dignity.

You can sit at a turkey dinner and hunt for bones to choke on.
There are 150 Psalms and much positive example and teaching.
To come before God making the excuse that Judges turned you off from believing into Jesus Christ will be lame.

If the candidness of the word of God did NOT occasionally record sins then you would rationalize that God never warned you. But He did.

The Bible is not a self-help book to be morally uplifting in that way. It is to point you to the need to be saved by Christ's salvation. And along its 66 books are some things we don't like to read. They candidly reveal just how bad you and I CAN get without God in our lives.

No its is not about "Now you go away and be morally uplifted." It is to lead you to repentance and the obedience of faith in the One who alone was completely satisfying to God - His Son Jesus Christ. This One died for you and rose that the justice due you and I He bore that we might be saved. He paid the debt to God's law for you and me.

Since man usually thinks that he has no need, along the way the Bible records the outcome of people who thought that way. Some extremely bad examples are needful to contemplate. Judges 19,20 is one example.

F

Moves
08 Sep 17

[1] Do Christian men really need a 'holy book' to tell them that raping their wives is wrong?

[2] Why is it that some Christians are able to use the same 'holy book' to argue that marital rape is 'logically impossible' [and therefore that kind of rape is OK?]

Moves
08 Sep 17

Originally posted by @fmf
[1] Do Christian men really need a 'holy book' to tell them that raping their wives is wrong?

[2] Why is it that some Christians are able to use the same 'holy book' to argue that marital rape is 'logically impossible' [and therefore that kind of rape is OK?]
What theory would you suggest as a plausible explanation for all men having a similar sense of right and wrong if you reject Divine command theory?

Secret RHP coder

on the payroll

Moves
08 Sep 17

1 Corinthians 7

Concerning Married Life
7 Now for the matters you wrote about: “It is good for a man not to have sexual relations with a woman.” 2 But since sexual immorality is occurring, each man should have sexual relations with his own wife, and each woman with her own husband. 3 The husband should fulfill his marital duty to his wife, and likewise t ...[text shortened]... has your own gift from God; one has this gift, another has that.

Make of it what you will.
A smart wife sees that she also has control of the husband's body. So, she orders her husband to go stand in a corner, then puts in ear plugs before he can order her to follow him.

Moves
08 Sep 17

Originally posted by @divegeester
I do think you are odd. For several other reasons than this one. Anyway...

I don't think martial rape is ever acceptable under any circumstances.
I seem to remember you supporting Robbie carrobie who initially vehemently claimed that within the framework of biblical reference it was impossible for a man to rape his wife as she had "given consent" t ...[text shortened]... n this please state your position unequivocally and I'll apologise if I have misrepresented you.
I would assume you think marital rape is not just wrong for you only but for everyone. If not please correct me. You keep shooting down everyone who claims the Bible does not permit marital rape, by saying it is not an objective standard for morality. Would you care to explain why you think it's wrong for everyone under all circumstances if there are no moral absolutes?

E

Moves
08 Sep 17

Originally posted by @dj2becker
So you are saying men should never exercise self control? Isn't that one of the fruits of the spirit?
No, I said a Christian wife when making correct decisions should never refuse.

Just as a Christian husband should never force himaelf on his wife if she says no.

I was quite serious about what Christian boys need to understand when choosing the Christian lifestyle. You are giving up many options. Many times if yoy get married the wife will be in control even though yoy are supposed to be the head.

Moves
08 Sep 17

No, I said a Christian wife when making correct decisions should never refuse.

Just as a Christian husband should never force himaelf on his wife if she says no.

I was quite serious about what Christian boys need to understand when choosing the Christian lifestyle. You are giving up many options. Many times if yoy get married the wife will be in control even though yoy are supposed to be the head.
How can the wife say no if you say she should not refuse? 🙄

E

Moves
08 Sep 17
1 edit

How can the wife say no if you say she should not refuse? 🙄
Have you ever been married?

F

Moves
08 Sep 17

What theory would you suggest as a plausible explanation for all men having a similar sense of right and wrong if you reject Divine command theory?
You can look at our previous discussions to see my ideas and analysis on the sources of moral sensibilities if you want. What about my two questions regarding Christian men? Your question does not address them.