1. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    07 Sep '17 13:11
    Originally posted by @fmf
    Jokes that are partly about rape are OK then?

Do you have family members who might see this thread?
    So is it a moral absolute that you are not allowed to find a joke funny? Wow you have such double standards.

No I don't. Do you?
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    07 Sep '17 13:24
    Originally posted by @dj2becker
    So is it a moral absolute that you are not allowed to find a joke funny? Wow you have such double standards.
    To me, jokes about rape aren't funny, one reason being, I have known and worked with rape victims. How is this a "double standard" on my part?
  3. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    07 Sep '17 13:33
    To me, jokes about rape aren't funny, one reason being, I have known and worked with rape victims. How is this a "double standard" on my part?
    Sure, I already explained to you what I found amusing and it had nothing to do with rape victims. Do you think your standard about what people are allowed to find funny only applies to you or does it apply to everyone?
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    07 Sep '17 13:47
    Sure, I already explained to you what I found amusing and it had nothing to do with rape victims.
    How can you claim the joke had nothing to do with rape victims? Do you not perceive women who are subjected to marital rape - in the case of this joke, divegeester's wife - as being rape victims?
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    07 Sep '17 13:49
    Do you think your standard about what people are allowed to find funny only applies to you or does it apply to everyone?
    Who is it you think has said you "are not allowed" to find rape jokes funny?
  6. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    07 Sep '17 14:08
    How can you claim the joke had nothing to do with rape victims? Do you not perceive women who are subjected to marital rape - in the case of this joke, divegeester's wife - as being rape victims?
    I was not laughing at Divegeester's wife, didn't even know he was married. I already explained to you what I found amusing.
  7. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    07 Sep '17 14:08
    Who is it you think has said you "are not allowed" to find rape jokes funny?
    So if I am, what are you on about?
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    07 Sep '17 14:11
    I was not laughing at Divegeester's wife, didn't even know he was married.
    So if he were not married, how would he rape his wife? The joke you thought funny was about marital rape, you realize that, right?
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    07 Sep '17 14:16
    So if I am, what are you on about?
    This is a non-sequitur. You asked me if I thought my standard about what people are allowed to find funny only applies to me or if it applies to everyone. The question presupposes that I do actually believe that you are not allowed to find a joke about a woman being raped by another poster funny. Who has said you are "not allowed" to find rape funny? I haven't said that. It's clear what I am on about here; the same can't be said about you.
  10. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    07 Sep '17 14:161 edit
    So if he were not married, how would he rape his wife? The joke you thought funny was about marital rape, you realize that, right?
    Whodey simply asked a question. He said nothing specifically about marital rape. Assumptions had to be made by the reader. What assumption did you make?
  11. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    07 Sep '17 14:221 edit
    This is a non-sequitur. You asked me if I thought my standard about what people are allowed to find funny only applies to me or if it applies to everyone. The question presupposes that I do actually believe that you are not allowed to find a joke about a woman being raped by another poster funny. Who has said you are "not allowed" to find rape funny? I haven't said that. It's clear what I am on about here; the same can't be said about you.
    So why exactly are you asking me these questions if I am allowed to smile at a joke? 🙄
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    07 Sep '17 14:29
    So you think marital rape is morally acceptable?
    I think you need to identify if you think that biblically there is such a thing.
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    07 Sep '17 14:30
    [b]I seem to remember you supporting Robbie carrobie who initially vehemently claimed that within the framework of biblical reference it was impossible for a man to rape his wife as she had "given consent" to sex through the marriage vows and sacrament.

You are confusing me with someone else.

I believe any kind of rape is always wrong. I've told you this like a millions times?[/b]
    In biblical terms is there such a thing as martial rape?
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    07 Sep '17 14:31
    Whodey simply asked a question. He said nothing specifically about marital rape.
    You are now claiming whodey's 'joke' was not about marital rape?
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    07 Sep '17 14:331 edit
    The comment was tongue in cheek, if you had a sense of humor maybe you would have gotten that. 😛
    Considering that you told us how your sister was raped I find it rather strange to find you kicking off threads like this, laughing at jokes about rape and using tongue in cheek emojis.

As I said you are an odd person. A bit creepy also I have to say.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree