1. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    13 Sep '17 12:09
    Originally posted by @eladar
    Her belief is rooted in hate. It seems her entire existence is rooted in hate.
    Of course her belief is not rooted in hate, what a hateful remark.

You, an the other hand seem to think that women are objects own by men! That women should, according to the scripture, always obey men, and not enter churches and other holy places during their periods, right?

In what century do you live in?
  2. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    13 Sep '17 12:21
    Originally posted by @dj2becker
    That's a lttile rich coming from you I have to admit.
    Really? Where have I appeared to be angry and hateful?
  3. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    13 Sep '17 12:22
    Originally posted by @fabianfnas
    Of course her belief is not rooted in hate, what a hateful remark.

You, an the other hand seem to think that women are objects own by men! That women should, according to the scripture, always obey men, and not enter churches and other holy places during their periods, right?

In what century do you live in?
    I am not sure how an accurate description is hateful.
  4. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    13 Sep '17 13:101 edit
    I am not sure how an accurate description is hateful.
    You used it against her. You are hateful against women.
    You seem to think that a good christian must hate women.
    And if it is an accurate description is under debate. I say it is not. You're wrong.
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    13 Sep '17 20:50
    Now for the matters you wrote about: “It is good for a man not to have sexual relations with a woman.” 2 But since sexual immorality is occurring, each man should have sexual relations with his own wife, and each woman with her own husband. 3 The husband should fulfill his marital duty to his wife, and likewise the wife to her husband. 4 The wife does not ha ...[text shortened]... does not have authority over his own body but yields it to his wife. 5 Do not deprive each other
    Just one more reason why Christianity, which should by rights be called Paulism, should be roundly rejected by civilized people. Women are not owned by their husbands, much as you would love that to be true.
  6. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    13 Sep '17 20:57
    Originally posted by @fabianfnas
    You used it against her. You are hateful against women.
    You seem to think that a good christian must hate women.
    And if it is an accurate description is under debate. I say it is not. You're wrong.
    I am hateful against how you think women should be treated or viewed.

From my point of view I do not hate at all. I simply reject your beliefs pretty much completely.
  7. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    13 Sep '17 21:44
    Originally posted by @sonhouse
    Just one more reason why Christianity, which should by rights be called Paulism, should be roundly rejected by civilized people. Women are not owned by their husbands, much as you would love that to be true.
    Both husband and wife own each other.

But if you believed that you might also believe we are all owned by God.
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    14 Sep '17 02:15
    Originally posted by @fmf
    What is the scriptural basis for your stance on abortion?
    What's it to you? You don't believe there's a scriptural basis for ANYthing. I'm not loading your cannon for you for yet another attack.

And you're not getting my pearls, either.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    14 Sep '17 02:19
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    What's it to you?
    I am interested in how you justify abortion from a Christian/Biblical standpoint. I understand and respect your viewpoint on abortion, but I am interested in how you reconcile it with your Christian beliefs and with your understanding of the Bible. That's what it is to me.
  10. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    14 Sep '17 02:20
    Originally posted by @sonhouse
    No, the trick here is to actually inderstand Christianity, and some here believe it's an ideology of hate. They have the cart before the horse.
  11. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    14 Sep '17 02:201 edit
    Originally posted by @fmf
    I am interested in how you justify abortion from a Christian/Biblical standpoint. I understand and respect your viewpoint on abortion, but I am interested in how you reconcile it with your Christian beliefs and with your understanding of the Bible. That's what it is to me.
    Why do you think Suzi believes what is Christian is biblical?

She doesn't believe the Bible should be worshipped.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    14 Sep '17 02:221 edit
    I'm not loading your cannon for you for yet another attack.
    What "attack" on the issue of abortion would you expect from me? I don't get it. From Eladar, maybe. Or other Christians, too. But why would you think I'd "attack" you on this issue?
  13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    14 Sep '17 02:25
    Both husband and wife own each other.

But if you believed that you might also believe we are all owned by God.
    Is slavery sinful?

And no, I'm not interested in your opinions of my lineage. Just answer the question.
  14. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    14 Sep '17 02:27
    Is slavery sinful?

And no, I'm not interested in your opinions of my lineage. Just answer the question.
    Of course slavery is not sinful. If it were inherently sinful, God would have declared it so.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    14 Sep '17 02:33
    You don't believe there's a scriptural basis for ANYthing.
    I certainly do believe that you, as a Christian, must have some scriptural basis for your stance on abortion, and I'd be interested to hear what it is.

I know what the non-religious arguments are for and against abortion, and I know what the scriptural basis for proscribing abortion is.

What I am interested in is your pro-choice stance from your Christian point of view.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree