1. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    04 Jun '13 11:41
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    revised hypothesis - many of marvels heroes are genetic mutants, leaps in human evolution. my new angle, young earthers are all anti-marvel due to its support of evolution (im reaching for a connection).

did anybody read the beyonder stories that started in the secret wars?
    i think every side can have "atheism" or "theism" associated with it. for example, the marvel x-men are almost "the chosen people" of judaism.
  2. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    05 Jun '13 21:25
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    i think every side can have "atheism" or "theism" associated with it. for example, the marvel x-men are almost "the chosen people" of judaism.
    Should I imagine Wolverine with a Jewish accent then?
  3. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    05 Jun '13 21:26
    Originally posted by vivify
    So far, there's been Plastic Man, Elastic Man, Rubber Man, Stretch Armstrong, Reed Richards and Luffy: all with the same ability. There should be a comic where they all have a Battle Royale.
    It'd end up a draw in a rubber band ball.
  4. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    05 Jun '13 21:32
    looking at 'first kingdom' i think i can see where dan simmons got his inspiration for his illium and olympos novels.
    Those were very weird books.
  5. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    05 Jun '13 21:32
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    Should I imagine Wolverine with a Jewish accent then?
    circumcision would be a problem, easy to self operate, but the skin would keep growing back.
  6. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    05 Jun '13 21:33
    Originally posted by rwingett
    I've thought it would be interesting to do a comic where there are superheroes who turn out to be frauds. A scenario where powerful corporations sponsor various "superheroes" to battle evil villains who are likewise (but secretly) sponsored by the same set of corporations. The corporate objective would be to create an atmosphere of fear and helplessness on ...[text shortened]... ons of corporate owned media teams and their feats of daring do are all fictitious in nature.
    Watchmen crossed with the Matrix
  7. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    05 Jun '13 21:341 edit
    circumcision would be a problem, easy to self operate, but the skin would keep growing back.
    Maybe he trims himself every time he takes a leak, kinda like fingernails and toenails.

EDIT - I don't trim my toenails when I urinate, but you get the idea I hope
  8. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    16 Jun '13 04:48
    inspired by suziannes super girl picture and my preconceptions about d.c. readers. i have a question, which is probably well wide of the forums demographic.....we'll see by how quickly it falls of page one!!!

the question ----

i reckon christians are more likely to be drawn to d.c. comics and atheist are more likely to be marvel. is there any truth to this? do we have any comic book readers/exreaders?
    D.C. Produces better movies. I just got done watching Superman and it was awesome. I was never a fan of the old ones.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree