1. Dublin Ireland
    Moves
    02 Jun '13 11:46
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    inspired by suziannes super girl picture and my preconceptions about d.c. readers. i have a question, which is probably well wide of the forums demographic.....we'll see by how quickly it falls of page one!!!

the question ----

i reckon christians are more likely to be drawn to d.c. comics and atheist are more likely to be marvel. is there any truth to this? do we have any comic book readers/exreaders?
    I read Marvel and DC comics as a kid and enjoyed them all.
    I also read the Beezer, the Topper, the Victor, the Valiant,
    the Beano and the Dandy.

Great comics all of them.

But it never occurred to me to associate religion with any of them.
  2. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    02 Jun '13 12:19
    very cool kelly, spidey and the x-men were also my favorites. looks like my theist=dc and athiest=marvel, is the worst formulated theory since dasa, johhny and rj got together and wrote their 5-step plan to world peace.
    Well if that is the worst, your in good shape. 🙂
    Kelly
  3. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    02 Jun '13 12:35
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    depressing.
    Depressing? No, it would be uplifting. Because eventually the people would figure out that the superheroes are a sham and that they don't need them. The power that the corporations holds over the people is then broken. The people realize that they hold all the power and then rise up to cleanse the world of Nietzschean/Randian superhero worship forever and install an egalitarian, communal utopia, free from the scourge of sham superheroes and evil corporations.

You see?
  4. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    02 Jun '13 13:51
    Originally posted by rwingett
    Depressing? No, it would be uplifting. Because eventually the people would figure out that the superheroes are a sham and that they don't need them. The power that the corporations holds over the people is then broken. The people realize that they hold all the power and then rise up to cleanse the world of Nietzschean/Randian superhero worship forever and i ...[text shortened]... communal utopia, free from the scourge of sham superheroes and evil corporations.

You see?
    "Imagine no corporations... I wonder if you can..."
  5. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    02 Jun '13 14:02
    pah!!! says the city of heroes girl (paragon city on your profile gave away your alter nerdy ego).

apparently the closing of coh was deeply distressing to members. have you found solace on any other mmgpodrhgd (im not sure of the lettering but you know what i mean). i tried second life for a while but never got into it. i do like a bit of skyrim so ...[text shortened]... it will just be full of dudes trying to cyber hump anything that moves...........or doesnt move.
    Yes, the announcement of the end of CoH came as a bolt of lighting out of the blue. What a shock. We thought NCSoft was doing okay, they were just about to release GuildWars 2, and then blam, "we're closing, all you people who have played for 8 years can just suck it". We had built a real community of players that was way better than in any MMO I've played, before or since. There's still talk of trying to bring it back, probably through another company, but I'm pretty sure NCSoft doesn't even want to sell the IP, for whatever reason. I find my online fix now through WoW, I'm thoroughly invested there now with 2 characters at max level and 3 or 4 more getting close. I'd love to find something new to try. I've heard of Skyrim but never played it, I might give that a try.

Yeah, no, Second Life is full of these ERP types and too many entrepreneurs who are trying to make a buck. WoW does have a lot of women playing, even though shows like that one episode of South Park show a different 'reality'. WoW does have a lot of people who think playing a game is "srs bsns", I don't want a second job, I just want a cool game I can get into.
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    02 Jun '13 14:19
    i am playing dc universe online now. it is free, and so far, it is totally worth the 17 gb they make you download. the premise is that lex luthor kills superman and all the other justice leaguers, and then brainiac comes back. so lex luthor comes back in time to warn the justice leaguers and with a generic plot device, gives superpowers to regular people ...[text shortened]... er.

made a villain with joker as a mentor. now i have a hero with wonder woman mentoring me.
    Really, DCUO is free? Yeah, well, CoH went free about a year before they pulled the plug, too.

How's that 'mentor' system? Sounds kind of confining, locking you into a playstyle or something. Still, I might take a look at it. Too bad Marvel never released their own MMO, unless CO is affiliated with them, I dunno.
  7. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    02 Jun '13 14:23
    don't try wow.

it's the devil. take the advice of someone who is 2 years wow sober.

if you're in the mood for some mmo-ing, try secret world or guild wars 2. they are subscription free, just require an initial buy of about 40-ish dollars.
    WoW is okay, unless you have an addictive personality, then forget it. I had a few issues a couple of years in, but when I feel like I'm getting too into it, I just make a point of going out more.

Never heard of Secret World, I'm guessing it's one of the millions of Asian MMOs out there, like Perfect World. I played the first GuildWars, but after NCSoft blew up CoH, I'm not keen on giving them any more money.
  8. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    02 Jun '13 14:24
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    "Imagine no corporations... I wonder if you can..."
    Of course the next logical step of learning to live without any superheroes is learning to live with any gods. After all, superheroes are really nothing more than the demigods of a secular society. So the comic would serve as a rejection of both elitism and of the supernatural.
  9. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    02 Jun '13 14:25
    very cool kelly, spidey and the x-men were also my favorites. looks like my theist=dc and athiest=marvel, is the worst formulated theory since dasa, johhny and rj got together and wrote their 5-step plan to world peace.
    5-step plan? I never got past 'Kill all the Muslims'.
  10. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    02 Jun '13 14:27
    Originally posted by rwingett
    Of course the next logical step of learning to live without any superheroes is learning to live with any gods. After all, superheroes are really nothing more than the demigods of a secular society. So the comic would serve as a rejection of both elitism and of the supernatural.
    I'd be happy with just doing without the globalist corporations.
  11. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    02 Jun '13 14:43
    Sorry, but in my comic world everyone ends up agreeing with me about everything.
  12. Dublin Ireland
    Moves
    02 Jun '13 14:44
    Welcome to the adventures of SUPERGIRL!

Brought to you by C. Montgomery Burns Nuclear Power Stations.

All rights and patents reserved and registered.

Terms and Conditions apply.
  13. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    02 Jun '13 14:54
    inspired by suziannes super girl picture and my preconceptions about d.c. readers. i have a question, which is probably well wide of the forums demographic.....we'll see by how quickly it falls of page one!!!

the question ----

i reckon christians are more likely to be drawn to d.c. comics and atheist are more likely to be marvel. is there any truth to this? do we have any comic book readers/exreaders?
    I liked Plastic Man but don't know if he's marvel or dc (or ac for that matter).
  14. Dublin Ireland
    Moves
    02 Jun '13 15:06
    Originally posted by JS357
    I liked Plastic Man but don't know if he's marvel or dc (or ac for that matter).
    Ah ha ha, maybe he's AC and DC.

Maybe he bends both ways lol.
  15. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    02 Jun '13 15:37
    In fact, I've altered by manuscript to include 'Suzianne' as a major character. You'll be renouncing god in issue #6.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree