1. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    19 Aug '12 01:49
    Originally posted by FMF
    One wonders why you don't tell us what your point of view is.
    I see you have two kids in your pic. Why don't you go spend time with them, teach them something good about life, as it seems you have nothing to add to this thread.
  2. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    19 Aug '12 01:52
    Originally posted by galveston75
    I see you have two kids in your pic. Why don't you go spend time with them, teach them something good about life, as it seems you have nothing to add to this thread.
    i haven't seen you add anything to this discussion either. so why don't you go enjoy your vacation time instead?
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Aug '12 01:581 edit
    You will tell us what you think eventually. I don't see what my children have to do with "Mary Mother of God".
  4. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    19 Aug '12 02:06
    kinda rude too. So G-Man what is your take on this or should I say what is the J-Dub stance on this ?

Manny
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Aug '12 02:07
    ... it seems you have nothing to add to this thread.
    I'd be interested in hearing what you have to say about "Mary Mother of God" seeing as you started the thread.
  6. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    19 Aug '12 02:111 edit
    Originally posted by menace71
    kinda rude too. So G-Man what is your take on this or should I say what is the J-Dub stance on this ?

Manny
    I'm waiting to see what some others say on this if it's ok. There are many others I'm sure that might post their comments in time.
  7. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    19 Aug '12 02:14
    Originally posted by FMF
    I'd be interested in hearing what you have to say about "Mary Mother of God" seeing as you started the thread.
    Well the way a question usually works is a simple process. One ask a question and if anyone has an answer or comment, they'll post it.
    So seeing that only a couple have posted a comment is great but I think more time would be a good thing to see if any others have a comment to post.
    So as I suggested, go play and come back later to see what I may add to it. Deal? Comprehend?
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Aug '12 02:15
    I'm waiting to see what some others say on this if it's ok. There are many others I'm sure that might post their comments in time.
    Here is the Jehovah's Witness view on the matter:

"Exposed: Six Myths About Christianity

Myth 5: Mary Is the Mother of God

What is the origin of the myth? “Veneration of the mother of God received its impetus when . . . the pagan masses streamed into the church. . . . Their piety and religious consciousness [that of pagans converted to Christianity] had been formed for millennia through the cult of the ‘great mother’ goddess and the ‘divine virgin.’”—The New Encyclopædia Britannica (1988), Volume 16, pages 326 and 327.

What does the Bible say? “You are to conceive in your womb and bear a son, and you must name him Jesus. He will be great and will be called Son of the Most High. . . . And so the child will be holy and will be called Son of God.”—Italics ours; Luke 1:31-35, The New Jerusalem Bible.

That passage of Scripture clearly states that Mary was the mother of the “Son of God,” not of God himself. Could she have carried within her the One whom ‘the heavens themselves cannot contain’? (1 Kings 8:27) She never made such a claim. It is the teaching about the Trinity that has sown confusion over the identity of Mary. By proclaiming her Theotokos (a Greek word meaning “God-bearer&rdquo😉, or “Mother of God,” the Council of Ephesus, in 431 C.E., set the stage for Mary worship. The city of Ephesus where this church council was held had for centuries been at the heart of idol worship celebrating the fertility goddess Artemis.

So it was that many aspects of the worship of the image of Artemis that “fell from heaven,” such as processions, were integrated into Mary worship. (Acts 19:35) Another practice that crept into Christian teaching was the use of images of Mary and others in worship.

Compare these Bible verses: Matthew 13:53-56; Mark 3:31-35; Luke 11:27, 28

FACT:
    Mary was the mother of the Son of God, not of God himself. The Trinity myth gave birth to the worship of Mary as the Mother of God"

http://www.watchtower.org/e/20091101/article_06.htm
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Aug '12 02:161 edit
    So as I suggested, go play and come back later to see what I may add to it. Deal? Comprehend?
    Play? Are you still making personal remarks about my children?

I have posted what I presume is your opinion on the matter of "Mary Mother of God" above.
  10. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    19 Aug '12 02:24
    Originally posted by FMF
    Play? Are you still making personal remarks about my children?

I have posted what I presume is your opinion on the matter of "Mary Mother of God" above.
    No mention of your kids at all in that post.
    And thank you for your comments on the question I asked...
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Aug '12 02:34
    And thank you for your comments on the question I asked...
    Was the opinion I copy pasted the same as your opinion?
  12. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    19 Aug '12 02:54
    Originally posted by FMF
    Was the opinion I copy pasted the same as your opinion?
    Pretty much....
  13. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    19 Aug '12 03:10
    Pretty much....
    A lucky guess, I'm sure. 🙂
  14. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    19 Aug '12 03:37
    So a following question would be to trinitarians, is why wasn't she called the "Mother of God" by the Christians of that time?
  15. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    19 Aug '12 04:13
    Originally posted by FMF
    Here is the Jehovah's Witness view on the matter:

"Exposed: Six Myths About Christianity

Myth 5: Mary Is the Mother of God

What is the origin of the myth? “Veneration of the mother of God received its impetus when . . . the pagan masses streamed into the church. . . . Their piety and religious consciousness [that of pagans converted to Christianity] had ...[text shortened]... worship of Mary as the Mother of God"

http://www.watchtower.org/e/20091101/article_06.htm
    And good answer G-75 oh wait wrong person 🙂

Manny

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree