Mary Mother of God?

Mary Mother of God?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
22 Aug 12

Originally posted by RJHinds
The Bible translations I use call Jesus son of man, Son of God, the expressed image of God in the flesh, the fullness of the Godhead in bodily form, and even our great God and Savior and Lord. But none of them say Jesus is a god. I know the translators of the NWT produced by the Watchtower claim that John 1:1 should be translated "a god" because of the a ...[text shortened]... olars of the Greek text. And such a translation contradicts other portions of the Holy Bible.
One of the finer posts here (relatively ) by your good self, RJ.

This post clearly points out the clear discrepency between the christian viewpoint- where there is just one example,(JC), of a life lived in accordance with "God"- as opposed to a more general, spiritually satisfying, still fully emerging viewpoint , of spirituality, where it is acknowledged that "God" is not restricted to an "one size fits all" genre.

As is better pointed out in the more peaceful, and (imo), more successful religions like Hinduism, the need to incorporate Diversity into our "human understanding" is integral if we are to continue on as a species that otherwise runs the risk of wiping itself out due to it's own ignorance.

F

Moves
22 Aug 12
1 edit

Originally posted by galveston75
So you say..... The reason you don't get it is because your not listening. A continuing problem I seem to have with you. Oh well....
The fact that you do not want to make an unequivocal statement but instead keep referring to how you are being misunderstood or that you have already been clear and that people are "not listening" to you etc. etc. etc. is par for the course, it seems. If later, the fact that you believe there are two Gods - and Jesus is one of them - is referred to, you will probably back-peddle and claim you are being misunderstood. And no doubt you will say, Where? Show where I said that? I never said those words.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
22 Aug 12
1 edit

Originally posted by karoly aczel
One of the finer posts here (relatively ) by your good self, RJ.

This post clearly points out the clear discrepency between the christian viewpoint- where there is just one example,(JC), of a life lived in accordance with "God"- as opposed to a more general, spiritually satisfying, still fully emerging viewpoint , of spirituality, where it is ack a species that otherwise runs the risk of wiping itself out due to it's own ignorance.
It is my understanding that the Hindu believer worships the cow and believes a persons soul keeps returning after death of the body by jumping into other bodies being born regardless of if it is an animal or a human.

P.S. Seems like that might have something to do with demon possession.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
22 Aug 12

Originally posted by FMF
The fact that you do not want to make an unequivocal statement but instead keep referring to how you are being misunderstood or that you have already been clear and that people are "not listening" to you etc. etc. etc. is par for the course, it seems. If later, the fact that you believe there are two Gods - and Jesus is one of them - is referred to, you will probably back-peddle and claim you are being misunderstood.
So all this bantor means you don't understand that scripture and why I posted it, right? Right.....

F

Moves
22 Aug 12
1 edit

So all this bantor means you don't understand that scripture and why I posted it, right? Right.....
Still dodging. You must be NOT making an unequivocal statement for a reason. When someone raises the fact that you believe there are two Gods - and Jesus is one of them - you will no doubt say, Where? Show where I said that? I never said those words. And it'll be true - because you are dodging and deflecting for a reason.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
22 Aug 12

Any other thoughts on Mary being the mother of God?

F

Moves
22 Aug 12

Any other thoughts on Mary being the mother of God?
If Jesus is, as you say, Mighty God, and Mary is his mother, then there seems to be no problem calling her Mary Mother of God. I think we can agree on this.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
22 Aug 12

Originally posted by FMF
If Jesus is, as you say, Mighty God, and Mary is his mother, then there seems to be no problem calling her Mary Mother of God. I think we can agree on this.
That's fine but trinitarians believe she is the mother of Almighty God also in some weird mysterious way since Jesus, Jehovah and the Holy Spirit are all in the same according to them.

F

Moves
22 Aug 12

That's fine but trinitarians believe she is the mother of Almighty God also in some weird mysterious way since Jesus, Jehovah and the Holy Spirit are all in the same according to them.
Would you settle for calling her Mary Mother of a God? or Mary Mother of One of Two Gods?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
22 Aug 12

Originally posted by FMF
Roman Catholics have no problem with that. However, as a Protestant I do. Jesus is both human and divine. So we have no problem with Mary being called the mother of Jesus because of his humanity. But being called the mother of God is misleading and a deception of Satan the devil. Jesus is the Son of God and is God because His Father is God. Jesus is not God because of His mother. Jesus is son of man because of His mother.

F

Moves
22 Aug 12

Originally posted by RJHinds
Roman Catholics have no problem with that. However, as a Protestant I do. Jesus is both human and divine. So we have no problem with Mary being called the mother of Jesus because of his humanity. But being called the mother of God is misleading and a deception of Satan the devil. Jesus is the Son of God and is God because His Father is God. Jesus is not God because of His mother. Jesus is son of man because of His mother.
It's interesting how people having a different view from you invariably seems to come down - in your mind anyway - to "a deception of Satan the devil".

Moves
22 Aug 12

I asked you the question......is he called a god or not in your bible?
Yes , "a mighty God" as you also said.

Why do you believe there are two Gods?

Moves
22 Aug 12
6 edits

Originally posted by FMF
Still dodging. You must be NOT making an unequivocal statement for a reason. When someone raises the fact that you believe there are two Gods - and Jesus is one of them - you will no doubt say, Where? Show where I said that? I never said those words. And it'll be true - because you are dodging and deflecting for a reason.
No, Galveston has said in this thread:

"he [the 'child' Jesus] is a Mighty God but he is not Almighty God which is Jehovah".

As the JWs do not accept that Jesus is Jehovah, then there must be 2 "gods" whichever way you cut it, either mightly or almighty. It is the only way JWs can get around Isaiah.

Galvaston has also said that the "Bible says there are 2 gods, not me [Galveston]" and that he of course, agrees with the Bible.

Isaiah 9:6 is one of the most powerful scriptures relating to the deity of Christ and the nature of the Godhead:

For a child will be born to us, a son will be given to us; And the government will rest on His shoulders; And His name will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Eternal Father, Prince of Peace.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
22 Aug 12

Originally posted by divegeester
Yes , "a mighty God" as you also said.

Why do you believe there are two Gods?
The reason you are not understanding this is because you say you don't believe in the trinity but yet you do on some level. Others have asked you about this too. It appears you believe that Jesus and Jehovah are the same being. Where the holy spirit is with your understanding I'm not clear on.
But Jesus and Jehovah have never been the same being. They agree on all things so in that sence they are one in the same in mind and thought. But Jesus is still a seperate spiritual being just as I am a seperate human being from my father.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
22 Aug 12

The reason you are not understanding this is because you say you don't believe in the trinity but yet you do on some level. Others have asked you about this too. It appears you believe that Jesus and Jehovah are the same being. Where the holy spirit is with your understanding I'm not clear on.
But Jesus and Jehovah have never been the same being. They ...[text shortened]... Jesus is still a seperate spiritual being just as I am a seperate human being from my father.
Jehovah is a representation of the invisible God just as Jesus is the expressed image of the invisible God in bodily form. Jehovah appeared in the form of an angel, called the Angel of the Lord. Moses saw Jehovah, however, no man has seen God at any time. God appeared to Moses as Yah or Jehovah, then later God was manifested in the flesh through Jesus. who we call the son of man and the Son of God. However, the Spiirt of the Son of God existed at the beginning of creation because it is through the Son that all things were created. So Jehovah is the Old Testament representation of God before the fullness of the Godhead was represented in the bodily form of Jesus.

Now look at this verse again and really thing about the meaning:

And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.
(1 Timothy 3:16 KJV)