1. Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Aug '09 10:46
    Originally posted by stoker
    knocking at peoples door does not constitute doing gods will. if you read the bible. its visiting the sick, helping them in need, jesus never said knock at peoples door.
    But he did say use your given gifts, so i take this to be if your gift is looking after the sick, if your gift is to teach then teach the truth, give without reward and god will reward, etc ...[text shortened]... e door will be opened but more to say seek the truth in a personal way to open your heart to him
    yes how very convenient it must be for you, but naturally it completely misses the entire point of the good news, tell me, what is it about the opening text that you do not understand or do want to understand?

what is it about mattew 28:19,20 that you are missing?

what is it about acts 20:20 you cannot fathom

the consequences for hiding the talent are well known are they not. the chances of a member of Christendom calling at your home to tell you the good news of Gods kingdom, in obedience to Christ example and command are nil!
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Aug '09 10:481 edit
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    I think you should stop talking then (except to fellow JWs). Just about everybody else are coming to realise that JWs are actively not preaching the truth as its stated in the Bible, that Russell was a crooked deceiver and hell-bent on having a bunch of brainless sychophants like yourself to follow after his doctrine of lies.
    to be perfectly honest i have a much better and more fulfilling time conversing with the athiests, at least they are not pretending to be something they are not, unlike you weeds!
  3. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    26 Aug '09 17:22
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Jesus did do it and i can prove it! in fact he set the pattern, sending the disciples out. have you never read Luke chapter 10 my learned friend?

(Luke 10:1) . . .After these things the Lord designated seventy others and sent them forth by twos in advance of him into every city and place to which he himself was going to come.
    Ah, my misguided friend, can you not also see that Luke 10:7 specifically says "do not go from house to house." I often say that we in the 21st century cannot relate to the bible as a 1st century Israelite did, but some things seem eternal: No one, anywhere, likes a door-to-door evangelist.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Aug '09 17:351 edit
    Originally posted by rwingett
    Ah, my misguided friend, can you not also see that Luke 10:7 specifically says [b]"do not go from house to house." I often say that we in the 21st century cannot relate to the bible as a 1st century Israelite did, but some things seem eternal: No one, anywhere, likes a door-to-door evangelist.[/b]
    i knew my cunning fox like friend that you would bring this up, but it holds no water, for you will carefully observe the very same verse, which say that if a friend of peace is there then one should stay there, accept there hospitality and teach them. this verse does not state that one should not go from house to house, but that one should not be transfering from house to house, please consider the following.

In ancient times the guest, while treated with the utmost courtesy and honour, was expected to observe certain amenities and requirements. For example, it was considered among the vilest of acts to partake of another mans food and then betray him or bring harm to him. (Ps 41:9; Joh 13:18) The guest was not to presume upon his host or on the group gathered together by taking the seat of honour, or the place of prominence, but was to leave this for the host to determine. (Lu 14:7-11) Neither should he ‘wear out his welcome,’ by being at the home of his host too long or by going there too often. (Pr 25:17) It may be noted that Jesus always imparted spiritual blessings when enjoying the hospitality of his host. (Lu 5:27-39; 19:1-8)

For a similar reason he told his disciples whom he sent out that when they reached a town, they should stay in the home where hospitality was extended them and not be “transferring from house to house.” They should not be thus seeking a place where the householder could provide them with more comfort, entertainment, or material things.—Lu 10:1-7; Mr 6:7-11.

whether people like it or not, is a matter of opinion. many are simply glad of the company sometimes, especially those who live alone. In fifteen years of public ministry i have had the door slammed twice, both by what i can only describe as unstable individuals. mostly when people discern that we are not selling anything, they are polite but uninterested. sometimes people are willing to discuss things, but if not, please believe me, we also do not like wasting time trying to convince those who are uninterested. the best people are agnostics and atheists, why i do not know, they just seem better informed and less likely to have prejudice but like to make fun. the worst are ministers of religion, for it is quite apparent that as far as they are concerned, we are scum!

the best part is meeting all types of people, if you love people you will survive, if you struggle with it, then it shall be difficult for you.
  5. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    26 Aug '09 17:51
    i knew my cunning fox like friend that you would bring this up, but it holds no water, for you will carefully observe the very same verse, which say that if a friend of peace is there then one should stay there, accept there hospitality and teach them. this verse does not state that one should not go from house to house, but that one should not be t ...[text shortened]... f you love people you will survive, if you struggle with it, then it shall be difficult for you.
    Also to add. Going door to door is not an easy thing to do for some. It is a real test of faith and nerves. I personaly am a reserved person and it is a fearful thing at times to approach ones at the door. It is usually unfounded as most recieve us at least friendly. But we do run into ones that arean't and it can be scarey and nerve wraking at times.
    But we have to look at the bigger picture as this is what Jesus told us to do and it is the most effective way to let ones world wide know about the Kingdom and what it will soon do for our earth and for all humans involved.
    The small amount of a challenge it can be at times is nothing compared to what we are trying to do.
    We do it for free with our own time and money. Sure the physicle part of us would rather be out at the beach, laying by the pool or whatever most do on their times off from work.
    But the Bible says that the time is short for this system and we do as much as we can to try and find ones that are looking for the truth of this world and what the future holds.
    So my simple request is symply give us a brake when we knock on your door. We only want to help if your interested. If your not just let us know and we'll be on our way........
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Aug '09 18:022 edits
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Also to add. Going door to door is not an easy thing to do for some. It is a real test of faith and nerves. I personaly am a reserved person and it is a fearful thing at times to approach ones at the door. It is usually unfounded as most recieve us at least friendly. But we do run into ones that arean't and it can be scarey and nerve wraking at times.
    ...[text shortened]... want to help if your interested. If your not just let us know and we'll be on our way........
    yes, like you say, if one is shy, reserved, lacks confidence, has a disability, a disfigurement, a speech impediment, an accent, then it is really difficult.

my best friend when i lived in the city was knocked down by a car when he was younger and it left half his body paralysed, he shakes uncontrollably on his right hand side when lifting things, also he has a speech impediment and has difficulty walking properly because of it. Man it was difficult for him! Yet our God never once left him in the lurch, no, not once.
  7. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    26 Aug '09 18:45
    ...Yet our God never once left him in the lurch, no, not once.
    Except for when he was struck by the car, of course.
  8. Standard memberduecer
    anybody seen my
    underpants??
    Moves
    26 Aug '09 18:48
    LOL, wrong, but funny😛
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Aug '09 19:07
    actually he was not a witness at the time, even so,

(Ecclesiastes 9:11) . . .I returned to see under the sun that the swift do not have the race, nor the mighty ones the battle, nor do the wise also have the food, nor do the understanding ones also have the riches, nor do even those having knowledge have the favour; because time and unforeseen occurrence befall them all
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Aug '09 19:081 edit
    Originally posted by duecer
    LOL, wrong, but funny😛
    it was in bad taste actually!😠
  11. Standard memberduecer
    anybody seen my
    underpants??
    Moves
    26 Aug '09 19:09
    it was in bad taste actually!
    that's why I said it was wrong
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Aug '09 19:10
    Originally posted by duecer
    that's why I said it was wrong
    mmm, ok, ill forgive you , AGAIN!
  13. Standard memberduecer
    anybody seen my
    underpants??
    Moves
    26 Aug '09 19:31
    mmm, ok, ill forgive you , AGAIN!
    70 times 7
  14. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    27 Aug '09 02:55
    it was in bad taste actually!😠
    The point was a serious one. You give god credit for everything good, but you let him off the hook for all the bad stuff. Well I'm sorry, it doesn't work that way. It's a package deal. If you want to give him all the credit, then he has to take all the blame. If god is responsible for helping your friend through his troubles, then he is also to blame for those troubles in the first place. God either directly or indirectly caused that car to strike your friend. He could have prevented it, but he did not. That's just the way it works with an omnipotent and omniscient god.
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    27 Aug '09 03:47
    The point was a serious one. You give god credit for everything good, but you let him off the hook for all the bad stuff. Well I'm sorry, it doesn't work that way. It's a package deal. If you want to give him all the credit, then he has to take all the blame. If god is responsible for helping your friend through his troubles, then he is also to blame for th ...[text shortened]... nted it, but he did not. That's just the way it works with an omnipotent and omniscient god.
    ahh the folly of the rationalist, always questioning God??? It was not our Gods fault that my friend ran out in front of a car. Are we not endowed with free will, are we to mitigate the responsibility for our own actions and delegate them to God? The learned gentleman shall note that God does not shield us from the consequences of our own actions! That we have authority to give God the credit for all that is Good and none of the bad is Biblical and well known.

(James 1:13) . . .When under trial, let no one say: “I am being tried by God.” For with evil things God cannot be tried nor does he himself try any. . .

🙂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree