1. Joined
    07 Mar '09
    Moves
    16 Aug '09 14:43
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Well said!!!!!
    Sounds like rwingett is the only one truly beloved of god because he is being persecuted. I've never personally seen a christian persecuted. I have seen many people being persecuted by christians - who (I can only surmise) were not really christians at all and therefore are just going to hell. So why should rwingett concern himself with people destined for hell?
  2. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    16 Aug '09 15:09
    Originally posted by TerrierJack
    Sounds like rwingett is the only one truly beloved of god because he is being persecuted. I've never personally seen a christian persecuted. I have seen many people being persecuted by christians - who (I can only surmise) were not really christians at all and therefore are just going to hell. So why should rwingett concern himself with people destined for hell?
    Maybe it's is hangout???
  3. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    17 Aug '09 14:42
    From the Holocaust Museum....
    Even before 1933, Jehovah's Witnesses were targets of prejudice. Mainstream Lutheran and Catholic churches deemed them heretics. Moreover, citizens often found the Witnesses' missionary work--knocking on doors and preaching--to be invasive. Individual German states had long sought to curb the missionary work through strict ...[text shortened]... ligion, or civil concerns such as traffic congestion and noise.[citations needed]
    No comments??
  4. Joined
    17 Jun '09
    Moves
    17 Aug '09 20:34
    Originally posted by TerrierJack
    if that's true, then tell him to stop.
  5. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    18 Aug '09 03:471 edit
    From the Holocaust Museum....
    Even before 1933, Jehovah's Witnesses were targets of prejudice. Mainstream Lutheran and Catholic churches deemed them heretics. Moreover, citizens often found the Witnesses' missionary work--knocking on doors and preaching--to be invasive. Individual German states had long sought to curb the missionary work through strict ligion, or civil concerns such as traffic congestion and noise.[citations needed]
    So this Matt 24:9 applies to the JW's ? There were no JW's when this was written. It applies to followers of Christ. Various religious groups have been persecuted through the ages by certain regimes or empires or whatever. No surprise.

Manny
  6. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    18 Aug '09 04:54
    Originally posted by menace71
    So this Matt 24:9 applies to the JW's ? There were no JW's when this was written. It applies to followers of Christ. Various religious groups have been persecuted through the ages by certain regimes or empires or whatever. No surprise.

Manny
    Who more then the Witnesses the last few decades comes close? Jesus was talking about the last days of the wicked world before armageddon happens.
  7. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    18 Aug '09 04:58
    Seriously?? The JW's are being persecuted more than any other group? I'm not buying that.

Manny
  8. Joined
    08 Sep '08
    Moves
    18 Aug '09 08:31
    Well said!!!!!
    Why do people think they are making valid points by quoting from this book. They seem to think that everything in it is a proven truth. It's just a book, written by men, nothing more.
  9. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    18 Aug '09 10:01
    Originally posted by acb123
    Why do people think they are making valid points by quoting from this book. They seem to think that everything in it is a proven truth. It's just a book, written by men, nothing more.
    Are you talking about the Bible?
  10. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    18 Aug '09 10:04
    Originally posted by menace71

Manny
    Let's also not forget scientists who have been persecuted and murdered by religious fundamentalists throughout history also.
  11. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    18 Aug '09 10:05
    What other book is there?
  12. Joined
    08 Sep '08
    Moves
    18 Aug '09 10:34
    Of course I am. See the OP.
  13. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    18 Aug '09 11:00
    Originally posted by acb123
    Of course I am. See the OP.
    He is the OP.
  14. Standard memberduecer
    anybody seen my
    underpants??
    Moves
    18 Aug '09 11:321 edit
    Who more then the Witnesses the last few decades comes close? Jesus was talking about the last days of the wicked world before armageddon happens.
    seriously? how about the Jews for starters. Then of course there are the buddist monks of Tibet. seriously? yer joking right?

Then we could consider the Maronite Christians of the middle east, christians or muslims in Africa depending on the region.

wow what a completly ignorant and ethnocentric point of view😞
  15. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    18 Aug '09 11:39
    Palestinians, Chechens, Iraqis (Shia & Sunni), Hutsi's and Tutsi's in Rwanda, Afghans and the Balkans conflict are just a few places.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree