Matt 24:9?

Matt 24:9?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
18 Aug 09
1 edit

Originally posted by duecer
seriously? how about the Jews for starters. Then of course there are the buddist monks of Tibet. seriously? yer joking right?

Then we could consider the Maronite Christians of the middle east, christians or muslims in Africa depending on the region.

wow what a completly ignorant and ethnocentric point of view😞
You do get that I'm talking about Christian religions seeing that Jesus had something to do with that and it is the Bible we're talking about..right?
Also I didn't write the references I posted.

anybody seen my

underpants??

Moves
18 Aug 09

Originally posted by galveston75
You do get that I'm talking about Christian religions seeing that Jesus had something to do with that and it is the Bible we're talking about..right?
Also I didn't write the references I posted.
so the bible says that when christians persecute other christians it's a sign of the end times? is that your point?

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
18 Aug 09
2 edits

so the bible says that when christians persecute other christians it's a sign of the end times? is that your point?
Never said that. He said that it would be his followers that would be peresecuted. Aparently Jesus was speaking of being presecuted by anyone as it says by all the nations. Jehovah's Witnesses do the preaching work Jesus said to do in most of the countries of the world. No other religion does that...

anybody seen my

underpants??

Moves
18 Aug 09

Never said that. He said that it would be his followers that would be peresecuted. Aparently Jesus was speaking of being presecuted by anyone as it says by all the nations. Jehovah's Witnesses do the preaching work Jesus said to do in most of the countries of the world. No other religion does that...
are you seriously that deluded? ever heard of the brother andrew project? mother Teresa? There are thousands and thousands of Non-JW christian missionaries working in countries where it is illegal to preach the gospel. get real galveston.

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
18 Aug 09

Originally posted by Proper Knob
Let's also not forget scientists who have been persecuted and murdered by religious fundamentalists throughout history also.
Indeed. Agreed.

Manny

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
18 Aug 09

I've met missionarys that were not J-Dubs

Manny

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
18 Aug 09

Originally posted by menace71
I've met missionarys that were not J-Dubs

Manny
There are few religions that send out missionaries but "all" the Witnesses all do this work in over 235 lands, 290 languages and over 1billion hours annually. No other religion comes even close to this because they have no organized preaching work....

anybody seen my

underpants??

Moves
18 Aug 09

There are few religions that send out missionaries but "all" the Witnesses all do this work in over 235 lands, 290 languages and over 1billion hours annually. No other religion comes even close to this because they have no organized preaching work....
right...no others.. suuuure. thanks for the canned response galveston.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
18 Aug 09

You have a point? Where does it say organized preaching is a goal at
any time? The only point you need concern yourself with will be, do
you know Him, anything else is trying to put God into a place to have
to acknowledge that you've earned your way into Heaven by your good
works. I do not care how many good works you do it will not be enough.
Kelly

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
18 Aug 09

right...no others.. suuuure. thanks for the canned response galveston.
Compare numbers then of hours and Bible studies of other religions??????? The point is we are the only ones that all of us do this preaching work. You can argue all you want but the facts are there if you ever wanted to research it.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
18 Aug 09

Originally posted by KellyJay
You have a point? Where does it say organized preaching is a goal at
any time? The only point you need concern yourself with will be, do
you know Him, anything else is trying to put God into a place to have
to acknowledge that you've earned your way into Heaven by your good
works. I do not care how many good works you do it will not be enough.
Kelly
Jesus organized the preaching work back then as an example that we are to follow today. You want the scriptures?

anybody seen my

underpants??

Moves
18 Aug 09
3 edits

Compare numbers then of hours and Bible studies of other religions??????? The point is we are the only ones that all of us do this preaching work. You can argue all you want but the facts are there if you ever wanted to research it.
I would put the Amish up against you any day. hands down they are the hardest working Christians.They spend hours and hours in study and in worship weekly. And yes Virginia... they do have missions.

edit: real christians don't need to keep score because they are saved by faith not by works

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
18 Aug 09

I would put the Amish up against you any day. hands down they are the hardest working Christians.They spend hours and hours in study and in worship weekly. And yes Virginia... they do have missions.

edit: real christians don't need to keep score
It's to prove a point even if you don't understand that.

anybody seen my

underpants??

Moves
18 Aug 09

where in the heck is robbie when ya need a good debate?😞:'(

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
18 Aug 09

where in the heck is robbie when ya need a good debate?😞:'(
I'm just not waisting my time showing you the scriptures because it wouldn't do any good. Your not looking for the truth because you would see it if you were. There are millions of JW's that were in other religions as was my Mom. All agree that they were starved in their old religions and knew nothing of the Bible except what they were told by some old out of date pagan teachings. My gosh..they don't even use or even know God's name. How sad...