Matt 24:9?

Matt 24:9?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
23 Aug 09

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
please please please let Australia make a comeback!
I'm going to take it back to sports.
What is Matt 24:9 about anyway?
(If it is to complex, just leave it)

rc

Moves
23 Aug 09

Originally posted by karoly aczel
I'm going to take it back to sports.
What is Matt 24:9 about anyway?
(If it is to complex, just leave it)
its really simple, it states that Christ's true followers would be persecuted.

(Matthew 24:9) “Then people will deliver you up to tribulation and will kill you, and you will be objects of hatred by all the nations on account of my name.

What is really interesting is the whole of Matthew twenty four, its a composite sign preceding what the bible terms Armageddon.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
23 Aug 09

its really simple, it states that Christ's true followers would be persecuted.

(Matthew 24:9) “Then people will deliver you up to tribulation and will kill you, and you will be objects of hatred by all the nations on account of my name.

What is really interesting is the whole of Matthew twenty four, its a composite sign preceding what the bible terms Armageddon.
Ah! Persecution complex.

I swear I would've been dead if I was born 25-30 years earlier. But I wasn't!!!!

rc

Moves
23 Aug 09
3 edits

Originally posted by karoly aczel
Ah! Persecution complex.

I swear I would've been dead if I was born 25-30 years earlier. But I wasn't!!!!
why do you say that? have you experienced persecution? other than self persecution? you know, they wont make a canoe out of me type of persecution? drinks a glass of water and is full of holes! self love is realy hard to cultivate, im not talking about egotism, but genuine self worth and respect. too many times we are self loathing and it gets destructive. for the Christian to fulfil the 'golden rule', 'to love others as we do ourselves', means that we must try to at least cultivate some type of self love, for how can we love others as ourselves if we do not cultivate self love and respect? this is perhaps worth a discussion on its own, for the Bible has quite an extensive definition of love, that is not egotistical, nor romantic.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
23 Aug 09

why do you say that? have you experienced persecution? other than self persecution? you know, they wont make a canoe out of me type of persecution? drinks a glass of water and is full of holes! self love is realy hard to cultivate, im not talking about egotism, but genuine self worth and respect. too many times we are self loathing and it gets de ...[text shortened]... the Bible has quite an extensive definition of love, that is not egotistical, nor romantic.
Say what? Ah?
Ponting and Hussey made it to lunch, my brain is not taking up the slack at the moment.

Yeah self love is worth a discussion all its own, but I fear others will start talking about love for Jesus and then I will start talking about love for Sviva, (and perhaps Sherzo will start talking about love for Mohummad), and the point will be lost...