1. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    15 Aug '09 00:53
    What was Jesus talking about at Matt 24:9?
  2. Joined
    17 Jun '09
    Moves
    15 Aug '09 02:11
    Originally posted by galveston75
    That His follower's shall be persecuted.
  3. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    15 Aug '09 02:21
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Why do people always want to talk about the stupid passages?
  4. Joined
    17 Jun '09
    Moves
    15 Aug '09 02:26
    Originally posted by rwingett
    Why do people want to talk to stupid people like you?
  5. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    15 Aug '09 02:28
    Originally posted by daniel58
    Why do people want to talk to stupid people like you?
    Because, stupid or not, I am the only person worth talking to on this forum. Well, one of the very few at least.
  6. Joined
    17 Jun '09
    Moves
    15 Aug '09 02:42
    Because, stupid or not, I am the only person worth talking to on this forum. Well, one of the very few at least.
    Why do you bombard the spirituality forum when you're an atheist anyways? Why should you care?
  7. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    15 Aug '09 02:53
    9"Then they will deliver you to tribulation, and will kill you, and you will be hated by all nations because of My name.

Followers of Christ will be hated and persecuted because of His name.
    Plain & simple. Throughout history no surprise. Being fed to lions,crucified ect.

Manny
  8. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    15 Aug '09 04:411 edit
    Originally posted by menace71
    9"Then they will deliver you to tribulation, and will kill you, and you will be hated by all nations because of My name.

Followers of Christ will be hated and persecuted because of His name.
    Plain & simple. Throughout history no surprise. Being fed to lions,crucified ect.

Manny
    "Throughout history"? That happened only in the very early days. Quite a lot of nations embrace Christianity.
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    15 Aug '09 08:161 edit
    LOL, oh to kiss that ruby encrusted ring and pay homage to your greatness oh ming, who does not desire it. the wisdom , those proverbial utterences, we are one and all, not worthy! all hail, Ming the merciless!
  10. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    15 Aug '09 13:13
    I agree. You are worth talking to . I hope there are more than a very few though....
  11. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    15 Aug '09 13:32
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    "Throughout history"? That happened only in the very early days. Quite a lot of nations embrace Christianity.
    Ok maybe not crucified or fed to lions but there are places in the world today were Christians are persecuted still. Now I'm sure other religions are also being persecuted too.

Manny
  12. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    15 Aug '09 14:12
    It may be stupid if you don't get the meaning and importance of it. It's there for a reason and is a crucial statement for Jesus's followers...
  13. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    16 Aug '09 11:39
    From the Holocaust Museum....
    Even before 1933, Jehovah's Witnesses were targets of prejudice. Mainstream Lutheran and Catholic churches deemed them heretics. Moreover, citizens often found the Witnesses' missionary work--knocking on doors and preaching--to be invasive. Individual German states had long sought to curb the missionary work through strict enforcement of statutes on illegal solicitation. At various times, individual jurisdictions actually banned Witness religious literature, including the booklets The Watchtower and The Golden Age. During the Weimar period, however, the German courts often ruled in favor of the religious minority.
    Before the Nazis came to power, individual groups of local Nazis (party functionaries or SA men), acting outside the law, broke up Bible study meetings and assaulted individual Witnesses.

From the Wikipedia:
    Throughout the history of Jehovah's Witnesses, their beliefs, doctrines and practices have engendered controversy and opposition from the local governments, communities, or religious groups. Persecution has been a recurrent experience of the Jehovah's Witnesses since its foundation. Ken Jubber writes that "Viewed globally, this persecution has been so persistent and of such an intensity that it would not be inaccurate to regard Jehovah's witnesses as the most persecuted religion of the twentieth century".[1] Many Christian denominations consider their interpretation and doctrines to be heresy. Thus some religious leaders have accused Jehovah's Witnesses of being a cult. According to the eminent jurist Archibald Cox, in the United States, the Witnesses were "the principal victims of religious persecution... in the twentieth century... Although founded earlier, they began to attract attention and provoke repression in the 1930s, when their proselytizing and numbers rapidly increased." [2]

Political and religious animosity against them has at times led to mob action and government oppression, in countries such as Cuba, the United States, Canada and Nazi Germany. The religion's doctrine of political neutrality has led to the jailing of Witnesses who refused conscription (for example in Britain during World War II and afterwards during the period of compulsory national service). During the world wars, Jehovah's Witnesses were also targeted in the United States, Canada and many other countries because they refused to serve in the military or help with war efforts. In Canada, Jehovah's Witnesses were interned in camps along with political dissidents and people of Japanese and Chinese descent. Activities of Jehovah's Witnesses have previously been banned in the Soviet Union and in Spain, partly due to Jehovah's Witnesses refusal to perform military service. Their religious activities are currently illegal or restricted in some countries, for example in China, Vietnam, and many Islamic states.

There has been opposition expressed by locals in some communities to the building of facilities such as Kingdom Halls or the holding of large conventions. This sort of opposition has derived from various motives, such as opposition to the religion, or civil concerns such as traffic congestion and noise.[citations needed]
  14. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    16 Aug '09 12:30
    So it's only stupid if others do it, but you can resort to this all day long in other threads. The hypocrisy is quite glaring!
  15. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    16 Aug '09 12:56
    Originally posted by scacchipazzo
    So it's only stupid if others do it, but you can resort to this all day long in other threads. The hypocrisy is quite glaring!
    Well said!!!!!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree