Standard memberRemoved
Spirituality 13 Sep '17 12:09
  1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    13 Sep '17 20:50
    Originally posted by @sonship
    Engage.
    Who are you now...Captian Jean Luc Packard?
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    13 Sep '17 23:49
    Originally posted by @eladar
    He likened her and her people to a dog.
    Subtlety escapes you in your headlong rush to call Jesus a bigot and justify your own bigotry.
  3. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    13 Sep '17 23:55
    She was simply willing to be called a dog. She was not being proud. She wanted a miracle and didn't care about being called a dog as long as she could get the miracle.
    She expressed faith and respect, which you apparently fail at.

And Jesus recognized her faith. Would he have rewarded her if she only showed him insults, as you consistently do in this forum?
  4. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    14 Sep '17 00:12
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    Subtlety escapes you in your headlong rush to call Jesus a bigot and justify your own bigotry.
    The truth escapes you.
  5. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    14 Sep '17 00:13
    She expressed faith and respect, which you apparently fail at.

And Jesus recognized her faith. Would he have rewarded her if she only showed him insults, as you consistently do in this forum?
    I can understand how a child of Satan would believe I lack faith.
  6. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    14 Sep '17 00:23
    He likened her and her people to a dog.
    Everyone not a Jew was her people in the context of the story, you'd been a dog.
  7. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    14 Sep '17 00:24
    Originally posted by @kellyjay
    Everyone not a Jew was her people in the context of the story, you'd been a dog.
    Yes, I would have been a dog bevause I am the wrong race.
  8. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    14 Sep '17 00:26
    Yes, I would have been a dog bevause I am the wrong race.
    Wrong race until the work of God was complete. If you grasped what was going on you'd
    stop this race bating of yours. God was out to save the world, He created a race to bring
    Jesus into the world. He does not like or dislike one race of people over another, but He
    did use the Jews to bring Jesus into the world to save the whole world.
  9. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    14 Sep '17 00:31
    Wrong race until the work of God was complete. If you grasped what was going on you'd
    stop this race bating of yours. God was out to save the world, He created a race to bring
    Jesus into the world. He does not like or dislike one race of people over another, but He
    did use the Jews to bring Jesus into the world to save the whole world.
    What is sinful is always sinful. If it wasn't sinful for Jesus then, it is not sinful today.

Jesus' fulfillment of the Law did not change the definition of sin.
  10. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    14 Sep '17 01:03
    Originally posted by @sonship
    What is really the lesson being taught here as Jesus speaks to a Gentile women.

[b] " But He answered and said, It is not good to take the children's bread and throw it to the little dogs."

Is the main lesson here that one ethnic group of people is justified by Jesus in despising another ethnic group as "dogs" - ie. far below the ...[text shortened]...
    I don't think this section Matthew 15:21-28 has that as its intended point.

Engage.[/b]
    Proves we are not all Gods children but she became and she already was really one of Gods real children.
  11. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    14 Sep '17 01:431 edit
    What is sinful is always sinful. If it wasn't sinful for Jesus then, it is not sinful today.

Whether you like it or not, the difference here is that what Jesus did was in no way sin, while what you continue to do and attempt to justify, with what you think is a loophole, is.
  12. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    14 Sep '17 01:56
    Whether you like it or not, the difference here is that what Jesus did was in no way sin, while what you continue to do and attempt to justify, with what you think is a loophole, is.
    That is correct, the racial slur was not a sin. This is because such comments are not inherently sinful.
  13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    14 Sep '17 04:11
    That is correct, the racial slur was not a sin. This is because such comments are not inherently sinful.
  14. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    14 Sep '17 10:56

Who claims anything that was sinful isn't? Again, you are seeing things not in front of you.
  15. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    14 Sep '17 11:261 edit
    Who claims anything that was sinful isn't? Again, you are seeing things not in front of you.
    Do you claim that Jesus wasn't being a racist when he told the woman she was of the wrong race?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree