Matthew 15:26

Standard memberRemoved
Spirituality 13 Sep '17 12:09
  1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    15 Sep '17 01:391 edit
    Brother Watchman Nee had some comments on Matt. 15:26

Verse 24:"But He answered and said, I was not sent except to the lost sheep of the house of Israel." All the works of the Lord on the earth were for the Jews; His open works for the Gentiles would begin in the house of Cornelius. Until then the Lord's works toward the Gentiles were only suggestive. Even in His going to the house of Israel, He went only to the lost sheep (the remnant). Why did the Lord speak such a word? He wanted to give the woman a handle. The Lord was sent only to the house of Israel. Now, since He was to go to the lost sheep, the realm had become much broader. Was the woman not a lost sheep? Could she not receive grace? All she needed to do was to admit that she was a lost sheep. The Lord stayed at a far distance to allow her to think. His not answering was not a refusal; rather, it was a silent permission. Although the Lord did not open His mouth at that time, His heart was beating unceasingly, and He was eager to give grace. However, since the woman did not stand in the position of a sinner, it was inconvenient for the Lord to answer her request. God's silent delay is not a rejection. When our God delays, it is not that He rejects us; rather, He is waiting for us. After the Lord speaks one sentence, He stops. But within, He eagerly expects and loves us immensely. His outward distance is not a real distance.

From Collected Works of Watchman Nee - study of Matthew
    Messages given in Shanghai China - 1931

A bit more. Good isn't it ?

Verse 27:"And she said, Yes, Lord, for even the little dogs eat of the crumbs which fall from their masters' table." In saying, "Yes, Lord," the woman acknowledged that what the Lord had spoken was right and that she was wrong. In Greek there are two different words for dog. One is used in reference to wild dogs and the other is used in reference to domestic dogs. Here the word used is that for domestic dogs. The Lord gave her the handle of His word, and she held on to it. What she meant was this: "Although I am a dog, I am Your dog. Since I am Your dog, I can eat the crumbs."

Verse 28:"Then Jesus answered and said to her, O woman, great is your faith! Be it done to you as you wish. And her daughter was healed from that hour." The Lord here addressed her as "woman," and He first praised her and then gave her what she had asked. (The way of the Lord's rewarding is also first by praising and then by giving—Matt. 25:21, 23). The Lord's heart leaped because He greatly marveled at her faith. God's delay and God's trial are training schools of our faith. The longer the delay in answering, the greater the faith. "Son of David" denotes a natural relationship. If you consider that your behavior is good and that your conduct is not bad, then God will give you up. If you are willing to humble yourself and stand in the position of a dog, God will bless you. May we learn from this passage how to pray and hold on to the handle of God's word. (This portion speaks of the heart of the Gentiles.)

https://www.ministrybooks.org/books.cfm?n
  2. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    15 Sep '17 01:41
    Originally posted by @eladar
    Do you think they didn't have racism in Jesus' day? Jesus did not speak against it.

You dont find anyone in the Bible speaking againat racism at all. You only find it in today's societal modalities.

I have spent enough time trying to get you to admit your lies. I guess it was foolish effort.

Perhaps later you will be ready for redemption, but for today you belong to man.
    They had a lot things wrong in Jesus day! We are all sons and daughters from Adam and
    Eve. So what reason would Jesus talk about race issues? As far as God is concern there is
    only one race. So when God says that we are to love one another, there is no exception
    due to race since there is only one.
  3. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    15 Sep '17 02:04
    Originally posted by @kellyjay
    They had a lot things wrong in Jesus day! We are all sons and daughters from Adam and
    Eve. So what reason would Jesus talk about race issues? As far as God is concern there is
    only one race. So when God says that we are to love one another, there is no exception
    due to race since there is only one.
    Which is why we see mention of this one race stuff throughout the Bible.
  4. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    15 Sep '17 02:13
    Which is why we see mention of this one race stuff throughout the Bible.
    It is in scripture, you need to see scripture refer to Adam and Eve other than Genesis?
  5. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    15 Sep '17 02:20
    It is in scripture, you need to see scripture refer to Adam and Eve other than Genesis?
    So it is hiding.

Funny how you see hiding stuff but can't see things actually written in the scripture.
  6. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    15 Sep '17 02:28
    So it is hiding.

Funny how you see hiding stuff but can't see things actually written in the scripture.
    Who said it was hiding?
  7. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    15 Sep '17 02:31
    So it is hiding.

1 Timothy 2:13
    For Adam was formed first, then Eve.

Romans 5:14
    Nevertheless, death reigned from the time of Adam to the time of Moses, even over those who did not sin by breaking a command, as did Adam, who is a pattern of the one to come.
  8. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    15 Sep '17 02:31
    Who said it was hiding?
    Where is racism defined as a sin?

You know like being a drunkard and having sex with other men is defined as a sin.

Book, chapter and verse please.
  9. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    15 Sep '17 02:39

You know like being a drunkard and having sex with other men is defined as a sin.

Since there is only one race, why would it be brought up as a factor? You are making a
    deal of not liking someone you were commanded to love? Do I have to quote Jesus about
    loving God and your neighbor, again? If you are not loving those around you, you are
    going against loving your neighbor, there is not an excuse for doing that, Even if they did
    you wrong, you are to forgive if you want God to forgive you.
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    18 Sep '17 12:261 edit

Where is shooting cocaine said to be a sin in the Bible ?

Where is hit and run in an automobile described as a sin in the Bible ?

The fleshy man will excuse himself by claiming there is no "Thou Shalt Not ... " for his cherished sin.

The maturing spiritual man can understand that when the apostle Paul says "and things like these" a representative sample a guideline.

Ruining the Christian testimony are things like -

" factions, divisions, sects, ... those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God." ( See Gal. 5:19-21 )

So you go right ahead and boast that your racism is smiled upon by God.
    God will not entrust the co-rulership in His kingdom to the defeated Christian but to the overcoming one.

That is on the negative side. You cannot discern that most of the time Racism is a thing LIKE the sample works of the flesh Paul mentions.

On the positive side, Paul says that the fruit of the Spirit are also sampled in a representative list.

"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy ..."

I haven't met a joyful racist person yet.

" But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace ..."

I never met a racist person at peace either.

" ... peace, long-suffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, meekness ..."

From what I have seen from either the Ku Klux Klan or Black Moslems or even yourself, meekness is not a treasured trait. You seem to despise kindness and seize every opportunity to show your contempt for the virtue.

" ... self-control ..."

I think you lost it when you told a Christian here to "go to hell" - that was me you told that to. But I forgive you. I'm looking from you more "the fruit of the Spirit" since you claim to be a lover of Jesus Christ.

I have never known any joyful, kind, meek, long-suffering, peaceful racism.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree