Matthew 15:26

Standard memberRemoved
Spirituality 13 Sep '17 12:09
  1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    14 Sep '17 12:164 edits
    Originally posted by @rbhill
    Proves we are not all Gods children but she became and she already was really one of Gods real children.
    Proves we are not all Gods children but she became and she already was really one of Gods real children.

This sentence is a little confusing to me RBHILL.

On one hand God called Israel a chosen race. But on the other hand He warned them that it was because of His faithfulness to their fathers, He set His affection on them.

"For you are a holy people to Jehovah your God; it is you whom Jehovah your God has chosen from among all the peoples which are upon the face of the earth to be a people for His personal treasure.

It was not because you were more numerous than all the peoples that Jehovah has set His affection on you and has chosen you, for you were the fewest of all the peoples. Rather, because Jehovah loved you and because He would keep the oath which He swore to your fathers, Jehovah has brought you out with a mighty hand and ransomed you from the slave house, from the hand of Pharoah, the king of Egypt.

Know therefore that it is Jehovah your God who is God, the faithful God who keeps covenant and lovingkindness to the thousandth generation with those who love Him and keep His commandments." (Deut. 7:7-9)

There is nothing here suggesting that God sees Israel as biologically a superior race among all others on earth.

They were special to God. Yet they were not special by some intrinsic biological characteristic. When I think of Racism I think of some genetic superiority of some people group. There is nothing of this in the Bible.

We do have to deal with the fact that Jesus implied that the Canaanite women was a little dog compared to the little children at the table.

He could not have meant that she was biologically inferior to Jews.
    Because of His covenant relationship to Israel she, a Canaanite, was unclean.

I heard that the little dogs stayed in the house because they were kind of cute in ancient times. When they got bigger they were driven away and became the nuisance of bands of wild adult dogs.
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    14 Sep '17 12:441 edit
    God has this oath to keep to Abraham, Isaac, an Jacob.
    The covenant faithfulness to Israel had nothing to do with any intrinsic biological superiority they possessed over the Canaanites or other Gentiles.

Moses reminds God -

"Remember Abraham, Isaac, and Israel, Your servants, to whom You swore by Yourself and said to them, I will multiply your seed as the stars of heaven, and all this land that I have spoken of I will give to your seed, and they shall inherit it" (Exodus 32:13)

Does Matthew 26 imply that the Canaanite woman was inferior to the Israelites on some inherit biological aspect? I say not. There is no support to a human philosophy of racial superiority / inferiority.

But according to the covenant God had she was like the little pet dog under the table of the children. Christ, the children's bread was on the table. Christ came to the land of Israel to be the children's meal. In their naughtiness they brushed the bread off the table.

There under the table (ie. in the Gentile region) the Canaanite woman partook of the blessing of Christ. And Jesus marveled at the faith she displayed in contrast to the unbelief of His own people the Israelites, on whose sake He had to temporarily leave the Holy Land.
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    14 Sep '17 12:451 edit
    "And she said, Yes, Lord ..."

Not "Son of David" as the King of Israel but Lord as the universal God incarnate to be a man. She had come worshiping Him (v.25)

"And she said, Yes, Lord, for even the little dogs eat of the crumbs which fall from their masters' table.

Then Jesus answered and said to her, O woman, great is your faith! Be it done to you as you wish. And her daughter was healed from that hour." (Matt. 15:27,28)

The point of the record is how great her faith was.
    What the children at the table did not have the little dog under the table had.

What the unbelieving Jews who had chased Jesus away from the Holy Land didn't have (ie. knocking the bread off of t he table), the Gentile Canaanite woman in the Gentile region had - faith in the Son of God.

Why did the children knock the bread off of the table, so to speak ?
    They lacked faith. The Son of David came and they had no faith to recognize Him.

The Gentile woman in the border regions of Tyre and Sidon recognized His divine being as the Lord, worshipped Him, and was benefitted because of her faith.
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    14 Sep '17 12:47
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    Who are you now...Captian Jean Luc Packard?
    I guess I am encouraging Christ Trek - to boldly go in God where no one has gone before.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    14 Sep '17 12:562 edits
    Originally posted by @eladar
    Yes, I would have been a dog bevause I am the wrong race.
    According to the story which do you think Christ was happier with.

1.) the "right" race without faith ?
    2.) the "wrong" race with faith ?
    '
    " But He answered and said, It is not good to take the children's bread and throw it to the little dogs.

And she said, Yes, Lord, for even the little dogs eat of the crumbs which fall from their masters' table.

Then Jesus answered and said to her, O woman, great is your faith! Be it done to you as you wish. And her daughter was healed from that hour."

Is the conclusion of Christ's words here the hopeless biological inferiority of Canaanites to Jews? Or is the point the precious faith He sought from the Jews He found in the Canaanite?
  6. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    14 Sep '17 15:58
    Do you claim that Jesus wasn't being a racist when he told the woman she was of the wrong race?
    Yes I will without a doubt say He was not being a racist!
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    14 Sep '17 18:421 edit
    Originally posted by @sonship
    I guess I am encouraging Christ Trek - to boldly go in God where no one has gone before.
    Try and stay away from those worlds where the aliens are witnessing your version of the eternal torture as a warning to them. 😉
  8. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    14 Sep '17 19:12
    Originally posted by @kellyjay
    Yes I will without a doubt say He was not being a racist!
    Of course you would deny the obvious truth.

Jesus is perfect and there is no difference between societal values and God's truth.
  9. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    14 Sep '17 19:46
    Of course you would deny the obvious truth.

Jesus is perfect and there is no difference between societal values and God's truth.
    Again you don't have a clue, but you will speak as if you do!
  10. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    14 Sep '17 20:41
    Again you don't have a clue, but you will speak as if you do!
    From a child of Satan's point of view I am sure you are correct.
  11. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    15 Sep '17 00:02
    From a child of Satan's point of view I am sure you are correct.
    Do you think it odd, that Jesus said this,

"...will be able soon afterward to speak evil of me. "

You speak evil of many, and its actually you, not any other that is speaking evil of Jesus.
    When you smear someone's name you profess to love, what does this say, about your
    relationship with them?

Mark 9:
    38 John said to him, “Teacher, we saw someone casting out demons in your name,[f] and we tried to stop him, because he was not following us.” 39 But Jesus said, “Do not stop him, for no one who does a mighty work in my name will be able soon afterward to speak evil of me. 40 For the one who is not against us is for us. 41 For truly, I say to you, whoever gives you a cup of water to drink because you belong to Christ will by no means lose his reward.
  12. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    15 Sep '17 00:41
    Do you think it odd, that Jesus said this,

"...will be able soon afterward to speak evil of me. "

You speak evil of many, and its actually you, not any other that is speaking evil of Jesus.
    When you smear someone's name you profess to love, what does this say, about your
    relationship with them?

Mark 9:
    38 John said to him, “Teacher, we saw ...[text shortened]... gives you a cup of water to drink because you belong to Christ will by no means lose his reward.
    I do not speak evil of Jesus. Where is racism specificalky mentioned as a sin?

When the woman asked could not have Jesus simply said yes?
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    15 Sep '17 00:474 edits

[My bolding]

If you are just resting on your laurels about some Bell Curve indicating you're more intelligent because of your white skin pigmentation, it is not working too well for you. You misspell a lot.

Does your confidence in the Bell Curve make you too lazy to use your education to spell correctly in public?
  14. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    15 Sep '17 01:012 edits

He did not say you woman are a dog, He related a story to her about the importance of
    what He was doing. Jesus was there for all of us, He even praised her for her faith, and
    granted her desires. That would not have occurred had He thought of her as you are
    spewing.

You have smeared Jesus' name in so many places, and you think this is something
    one who loves the Lord would do? You have to know saying such things offend others,
    and you do know that Jesus gave some stern warnings about offending one of His?

Yes, Jesus could have said yes, He could have done and said a lot of things. What He did
    not do was directly call that woman dog, but you twist scriptures in your head making
    Jesus out to be someone who would belittle another, who was helpless in her need
    coming to Him for help! You actually think Jesus who came to be sin for us, to suffer for
    us, would ever do such a thing?

Whose child do you claim to be again?
  15. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    15 Sep '17 01:27
    He did not say you woman are a dog, He related a story to her about the importance of
    what He was doing. Jesus was there for all of us, He even praised her for her faith, and
    granted her desires. That would not have occurred had He thought of her as you are
    spewing.

You have smeared Jesus' name in so many places, and you think this is something
    one ...[text shortened]... for us, to suffer for
    us, would ever do such a thing?

Whose child do you claim to be again?
    Do you think they didn't have racism in Jesus' day? Jesus did not speak against it.

You dont find anyone in the Bible speaking againat racism at all. You only find it in today's societal modalities.

I have spent enough time trying to get you to admit your lies. I guess it was foolish effort.

Perhaps later you will be ready for redemption, but for today you belong to man.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree