1. PenTesting
    Moves
    18 Sep '20 23:32
    @divegeester said
    Phil doesn’t believe there are any gods; in believing this what should he be scared of from your perspective?
    Only God knows these things. The bible says all men will face judgment.
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Sep '20 23:36
    @rajk999 said
    Only God knows these things. The bible says all men will face judgment.
    So there is nothing he should be concerned about except God’s scrutiny of him not finding the idea of a supernatural creator to be credible and yours and mine version of one to be unpalatable?
  3. PenTesting
    Moves
    19 Sep '20 00:07
    @divegeester said
    So there is nothing he should be concerned about except God’s scrutiny of him not finding the idea of a supernatural creator to be credible and yours and mine version of one to be unpalatable?
    The bible calls atheists fools. How God will judge these fools is not my concern. .. dont really care. However its not an event they will enjoy unless they were living according to the commandments of Christ, and I know some profess to accept Christ's teachings as worthy and good doctrines to follow, though they they are atheists.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    19 Sep '20 00:18
    @rajk999 said
    The bible calls atheists fools. How God will judge these fools is not my concern. .. dont really care.
    That’s not very Christ like, you need to be careful there because you might lose your salvation with attitudes like that one.

For God so loved the world ....
    Jesus loved the lost, he loved sinners...

But you don’t care. You don’t seem to be following the example of God nor the teachings of Christ.
  5. PenTesting
    Moves
    19 Sep '20 00:251 edit
    @divegeester said
    That’s not very Christ like, you need to be careful there because you might lose your salvation with attitudes like that one.

For God so loved the world ....
    Jesus loved the lost, he loved sinners...

But you don’t care. You don’t seem to be following the example of God nor the teachings of Christ.
    More one line doctrine nonsense. Like I suggested, learn to read. God / Jesus loved sinners in that he died for them, and gave them a chance to repent and change their sinful ways. God hates sinners and whoever continues on with a life of sin, God will destroy them in the lake of fire. Its all in the bible. Go read it.
  6. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    19 Sep '20 07:30
    @divegeester said
    Yes I had forgotten that scripture, you are correct it does mention humans eating vegetation. Although there is no specific instruction to not eat meat, I do concede that if it is not mentioned here then it is demonstrably evident that meat was not eaten.

There was no death before the fall and so there could not have been eating of meat unless it was created as in the ...[text shortened]... n on what to eat but I don’t concede that God is against eating meat.

Nevertheless, well spotted.
    Outside of the bible, of course. (in the real world) man has always eaten meat.

I do though believe meat-eating is something future generation will come to look back on in abhorrence. (As they will in our use of plastics or fossil fuels).
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    19 Sep '20 08:59
    @rajk999 said
    More one line doctrine nonsense. Like I suggested, learn to read. God / Jesus loved sinners in that he died for them, and gave them a chance to repent and change their sinful ways. God hates sinners and whoever continues on with a life of sin, God will destroy them in the lake of fire. Its all in the bible. Go read it.
    I’ve read the bible fairly extensively over the 30 odd years I’ve been a Christian, although I confess that I don’t read it much these days.

I’m pretty clear on what it does and doesn’t say, it’s apparent contradictions and it’s horror stories. I’m also very clear on what is does say about the important aspects of the Biblical and Christian God and it doesn’t align with your preconceptions.

Having read your posts for a dozen or so years i was always of the opinion that your Christianity was non existent and in fact you admitted once that you didn’t classify yourself as one. With that I was also certain that once you got railing on about topics other than your favourite “salvation by works” riff, then you would come undone. And indeed you have in these recent threads.

It was a matter of time.
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    19 Sep '20 09:051 edit
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Outside of the bible, of course. (in the real world) man has always eaten meat.

I do though believe meat-eating is something future generation will come to look back on in abhorrence. (As they will in our use of plastics or fossil fuels).
    I believe that man only ate vegetation pre fall, I just didn’t remember a text confirming other wise. To be fair to myself it’s the first time I’ve gotten into it as a debate.

Biblically speaking there is a premise that God is anti-death, but this isn’t held up when one considers the rest of the bible which is full of death and indeed meat eating.

To your point here; secularly speaking man has always eaten meat yes. But I do not see a day when society will rejected meat eating en mass.

We are a selfish survival orientated, warring, meat-eating species and we will continue to be so despite the trends of society in the contemporary world of luxury.
  9. PenTesting
    Moves
    19 Sep '20 09:24
    @divegeester said
    I’ve read the bible fairly extensively over the 30 odd years I’ve been a Christian, although I confess that I don’t read it much these days.

I’m pretty clear on what it does and doesn’t say, it’s apparent contradictions and it’s horror stories. I’m also very clear on what is does say about the important aspects of the Biblical and Christian God and it doesn’t align wi ...[text shortened]... hen you would come undone. And indeed you have in these recent threads.

It was a matter of time.
    I quote extensively and in fact exclusively from the teachings of Jesus Christ when it comes to what it takes to enter the Kingdom of God. Nobody here does that, because nobody wants to believe Christ. Christians like you quote from the teachings of Paul which is easy to manipulate and cherry-pick, leading to a doctrine of mouth worship.

Jesus Christ is the sole authority and way to eternal life. Not Paul.
  10. PenTesting
    Moves
    19 Sep '20 09:29
    @divegeester said
    I believe that man only ate vegetation pre fall, I just didn’t remember a text confirming other wise.
    Now you resorting outright lies !! You said I... there are no references to Adam and Eve eating anything at all for nourishment in the garden of Eden.

Shameless.
  11. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    19 Sep '20 12:44
    @divegeester said
    I believe that man only ate vegetation pre fall, I just didn’t remember a text confirming other wise. To be fair to myself it’s the first time I’ve gotten into it as a debate.

Biblically speaking there is a premise that God is anti-death, but this isn’t held up when one considers the rest of the bible which is full of death and indeed meat eating.

To your point he ...[text shortened]... ies and we will continue to be so despite the trends of society in the contemporary world of luxury.
    What fall exactly? Unless we take the literal interpretation of Adam and Eve, we evolved as a species from ancestors who always ate meat.

Even at this stage in our development we are exploring ways to produce meat substitutes without the need to kill animals and in the future will certainly reach a stage where eating animals simply isn't necessary to provide the protein and dietary requirements of humanity. It's only a matter of time.

The notion of eating animals or paying for it in paper money will be laughable to our future descendants.
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    19 Sep '20 14:45
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    What fall exactly?
    The fall of man in the garden of Eden .

Of course.
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    19 Sep '20 14:46
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    The notion of eating animals or paying for it in paper money will be laughable to our future descendants.
    Meat eating is endemic throughout nature, throughout all evolution and is completely normal. It’s your ideas which are our of kilter with the environmental norm.
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    19 Sep '20 14:482 edits
    @rajk999 said
    Now you resorting outright lies !! You said I... there are no references to Adam and Eve eating anything at all for nourishment in the garden of Eden.

Shameless.
    That’s right, that’s exactly what i said and I was mistaken as Ghost of a duke rightly pointed out. There IS a text referring to man eating food for nourishment in Genesis. I should have checked.

Edit: AND I have always believed that man was vegetarian before the fall. I just didn’t think it could be proved.

What’s the lie?
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    19 Sep '20 14:50
    @rajk999 said
    I quote extensively and in fact exclusively from the teachings of Jesus Christ when it comes to what it takes to enter the Kingdom of God. Nobody here does that, because nobody wants to believe Christ. Christians like you quote from the teachings of Paul which is easy to manipulate and cherry-pick, leading to a doctrine of mouth worship.

Jesus Christ is the sole authority and way to eternal life. Not Paul.
    You cherry pick the bits you like and which fit your beliefs. You admitted to it recently. We all do it.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree