Meat Eating

Meat Eating

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
18 Sep 20

@indonesia-phil said
In what way was the stoning of homosexuals good for the Jews? It wasn't very good for homosexual Jews, was it? What I find extraordinary and sad is that in this day and age there are still people around who regard homosexuality as a sin.
And by the way, the word 'Homophobic' has been a part of common parlance for a long time, where have you been for the last twenty years?
The bible is clear and unambiguous that sex between same gender humans is sin, therefore some religionists will carry a torch for it.

However, lust is a sin, gluttony is a sin, anger is a sin, lying is a sin, covetousness, greed, laziness are also all sins.

If a man (or woman) looks at another woman (or man) with lust in his (or her) heart, he (or she) (or they) have committed adultery.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
18 Sep 20

@divegeester said
What “ elephant“? What “room”?

I’ve already told you in detail what I think, have you forgotten?
What's to forget? You dodge it every time.

Was Christ's atonement an act of altruism?!

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
18 Sep 20

@divegeester said
II’m not missing any point, in fact you are missing mine which is that there are no references to Adam and Eve eating anything at all for nourishment in the garden of Eden.

The trees mentioned in the garden aren’t bearing food, they are spiritual metaphors. There is no evidence of mankind eating anything at all pre fall.
Why are you unaware of Genesis 1:29–30? (yours for food).

God said, “Behold, I have given you every seed-bearing herb which is upon the surface of the entire earth, and every tree that has seed-bearing fruit; it will be yours for food. And to all the beasts of the earth and to all the fowl of the heavens, and to everything that moves upon the earth, in which there is a living spirit, every green herb to eat,” and it was so.

God is clearly prescribing Adam and Eve a vegetarian diet.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
18 Sep 20

@divegeester said
II’m not missing any point, in fact you are missing mine which is that there are no references to Adam and Eve eating anything at all for nourishment in the garden of Eden.

The trees mentioned in the garden aren’t bearing food, they are spiritual metaphors. There is no evidence of mankind eating anything at all pre fall.

The only evidence there is at all in the bi ...[text shortened]... lease from the old covenant does still specify food.

Everything else is conjecture and inference.
In the very same post, you find symbolism where it is convenient and deny it where it is obvious.

Comedy gold.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
18 Sep 20

@divegeester said

Nonsense. Genesis 1:29–30

“Behold, I have given you every seed-bearing herb which is upon the surface of the entire earth, and every tree that has seed-bearing fruit; it will be yours for food..."

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
18 Sep 20
3 edits

@divegeester said
Prior to the fall of man God told Adam:

And the LORD God commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat: (Genesis 2:16 KJV)

EAT of every tree. There was only one exception. Also animals were also required to eat of trees and plants. There was in fact food to eat.

[

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
18 Sep 20

@indonesia-phil said
In what way was the stoning of homosexuals good for the Jews? It wasn't very good for homosexual Jews, was it? What I find extraordinary and sad is that in this day and age there are still people around who regard homosexuality as a sin.
And by the way, the word 'Homophobic' has been a part of common parlance for a long time, where have you been for the last twenty years?
You dont get to choose what is a sin and what is not, in the eyes of God. God said it was good for the Jews. Who are you to say otherwise. What is extraordinary is that are a few people who dont care about your ridiculous take on sin and who keep the laws of God. The losers in the end will be those like you that have gone astray by keeping the laws of man.

I know what homophobic means, but it is a meaningless word. It is comfort to a fool, to think that people should not condemn their homosexuality. It is condemned by God. It is an abomination. Your opinion on this matter means nothing to those who are God fearing.

IP

Moves
18 Sep 20

@divegeester said
The bible is clear and unambiguous that sex between same gender humans is sin, therefore some religionists will carry a torch for it.

However, lust is a sin, gluttony is a sin, anger is a sin, lying is a sin, covetousness, greed, laziness are also all sins.

If a man (or woman) looks at another woman (or man) with lust in his (or her) heart, he (or she) (or they) have committed adultery.
Could be one reason why I'm not religious, too many things to remember not to do...

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
18 Sep 20

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Why are you unaware of Genesis 1:29–30? (yours for food).

God said, “Behold, I have given you every seed-bearing herb which is upon the surface of the entire earth, and every tree that has seed-bearing fruit; it will be yours for food. And to all the beasts of the earth and to all the fowl of the heavens, and to everything that moves upon the earth, in which there ...[text shortened]... ry green herb to eat,” and it was so.

God is clearly prescribing Adam and Eve a vegetarian diet.
Yes I had forgotten that scripture, you are correct it does mention humans eating vegetation. Although there is no specific instruction to not eat meat, I do concede that if it is not mentioned here then it is demonstrably evident that meat was not eaten.

There was no death before the fall and so there could not have been eating of meat unless it was created as in the miracles by Jesus.

I concede that there is instruction on what to eat but I don’t concede that God is against eating meat.

Nevertheless, well spotted.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
18 Sep 20

@indonesia-phil said
Could be one reason why I'm not religious, too many things to remember not to do...
I don’t think about any of it; I’m not very religious at all.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
18 Sep 20

@rajk999 said
Prior to the fall of man God told Adam:

And the LORD God commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat: (Genesis 2:16 KJV)

EAT of every tree. There was only one exception. Also animals were also required to eat of trees and plants. There was in fact food to eat.

[
Meat eating animals such as carnivorous dinosaurs for example, came after the fall?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
18 Sep 20

@ghost-of-a-duke said
In the very same post, you find symbolism where it is convenient and deny it where it is obvious.

Comedy gold.
I haven’t done that; at least not intentionally.

IP

Moves
18 Sep 20

@rajk999 said
You dont get to choose what is a sin and what is not, in the eyes of God. God said it was good for the Jews. Who are you to say otherwise. What is extraordinary is that are a few people who dont care about your ridiculous take on sin and who keep the laws of God. The losers in the end will be those like you that have gone astray by keeping the laws of man.

I know what ...[text shortened]... y God. It is an abomination. Your opinion on this matter means nothing to those who are God fearing.
Who am I? Not a wise person, but I'm wiser than your nasty, vindictive little god, which I admit isn't saying very much. And how do you know I keep the laws of men, for all you know I might be a robber, which according to your logic makes me a winner.
Fear of a god should have a word, don't you think? How about 'godophobia', you live your life in fear of a non - existent god, what a waste of time.
So, homosexuality is according to your imaginary god and thus according to you an abomination. I'll let that one speak for itself.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
18 Sep 20

@indonesia-phil said
Who am I? Not a wise person, but I'm wiser than your nasty, vindictive little god, which I admit isn't saying very much. And how do you know I keep the laws of men, for all you know I might be a robber, which according to your logic makes me a winner.
Fear of a god should have a word, don't you think? How about 'godophobia', you live your life in fear of a non - exis ...[text shortened]... to your imaginary god and thus according to you an abomination. I'll let that one speak for itself.
There is no God. You have nothing to worry about.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
18 Sep 20
1 edit

@rajk999 said
There is no God. You have nothing to worry about.
Phil doesn’t believe there are any gods; in believing this what should he be scared of from your perspective?