Meat Eating

Meat Eating

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
13 Sep 20

@divegeester said
There’s nothing bizarre about it.

I’ve just offered you an example of how meat can be produced and eaten without there doing death involved.

Therefore your assertion that meat will not be eaten in heaven based on reasoning that there will be no death, doesn’t hold.
The only thing you've offered is unsound and unbiblical reasoning.

You've "offered" a profoundly out of context assertion that because Jesus miraculously reproduced two little fish, that were obviously dead, that the diet in heaven will include dead flesh.

Provide scriptural evidence that animals will be killed for food in heaven, or that God will create dead meat to eat.

You can't. Therefore your argument fails.

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
13 Sep 20

@bigdoggproblem said
Mmmm, dead flesh. ๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿ˜‹
Broiled till it falls off the bone.

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
13 Sep 20

@rajk999 said
Do they teach you American dunces to read across there? Read the very next passage where God sent Nathan the prophet, to speak to David. What did Nathan say? Here is what God told Nathan to say
- God had given David everything, wealth, wives, he lacked nothing
- David saw a mans wife and liked her
- David had sex with the mans wife
- David found out who the husband was ...[text shortened]... at David having many wives.[/b]

Shut up and go to the back of the class. You are the class dunce.
Yes your holiness. ๐Ÿ˜”

Fighting for menโ€™s

right to have babies

Moves
13 Sep 20

@secondson said
The only thing you've offered is unsound and unbiblical reasoning.

You've "offered" a profoundly out of context assertion that because Jesus miraculously reproduced two little fish, that were obviously dead, that the diet in heaven will include dead flesh.

Provide scriptural evidence that animals will be killed for food in heaven, or that God will create dead meat to eat.

You can't. Therefore your argument fails.
No I haven’t offered that at all.

I am simply demonstrating that in God’s universe it is possible for meat to be provided without death.

Therefore one can not assert that there will be no eating of meant because there is no death. I am not saying anything other than making this refutation of your claim.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
13 Sep 20

@secondson said
In the eternal state there will be no death. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand that that means nothing will die there.
And it is truly bizarre to imagine, and assert, that God will create dead meat to eat to offset the concept of NO DEATH.

I simply can't imagine dead flesh on the menu in heaven.
Nothing need die.

God has given some creatures the ability to regrow lost
limbs. Perhaps he will bestow this neat trick on pigs in
heaven so that everyone can enjoy a bacon sandwich.

S. Korea

Moves
14 Sep 20

@divegeester said
Thank you for your objectivity.

Referring to your second post in this thread then, would you agree that your church’s “official position” is also not bibilically supported?
Haha, no.

Every position of my Church is Biblically supported.

S. Korea

Moves
14 Sep 20

@divegeester said
God’s original intent is what is being played out anyway. There is ample scriptural evidence for his sovereignty and predestination of all things. But I would concur that pre fall creation did not include death of any sort.

There is ample scriptural evidence that Christians should eat meat, irrespective of pre fall characteristics. However there is also ample contextual evidence that Christians should follow their conscience in the matter of food.
What is the Biblical evidence that meat should be eaten, like it is some kind of moral imperative...?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
14 Sep 20
1 edit

@secondson said
Yes your holiness. ๐Ÿ˜”
God gave David Saul's wives ...WIVES. Plural.

And Nathan said to David, Thou art the man. Thus saith the LORD God of Israel, I anointed thee king over Israel, and I delivered thee out of the hand of Saul; And I gave thee thy master's house, and thy master's wives into thy bosom, and gave thee the house of Israel and of Judah; and if that had been too little, I would moreover have given unto thee such and such things.
(2 Samuel 12:7-8 KJV)

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
14 Sep 20
1 edit

@philokalia said
What is the Biblical evidence that meat should be eaten, like it is some kind of moral imperative...?
The commandment to eat meat was for the Jews only. I doubt there were vegetarian Jews in the time of Moses. The closest example of eating meat or not, was the story of Daniel. However Gentiles in the days of Christ were all meat eaters. Vegetarianism is a very recent development and I doubt it is more than a couple hundred years old.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
14 Sep 20

@rajk999 said
The commandment to eat meat was for the Jews only. I doubt there were vegetarian Jews in the time of Moses. The closest example of eating meat or not, was the story of Daniel. However Gentiles in the days of Christ were all meat eaters. Vegetarianism is a very recent development and I doubt it is more than a couple hundred years old.
Vegetarianism goes back much further than that. (If we move away from Western religions to ancient India for example, and in particular to the Hindus or Jainists).

Although the term 'vegetarian' is relatively new, the concept and practice of abstaining from meat is as old as the hills.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
14 Sep 20

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Vegetarianism goes back much further than that. (If we move away from Western religions to ancient India for example, and in particular to the Hindus or Jainists).

Although the term 'vegetarian' is relatively new, the concept and practice of abstaining from meat is as old as the hills.
Point taken.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
15 Sep 20

@rajk999 said
Vegetarianism is a very recent development and I doubt it is more than a couple hundred years old.
Doubt all you want. But you are 2,500 years off.

The earliest record of vegetarianism comes from the 7th century BCE, inculcating tolerance towards all living beings.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vegetarianism

Fighting for menโ€™s

right to have babies

Moves
15 Sep 20
1 edit

@philokalia said
Every position of my Church is Biblically supported.
In your previous post, you just said it wasn’t. So make your mind up.

Edit: see my post two below this one.

Fighting for menโ€™s

right to have babies

Moves
15 Sep 20
2 edits

@philokalia said
If you had spent more time studying the bible instead of musing over writings of St. Dumbass of Doncaster who sat in a tree for a year contemplating his toes, you might actually know something about it.

Acts 10 : 9-16
9About noon the following day as they were on their journey and approaching the city, Peter went up on the roof to pray.
10He became hungry and wanted something to eat, and while the meal was being prepared, he fell into a trance.
11He saw heaven opened and something like a large sheet being let down to earth by its four corners.
12It contained all kinds of four-footed animals, as well as reptiles and birds.
13Then a voice told him, “Get up, Peter. Kill and eat.”
14“Surely not, Lord!” Peter replied. “I have never eaten anything impure or unclean.”
15The voice spoke to him a second time, “Do not call anything impure that God has made clean.”
16This happened three times, and immediately the sheet was taken back to heaven.

No it isn’t a “moral imperative”

Fighting for menโ€™s

right to have babies

Moves
15 Sep 20

@philokalia said
No, I don't think that my position is clearly biblically supported.
Here you go Philokalia; you have forgotten what you wrote a few pages back.