1. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Aug '17 10:45
    Originally posted by @fmf
    Talking of which, I'm sorry chaney3 if you end up making a fool of yourself pretty much every time you engage me. 😛
    No fool here.

You are actually the fool for posting to KellyJay, knowing you will be ignored.

Why??

Because of your arrogance and pride.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 Aug '17 10:51
    Originally posted by @chaney3
    You are actually the fool for posting to KellyJay, knowing you will be ignored..
    It's a forum for sharing ideas. Mine, yours, his, whoever's. His inability to respond is part of the discourse and a contribution that is 100% under his control. Do you have anything further to contribute on this topic? What is the moral lesson ~ from 'god gives life and god takes away life' ~ that humans can apply to the way we organize ourselves and make sense of the world?
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    04 Aug '17 10:54
    Originally posted by @kellyjay
    God gives and takes away.
    So people get caught up in a landslide, say, and 30 people get trapped and 15 die, so your god wanted those 15 to die. Nice god you got there....
  4. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    04 Aug '17 10:55
    Originally posted by @sonhouse
    So people get caught up in a landslide, say, and 30 people get trapped and 15 die, so your god wanted those 15 to die. Nice god you got there....
    ...loving and caring.
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    04 Aug '17 10:58
    Originally posted by @chaney3
    Stop being arrogant.

Fix this FMF.
    Arrogant? Are you kidding? FMF happens to be very intelligent, even if I don't agree with him sometimes, he still has a sharp mind and you just PERCEIVE that as arrogance.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 Aug '17 11:01
    Arrogant? Are you kidding? FMF happens to be very intelligent, even if I don't agree with him sometimes, he still has a sharp mind and you just PERCEIVE that as arrogance.
    chaney3 is not the only one who has a massive chip on his shoulder here. Suzianne is another one. And josephw too. The flak these sorts of posters fill the air with is just harmless noise.
  7. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    04 Aug '17 11:11
    God gives and takes away.
    Thanks for that - it's all clear now.
  8. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    04 Aug '17 12:52
    People are born, they die it is part of the process, some get rich other poor, some get
    wet others dry. Nothing new here under the sun, none of us are promised tomorrow.
  9. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    04 Aug '17 12:52
    Originally posted by @fabianfnas
    ...loving and caring.
    Yes
  10. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    04 Aug '17 13:45
    ...loving and caring, killing, bloodthirsty, psychopathic...
  11. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    04 Aug '17 14:33
    Originally posted by @fabianfnas
    ...loving and caring, killing, bloodthirsty, psychopathic...
    If that were true, would you have anything to be thankful for in your life? The only thing you
    are showing is unthankful you are for the good things. All of the bad ones were brought here
    by our sinfulness, our selfishness, the hate in our hearts.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 Aug '17 14:45
    The only thing you are showing is unthankful you are for the good things.
    What makes you think that FabianFnas isn't thankful for the good things in his life?
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 Aug '17 14:49
    All of the bad ones [i.e. things in your life] were brought here by our sinfulness, our selfishness, the hate in our hearts.
    "All of the bad ones"? All? How were "calamities and disasters", for example ~ horrible disasters, ghastly diseases, hideous birth defects ~ "brought here by our sinfulness, our selfishness, the hate in our hearts"?
  14. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    04 Aug '17 20:071 edit
    People are born, they die it is part of the process, some get rich other poor, some get
    wet others dry. Nothing new here under the sun, none of us are promised tomorrow.
    So your god watches people die, does nothing but the ones who live are supposed to be thankful to that god that spared them but not the ones who died?

It's more like God doesn't give a crap who lives and who dies. That is pretty clear if indeed there even IS a god. Take the Jews who vanquished in Hitler's prisons, they were probably to the last man and woman, god fearing obedient Jews but died by the millions. Did your god lift a rhetorical finger to help all those worshipers. Clearly no.

Or the three Armenian genocides, where was your god who should have been protecting those millions of Armenian Christians when they were slaughtered by the Turks in three separate episodes?

Doesn't look like your god gives a crap who lives and who dies and who does the killing.
  15. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    04 Aug '17 21:211 edit
    So your god watches people die, does nothing but the ones who live are supposed to be thankful to that god that spared them but not the ones who died?

It's more like God doesn't give a crap who lives and who dies. That is pretty clear if indeed there even IS a god. Take the Jews who vanquished in Hitler's prisons, they were probably to the last man and ...[text shortened]... des?

Doesn't look like your god gives a crap who lives and who dies and who does the killing.
    You can believe if you will that when people die, they disperse into nothing, that's it.
    If true, when one lives or dies they are all going to die at some point and end up the same
    way regardless if they were thought of as good or evil here it makes no difference.

I am thankful for my time here, and those lives around me now, and those that have
    gone on. I believe there is more to this life than living and dying. For someone who does
    not believe in God, you spend a lot of time telling me and others here what God cares
    about.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree