1. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    04 Aug '17 23:14
    Originally posted by @kellyjay
    If that were true, would you have anything to be thankful for in your life? The only thing you
    are showing is unthankful you are for the good things. All of the bad ones were brought here
    by our sinfulness, our selfishness, the hate in our hearts.
    It's one thing to say people die all the time it's another to say it's all the christian gods will as well.
    So when you say god gives and takes away, we humans rightly ask, how so? Where's the logic? Whereas some other humans just say "Its gods will, leave him alone, dont ask him about this type of stuff"
  2. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    04 Aug '17 23:26
    Originally posted by @apathist
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIBNpo8-7aY

I've always wondered why if we survive a horrible event then it was due to god. So who was responsible for all the non-survivors?
    I have always wondered the same thing. My kid survival vd the wreck so God eas looking out for my child, but wjat anoit the other kid who died?
  3. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    04 Aug '17 23:59
    Originally posted by @eladar
    I have always wondered the same thing. My kid survival vd the wreck so God eas looking out for my child, but wjat anoit the other kid who died?
    You know, there is this thing called a backspace key...
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Aug '17 00:53
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    You know, there is this thing called a backspace key...
    Lol, lol.

It would be a 'miracle' if eladar posted a mistake free message.

Clean it up eladar. 🙂
  5. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    05 Aug '17 01:04
    Originally posted by @karoly-aczel
    It's one thing to say people die all the time it's another to say it's all the christian gods will as well.
    So when you say god gives and takes away, we humans rightly ask, how so? Where's the logic? Whereas some other humans just say "Its gods will, leave him alone, dont ask him about this type of stuff"
    People say things all the times, they are mean about it and desire to be, they can be mean
    and not want to be. There are not Christian gods, there is God.

God gives and takes away, it is a fact of life. People have been living and dying for how
    long now and this is news? Everything we have God gives from the air we breath to the
    sun shine, and on and on. He blesses with things and they can go away too. Nothing
    about how we are doing has anything to do with how God feels about us. So to look at
    something like a car wreak where some live and some die God didn't pick favorites it is
    just some live and some die. We all have an appointed time, nothing we can say or do
    will change that for ourselves or those around us.

The logic in this in my opinion is that one of the greatest things any of us can have is
    Godliness and contentment in life regardless of what is going on, if we have plenty or not
    much, if we are going through good times, or bad. Otherwise the winds of change can
    overwhelm us and do us great harm, if we think God only likes us while things are going
    our way, what happens the day they do not?

Nothing that happens to us is not common to man, people throughout time have had
    both good and bad occur, and everyone dies, some young, some old, but it will occur.
    Will that destroy you if it happens to someone close?
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    05 Aug '17 01:16
    Originally posted by @kellyjay to sonhouse
    For someone who does not believe in God, you spend a lot of time telling me and others here what God cares about.
    sonhouse is "someone who does not believe in God" so for you to claim he is "telling [you] and others here what God cares about" you are not being honest with him or anyone reading. He is, of course, "spending a lot of time telling [you] and others here" what he makes of your ideology and the prism through which you see the world.
  7. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    05 Aug '17 01:44
    Originally posted by @fmf
    The drawback of videos like this is that it's a couple of erudite people with organized thoughts beating up on a rather dull, inarticulate guy with half-baked thoughts. Why don't these atheists tackle calls from their intellectual counterparts among theists? It would make for better entertainment.
    I agree, but they are non-profit overwhelmed by opposition. They take all callers.
  8. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    05 Aug '17 07:55
    People say things all the times, they are mean about it and desire to be, they can be mean
    and not want to be. There are not Christian gods, there is God.

God gives and takes away, it is a fact of life. People have been living and dying for how
    long now and this is news? Everything we have God gives from the air we breath to the
    sun shine, and on and ...[text shortened]... some young, some old, but it will occur.
    Will that destroy you if it happens to someone close?
    I dont believe that we are powerless within whatever gods plan.
    An act of co-creation is realizing that you have a say in the divine journey.

I dunno, fact of life? In hindu scripture it is a fact of life that we are interlinked with 'prana' and without that we would die instanteauneusly . So it goes beyond the air we breath and what not.
    But the way you Christians speak of God is too anthropomorphized for me,
  9. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    05 Aug '17 09:00
    I dont believe that we are powerless within whatever gods plan.
    An act of co-creation is realizing that you have a say in the divine journey.

I dunno, fact of life? In hindu scripture it is a fact of life that we are interlinked with 'prana' and without that we would die instanteauneusly . So it goes beyond the air we breath and what not.
    But the way you Christians speak of God is too anthropomorphized for me,
    I don't think God wants us powerless, but does want to the truth from us. Not sure what
    you suggesting, you think God is to human for your liking? He is far from that to my
    understanding.
  10. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    05 Aug '17 21:31
    I don't think God wants us powerless, but does want to the truth from us. Not sure what
    you suggesting, you think God is to human for your liking? He is far from that to my
    understanding.
    If God needs to perform miracles then it's a bad sign. It means people dont have faith and need feats of levitation or some such to get the masses to do the right thing.
  11. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    05 Aug '17 21:372 edits
    If God needs to perform miracles then it's a bad sign. It means people dont have faith and need feats of levitation or some such to get the masses to do the right thing.
    If you were driving down the road speeding and saw a police car would you slow down?
    Having a people who will walk the walk due to faith means they would drive properly even
    without a police officer in sight. Why God setup the universe this way I believe is to allow
    us to do what we will, if it is to turn to God or not, to care about your fellow man or not. It is
    all faith based. Jesus even spoke to Thomas about beliefs without seeing a miracles.
  12. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    05 Aug '17 21:40
    If you were driving down the road speeding and saw a police car would you slow down?
    Having a people who will walk the walk due to faith means they would drive properly even
    without a police officer in sight. Why God setup the universe this way I believe is to allow
    us to do what we will, if it is to turn to God or not, to care about your fellow man or not. It is
    all faith based. Jesus even spoke to Thomas about beliefs without seeing a miracles.
    I would slow down, except in certain circumstances.

Jesus despite saying one thing is said to have performed many miracles himself no?
  13. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    05 Aug '17 22:03
    I would slow down, except in certain circumstances.

Jesus despite saying one thing is said to have performed many miracles himself no?
    Yes He did, and before He got here as one of us there were many predictions foretelling
    us about his coming as well. I believe a level of God showing us Himself in human form
    helps us to grasp Him in terms we can understand. Without that a new name for God
    be created each time He did something new to us.
  14. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    06 Aug '17 07:18
    ... There are not Christian gods, there is God....
    You know this because why now?
  15. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    06 Aug '17 12:56
    Originally posted by @apathist
    You know this because why now?
    Scripture and He saved my soul.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree