1. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    13 Sep '17 22:28
    Originally posted by @dj2becker
    If the monogamous institution is a social construct that we have created that is not innate to our true selves, what is wrong with polygamy?
    Nothing is wrong with polygamy on an individual basis but simple
    arithmetic is why it does not work for a modern society as a whole.

Imagine a set of tribal societies where fighting routinely killed off
    10% of the tribe's young men. Wouldn't polygamy become the norm?
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    13 Sep '17 23:003 edits
    Originally posted by @wolfgang59

Same thing could be said for a bunch of lesbians.

Where are guys going to find mates?

That is a nonsensical answer.

The reason gays are elevated above polygamists is because they are all left wing. Most don't have offspring to burden them financially and most are career driven. This means that they typically have more money to throw at those in government for special perks.

Conversely, polygamists tend to be conservative and all their money is burned up raising a family. Therefore, no one cares or ever will care about their rights.

Screw'em! 😠

Besides, the name of the game is population reduction if you are left wing. Polygamists simply have too many offspring to be supported by a radical left wing government that the US currently has.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Sep '17 23:07
    Originally posted by @whodey
    Conversely, polygamists tend to be conservative and all their money is burned up raising a family. Therefore, no one cares or ever will care about their rights.
    Do you support polygamists having the same legal standing as same sex and heterosexual couples?
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    13 Sep '17 23:272 edits
    Originally posted by @fmf
    Do you support polygamists having the same legal standing as same sex and heterosexual couples?
    I don't support a secular state being in the marriage business at all. But as long as they remain in the business, they should not disallow anyone.

You either treat everyone with due process to get the hell out.

But as I said, they have too many children, are too poor, and are of the wrong political flavor for anyone to care.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Sep '17 23:55
    I don't support a secular state being in the marriage business at all.
    So you would favour the government not recognizing any marriages at all and not enforcing any laws pertaining to married couples or the protection of individuals in the wake of divorce? Would that be fair to say?
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Sep '17 23:581 edit
    But as long as [the government] remain in the business, they should not disallow anyone.
    So, as things currently stand, you support government recognition of same sex marriages and polygamist marriages and the affording of the same rights and responsibilities to those people as are afforded to people in heterosexual marriages?
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    14 Sep '17 00:00
    [Polygamists] have too many children, are too poor, and are of the wrong political flavor for anyone to care.
    Just to be clear, in the political and sociological reality in which you currently live, do you support polygamists having the same legal standing as heterosexual couples?
  8. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    14 Sep '17 00:361 edit
    Originally posted by @wolfgang59

What happens to a society when the top 25 percent of male earners have at least 4 wives on average?

You get large numbers of guys who have no chance of getting a mate. What do these mateless guys do? Form rape gangs and getting sex by attacking easy targets.
  9. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    14 Sep '17 00:38
    Originally posted by @dj2becker
    Most non religious people believe it is, so I'm trying to understand it from their perspective.
    Most non religious people believe what is?
  10. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    14 Sep '17 01:051 edit
    Originally posted by @rbhill
    Most in this category are really ugly women. And would you really want to have a lot of chickens bickering at you all day long.
    It's funny that someone had just disliked my post either they really like ugly women or they would want a bunch of women bickering at them.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    14 Sep '17 01:19
    Originally posted by @rbhill
    It's funny that someone had just disliked my post either they really like ugly women or they would want a bunch of women bickering at them.
    This is a false dichotomy. There are other reasons why someone might thumb-down that post of yours.
  12. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    14 Sep '17 03:29
    Originally posted by @josephw
    Most non religious people believe what is?
    Most non religious people believe the monogamous institution is a social construct that we have created. They obviously won't say it was instituted by God because they aren't religious.
  13. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    14 Sep '17 14:491 edit
    Originally posted by @fmf
    This is a false dichotomy. There are other reasons why someone might thumb-down that post of yours.
    But there are rules you can't just thumb thing down for no reason that just makes no educated since.
  14. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    14 Sep '17 20:08

That is a nonsensical answer.

I know that is your field of excellence
    but try re-reading my post when sober.
  15. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    14 Sep '17 20:09
    Originally posted by @eladar
    What happens to a society when the top 25 percent of male earners have at least 4 wives on average?

Why are you asking me???

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree