More Right than God?

More Right than God?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
29 Jan 22

@pb1022 said
A while back you wanted me to provide an example of your pool whizzing when you’re losing an argument and here it is.
Yesterday, on the General Forum, you "sincerely" and "honestly" and "seriously" believed that I am "mentally ill", and undertook to stop interacting with me. Do you not remember?

F

Moves
29 Jan 22

@pb1022 said
Obviously, Jesus Christ’s Apostles wanted to create a new religion, but based upon what they heard and saw.
I am familiar with this belief. Thank you for sharing.

To get back to the OP, if sonship's question is genuine, I am willing to imagine a God figure for him, that, in my estimation, would be more right than his.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
29 Jan 22
1 edit

@fmf said
I haven't "lost" an argument. You and I have merely swapped our different perspectives. There is no "argument" about it. I don't think Jesus was a supernatural being and you do.
<<I haven't "lost" an argument.>>

You most certainly have because you can’t provide any evidence for this assertion of yours:

<<because we only have what amounts to a hagiography [rather than historical material] and that was written decades after his death by people whose intent was to create a new religion [based on a cult of personality] that was breaking away from Judaism.>>

<<You and I have merely swapped our different perspectives. There is no "argument" about it. I don't think Jesus was a supernatural being and you do.>>

And you have no evidence to support your position, which is why you started pool whizzing.

F

Moves
29 Jan 22

@pb1022 said
<<I haven't "lost" an argument.>>

You most certainly have because you can’t provide any evidence for this assertion of yours:

<<because we only have what amounts to a hagiography [rather than historical material] and that was written decades after his death by people whose intent was to create a new religion [based on a cult of personality] that was breaking away from Ju ...[text shortened]... do.>>

And you have no evidence to support your position, which is why you started pool whizzing.
But you said that I am "mentally ill".

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
29 Jan 22

@fmf said
Yesterday, on the General Forum, you "sincerely" and "honestly" and "seriously" believed that I am "mentally ill", and undertook to stop interacting with me. Do you not remember?
Not interested in your pool whizzing.

You’re embarrassed you lost another argument (and so quickly!) and are now resorting to off-topic nonsense.

Why don’t you bring up 2018 while you’re at it?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
29 Jan 22

@fmf said
But you said that I am "mentally ill".

You’re embarrassed you lost another argument (and so quickly!) and are now resorting to off-topic nonsense.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
29 Jan 22

@fmf said
I am familiar with this belief. Thank you for sharing.

To get back to the OP, if sonship's question is genuine, I am willing to imagine a God figure for him, that, in my estimation, would be more right than his.
That’s not the question he asked.

rain

Moves
29 Jan 22
2 edits

@pb1022 said
You guys always run to the Old Testament when you want to trash God and you have no idea how wicked and evil mankind was back then.
Those weren't threats for being "evil", they were threats for merely disobeying. That's obvious since God allowed them to enslave non-Jews.

But since you want the New Testament, fine: Jesus himself said homosexuals will "not inherit the kingdom of God", meaning that gays will burn for eternity in hell.

Yes, I'm more righteous than God.

F

Moves
29 Jan 22
1 edit

@pb1022 said
Thread 192007

Top of page 63

F

Moves
29 Jan 22
1 edit

@pb1022 said
I can just bring up the day before yesterday:

Romans1009/PB1022: "I’m beginning to think you’re mentally ill, and I’m not going to waste my time conversing with you. I don’t say I think you’re mentally ill as an insult; I say it as a serious assessment. I honestly think you need help and I think arguing with you is enabling and even exacerbating whatever mental illness you have. Take care and I sincerely hope you get some help." ~ 28th January 2022

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
29 Jan 22

@vivify said
Those weren't threats for being "evil", they were threats for merely disobeying. That's obvious since God allowed them to enslave non-Jews.

But since you want the New Testament, fine: Jesus himself said homosexuals will "not inherit the kingdom of God", meaning that gays will burn for eternity in hell.

Yes, I'm more righteous than God.
<<Those weren't threats for being "evil", they were threats for merely disobeying.>>

Disobeying by committing acts of evil. That’s a distinction without a difference.

<<That's obvious since God allowed them to enslave non-Jews.>>

How does that relate to your previous sentence?

<<But since you want the New Testament, fine: Jesus himself said homosexuals will "not inherit the kingdom of God", meaning that gays will burn for eternity in hell.>>

Cite the verse where Jesus Christ said this.

<<Yes, I'm more righteous than God.>>

That’s hilarious 😂

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
29 Jan 22

@fmf said
I can just bring up the day before yesterday:

Romans1009/PB1022: "I’m beginning to think you’re mentally ill, and I’m not going to waste my time conversing with you. I don’t say I think you’re mentally ill as an insult; I say it as a serious assessment. I honestly think you need help and I think arguing with you is enabling and even exacerbating whatever mental illness you have. Take care and I sincerely hope you get some help." ~ 28th January 2022
Let me know when you can provide evidence for this assertion of yours:

<<because we only have what amounts to a hagiography [rather than historical material] and that was written decades after his death by people whose intent was to create a new religion [based on a cult of personality] that was breaking away from Judaism.>>

that goes beyond

<<It’s my deduction based on a lifetime of reading and talking to people,>>

If you can’t that’s fine.

A lot of people have beliefs with nothing to evidence to back them up.

Christians aren’t in that category. Atheists are.

F

Moves
29 Jan 22

@pb1022 said
Let me know when you can provide evidence for this assertion of yours:

that goes beyond

<<It’s my deduction based ...[text shortened]... liefs with nothing to evidence to back them up.

Christians aren’t in that category. Atheists are.
Stop "enabling and exacerbating" ~ as you put it ~ "whatever mental illness" you claim I have.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
29 Jan 22

@fmf said
Stop "enabling and exacerbating" ~ as you put it ~ "whatever mental illness" you claim I have.
Why do you resort to off-topic nonsense whenever you lose an argument?

Why not just no longer post in the thread (or ignore the post that busted you) the way your pals do?

F

Moves
29 Jan 22

@pb1022 said
Why do you resort to off-topic nonsense whenever you lose an argument?
Two days ago you said: "I honestly think you need help and I think arguing with you is enabling and even exacerbating whatever mental illness you have."

Have you changed your mind?