1. Standard memberRingtailhunter
    Track drifter ®
    Hoopnholler, MN
    Moves
    26 Apr '05 22:17
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    The Israelites acted no better than other ancient conquerors; in fact, they were among the most savage.
    You have evidence of this? First person writing by someone with a birth certificate stamped by a notary public perhaps who is a real verifiable person?

RTh
  2. Standard memberNyxie
    The eyes of truth
    elsewhere
    Moves
    26 Apr '05 23:00
    Originally posted by Ringtailhunter
    You have evidence of this? First person writing by someone with a birth certificate stamped by a notary public perhaps who is a real verifiable person?

RTh
    Well we have the bible that details many of the exploits discussed here. The authenticity of the Bible is always in question here though.
  3. Standard memberRingtailhunter
    Track drifter ®
    Hoopnholler, MN
    Moves
    26 Apr '05 23:09
    Originally posted by Nyxie
    Well we have the bible that details many of the exploits discussed here. The authenticity of the Bible is always in question here though.
    You are right about the bible in my opinion, as I am sure what No1 claims probably happened, but the bible does not say that it did. The bible is probably full of enough falicies without adding to them.

RTh
  4. Standard memberNyxie
    The eyes of truth
    elsewhere
    Moves
    26 Apr '05 23:23
    Deuteronomy 21:10-14 "When thou goest forth to war against thine enemies, and the Lord thy God hath delivered them into thine hands, and thou hast taken them captive, And seest among the captives a beautiful woman, and hast a desire unto her, that thou wouldest have her to thy wife; Then thou shalt bring her home to thine house; and she shall shave her head, and pare her nails; And she shall put the raiment of her captivity from off her, and shall remain in thine house, and bewail her father and her mother a full month: and after that thou shalt go in unto her, and be her husband, and she shall be thy wife. And it shall be, if thou have no delight in her, then thou shalt let her go whither she will; but thou shalt not sell her at all for money, thou shalt not make merchandise of her, because thou hast humbled her."

I think this is the whole quote, and it shows that sex is expected of the female slave. I think forced marraige is a polite way of refferring to sexual slavery. I also find offensive that the capturing parties could deprive the female slave of her virginity and then just throw her out if she was'nt good in bed.

Nyxie
  5. Standard memberNyxie
    The eyes of truth
    elsewhere
    Moves
    26 Apr '05 23:30
    http://www.fridaystudy.org/bible/07_019.htm

You might find this story from Judges 19 verses 1-30 interesting.
  6. Standard memberRingtailhunter
    Track drifter ®
    Hoopnholler, MN
    Moves
    26 Apr '05 23:35
    Originally posted by Nyxie
    Deuteronomy 21:10-14 "When thou goest forth to war against thine enemies, and the Lord thy God hath delivered them into thine hands, and thou hast taken them captive, And seest among the captives a beautiful woman, and hast a desire unto her, that thou wouldest have her to thy wife; Then thou shalt bring her home to thine house; and she shall shave her head, ...[text shortened]... e female slave of her virginity and then just throw her out if she was'nt good in bed.

Nyxie
    I was looking all day for that exact scripture. Anyway, women back then were considered property and commodities by just about all cultures (not all cultures, just those in discussion).

The act of taking small girls is not something that is left in the far distant past. It still happens.

RTh
  7. Standard memberNyxie
    The eyes of truth
    elsewhere
    Moves
    26 Apr '05 23:40
    I was looking all day for that exact scripture. Anyway, women back then were considered property and commodities by just about all cultures (not all cultures, just those in discussion).

The act of taking small girls is not something that is left in the far distant past. It still happens.

RTh
    So while No1Marauder's statements were said with a sensationalist viewpoint, you do agree now that they are true?

On a different note, you cannot excuse one wrong because another has been commited. This is a circular path. I'll give you an example. The bible lists the ten commandments as being equal. If you were to steal a goat from me and I were to kill you, would either of us have sinned more?

Nyxie
  8. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    26 Apr '05 23:401 edit

RTh
    I have their own Bible which admits to putting whole cities to the sword; I have their own Bible which brags about conquering other nations and slaughtering all the civilians but the virgin girls and I have their own Bible which says they were conquered by powerful neighbors several times - by the Babylonians, the Assyrians, the Persians and the Romans and such treatment was not meted out to them.I am a student of warfare, including ancient warfare, and these facts and others lead me to conclude that the Israelite method of war was among the most savage in the ancient world. I defy anyone to show me another "civilization" which conducted their campaigns in a more brutal manner.
  9. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    26 Apr '05 23:452 edits
    I have their own Bible which admits to putting whole cities to the sword; I have their own Bible which brags about conquering other nations and slaughtering all the civilians but the virgin girls and I have their own Bible which ...[text shortened]... ization" which conducted their campaigns in a more brutal manner.
    No1: "I am a student of warfare ......

Now I understand.

No1: " ...... that the Israelite method of war was among the most savage in the ancient world."

Prove it !
  10. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    26 Apr '05 23:49
    Originally posted by ivanhoe
    No1: "I am a student of warfare ......

Now I understand.

No1: " ...... that the Israelite method of war was among the most savage in the ancient world."

Prove it !
    Read my post, numbnuts: did the Babylonians, the Assyrians, the Persians or the Romans do to the Israelites what the Israelites did to the Midianites?
  11. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    26 Apr '05 23:51
    Read my post, numbnuts: did the Babylonians, the Assyrians, the Persians or the Romans do to the Israelites what the Israelites did to the Midianites?

Prove your claim !
  12. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    26 Apr '05 23:56
    Originally posted by ivanhoe

Prove your claim !
    Numbers 31: 1-19 - How the Israelites acted in war; they exterminated the entire population of their enemies except the virgin girls.

The Israelites weren't exterminated by the Babylonians, the Assyrians, the Persians or the Romans.

Claim proven.
  13. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    26 Apr '05 23:57
    Prove it again!
  14. Standard memberRingtailhunter
    Track drifter ®
    Hoopnholler, MN
    Moves
    26 Apr '05 23:58
    I have their own Bible which admits to putting whole cities to the sword; I have their own Bible which brags about conquering other nations and slaughtering all the civilians but the virgin girls and I have their own Bible which says they were conquered by powerful neighbors several times - by the Babylonians, the Assyrians, the Persians and the ...[text shortened]... one to show me another "civilization" which conducted their campaigns in a more brutal manner.
    Hmmmm, I will of course have to confer with stang about this.
  15. Standard memberRingtailhunter
    Track drifter ®
    Hoopnholler, MN
    Moves
    27 Apr '05 00:001 edit
    Numbers 31: 1-19 - How the Israelites acted in war; they exterminated the entire population of their enemies except the virgin girls.

The Israelites weren't exterminated by the Babylonians, the Assyrians, the Persians or the Romans.

Claim proven.
    The germans killed every Jew they could fit in the shower or go under a needle.

[edit] Man, Woman and child.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree