most christians do not read the bible

most christians do not read the bible

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rc

Moves
08 Apr 17
1 edit

Originally posted by Suzianne
And you are a prime example of how the literalists are a plague on society. That fact (yes, fact) can easily be derived from what the Bible does say, but you are so set in your monolithic, concrete ideas that your development is held back.

Stop making the Bible into your God.

We can derive a whole boatload of meaning based on what the Bible does say ...[text shortened]... to understand God more fully. It wasn't meant to become our God, like you and others have done.
This is just wishy washy weak and luke warm watered down Christianity that seeks to impose its own exegesis onto scripture where none actually exists in the text. You have formed yourselves into your own gods.

F

Moves
08 Apr 17

And you are a prime example of how the literalists are a plague on society. That fact (yes, fact) can easily be derived from what the Bible does say, but you are so set in your monolithic, concrete ideas that your development is held back.

Stop making the Bible into your God.

We can derive a whole boatload of meaning based on what the Bible does say ...[text shortened]... to understand God more fully. It wasn't meant to become our God, like you and others have done.
So you believe you can add anything you find "freakin' obvious" to whatever the Bible does and doesn’t actually say based on the observation that the U.S.A. exists even though the Bible doesn't mention it?

rc

Moves
08 Apr 17
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
Do you believe you are "forgiven" and "saved" by Jesus?
What's your concept of 'saved' FMF?

F

Moves
08 Apr 17

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
What's your concept of 'saved' FMF?
When, for example, someone who cannot swim falls into a river and someone who can jumps in and gets them out of the water before they drown.

rc

Moves
08 Apr 17

Originally posted by FMF
When, for example, someone who cannot swim falls into a river and someone who can jumps in and gets them out of the water before they drown.
So taking your illustration forward we can say your concept of 'saved' as far as Christianity is concerned is saved from death?

F

Moves
08 Apr 17

So taking your illustration forward we can say your concept of 'saved' as far as Christianity is concerned is saved from death?
Most Christians appear to believe "saved" means to experience or qualify for some kind of deliverance to a life after death.

rc

Moves
08 Apr 17

Originally posted by FMF
Most Christians appear to believe "saved" means to experience or qualify for some kind of deliverance to a life after death.
and yet Jesus said to his followers that some of them would 'not taste death at all'. - Matthew 16:28.

E

Moves
08 Apr 17

Originally posted by josephw
It's in the Bible.
So you are saying it was the original letter?

F

Moves
08 Apr 17

and yet Jesus said to his followers that some of them would 'not taste death at all'. - Matthew 16:28.
You should take it up with Christians who believe that it means that life goes on in some form even after they die.

Moves
08 Apr 17

I wonder how they paid for their sins if they didn't die? Doctrine according to roigam the patron JW of shopping.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
08 Apr 17

This is just wishy washy weak and luke warm watered down Christianity that seeks to impose its own exegesis onto scripture where none actually exists in the text. You have formed yourselves into your own gods.
I was wondering when you'd jump in with your own confession.

"You have formed yourselves into your own gods."
This is ironic in the extreme. You only have your own dogma which, in effect, was bastardized from the real Bible, and you have made it, and yourselves into gods. And then you created your own Bible which supports your twisted views of yourselves. According to you, God (in the person of Jesus) was created. And YOU created your version of Him to serve YOU. And you ironically dare to call Christianity "weak and watered down". No, that is YOUR dogma.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
08 Apr 17

Originally posted by FMF
So you believe you can add anything you find "freakin' obvious" to whatever the Bible does and doesn’t actually say based on the observation that the U.S.A. exists even though the Bible doesn't mention it?
No, that is not what I said. As I DID say, try to follow along.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
08 Apr 17

Originally posted by FMF
You should take it up with Christians who believe that it means that life goes on in some form even after they die.
It is somewhat untruthful for you to suggest that this is all Jesus means to Christians.

rc

Moves
08 Apr 17

I was wondering when you'd jump in with your own confession.

[b]"You have formed yourselves into your own gods."

This is ironic in the extreme. You only have your own dogma which, in effect, was bastardized from the real Bible, and you have made it, and yourselves into gods. And then you created your own Bible which supports your twisted views of ...[text shortened]... And you ironically dare to call Christianity "weak and watered down". No, that is YOUR dogma.[/b]
you perspective has led to super wishy washy weak and wimpy Christians that don't know their elbow from the books of the Bible, look at you denigrating the word of God with your own teachings, get a grip snowflake, you are human, you are not a god.

F

Moves
08 Apr 17

FMF: You should take it up with Christians who believe that [being "saved"] means that life goes on in some form even after they die.

It is somewhat untruthful for you to suggest that this is all Jesus means to Christians.
Where have I suggested that "this is all Jesus means to Christians"? I have spoken many, many times about what Jesus means to Christians and I have never suggested that my answer to robbie's specific question was "all Jesus means".