1. Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Apr '17 23:30
    Originally posted by FMF
    You should take it up with Christians who believe that it means that life goes on in some form even after they die.
    Indeed perhaps someday I will 😀
  2. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    09 Apr '17 00:01
    Originally posted by FMF
    Do you believe you are "forgiven" and "saved" by Jesus?
    What I believe is irrelevant. God's judgement is everythimg.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Apr '17 00:05
    Originally posted by Eladar
    What I believe is irrelevant. God's judgement is everythimg.
    Do you believe that "God's judgement" for you will result in your "salvation"?
  4. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    09 Apr '17 01:35
    Originally posted by FMF
    Do you believe that "God's judgement" for you will result in your "salvation"?
    I do not declare my own salvation. Self proclaimed salvation is arrogance.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Apr '17 01:39
    I do not declare my own salvation. Self proclaimed salvation is arrogance.
    What do you believe you will be "judged" on?
  6. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    09 Apr '17 01:52
    Originally posted by FMF
    What do you believe you will be "judged" on?
    Whether or not you actually are a child of God.

Jesus says that there will be those who claim to know him, but will be rejected.

No matter what the judgement all to the glory of God.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Apr '17 02:10
    FMF: What do you believe you will be "judged" on?

Whether or not you actually are a child of God.

Jesus says that there will be those who claim to know him, but will be rejected.
    So while you claim to be "a child of God" and "to know god", you believe you may well be rejected nevertheless?
  8. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    09 Apr '17 02:191 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    So while you claim to be "a child of God" and "to know god", you believe you may well be rejected nevertheless?
    I do not claim to be all knowing. Life is a race, who knows what tomorrow will bring. At one point in your life you claimed to be a Christian.

In any case, I have answered your questions enough for this thread.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Apr '17 02:581 edit
    I do not claim to be all knowing. Life is a race, who knows what tomorrow will bring.
    You are dodging the question. I did not ask you if you "claim to be all knowing". I am asking about your belief. Is it your belief that, while you claim here that you are "a child of God" and that you "know god", you might nevertheless be rejected at the time of "judgement" ?
  10. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    09 Apr '17 03:56
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    You really spout off a lot of things as if they were facts. How do you know what most Christians do? Who do you even call Christians?
    I was hoping you had some facts to correct me with. Which was stupid of me, wasn't it.
  11. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    09 Apr '17 10:06
    Originally posted by apathist
    I was hoping you had some facts to correct me with. Which was stupid of me, wasn't it.
    You made claims you had no idea if true or not, as if you knew, now you want someone else
    to validate your claims one way or another, instead of you doing it. I suggest instead of
    hoping for facts after you make a claim you gather them before it.
  12. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    09 Apr '17 12:32
    What facts have you presented? I have only seen claims.
  13. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    09 Apr '17 14:25
    They just conform with their society.
    Stats please
  14. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    09 Apr '17 17:17
    Originally posted by whodey
    Stats please
    He functions under FMF rules, demand from others what you are unwilling to do yourself.

How dare you question claims of leftists.
  15. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    09 Apr '17 18:083 edits
    They just conform with their society.
    The Bible is what it is. The Bible is widely open to interpretation and contains inconsistencies, discrepancies and outright contradictions.

While there are those who claim that the above isn't true and that they take it literally, they nonetheless pick and choose which parts they do and don't take literally, pick and choose passages to ignore and/or alter, impress their own preconceived biases and beliefs onto their "literal" interpretation, etc.

"...conform[ing] with their society" is just one example of impressing their own preconceived biases and beliefs onto their "literal" interpretation.

The following is an example of how pathetically far it can be taken:
    It would be hard to find a pastor more perfect to stump for Donald Trump than Mark Burns.

At a March Trump rally in Illinois, Burns leapt up to the stage, pumping up the crowd in chants of Trump’s name. “Lord, this will be the greatest Tuesday that ever existed, come Super Tuesday Three,” he prophesied in prayer, naming and claiming a Trump victory. He opened his eyes. “There is no black person, there is no white person, there is no yellow person, there is no red person, there’s only green people!” he shouted. “Green is money! Green are jobs!!”

Until Trump plucked Burns out of the tiny town of Easley, S.C., few Christians knew the black pastor’s name. But it is God, Burns says, who has economically transformed his life—before he found Jesus, he relied on food stamps, lived in section 8 housing, went to jail, and faced a charge of simple assault as part of his self-described “baby mama drama” past. Then last year, Burns decided to transition his ministry to a for-profit televangelism business, so he and his followers could achieve economic success.

“Jesus said, above all things, I pray that you prosper, I pray that you have life more abundantly,” Burns, 36, explained to TIME in an interview, quoting a verse not from the Gospels but another New Testament passage. “It was never Jesus’ intention for us to be broke.” All of this is wisdom is now contained in a candidate for President. “I think that is what Donald Trump represents,” Burns says.

Trump is making inroads in the evangelical world by cloaking himself with pastors like Burns, who represent a narrow and often controversial segment of the faith. The preachers who often stand with him are born-again Christians, but most are evangelical outsiders—many are Pentecostal televangelists who often preach a version of what’s often called the “prosperity gospel,” a controversial theological belief that God wants people to be wealthy and healthy.

http://time.com/donald-trump-prosperity-preachers/

Given the number of Trump supporters who identify as Christian, it's a striking example of how far Christianity has drifted from the teachings of Jesus.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree