1. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Apr '17 19:13
    Slackers!
  2. Cape Town
    Moves
    12 Apr '17 19:38
    If by 'evolutionists', you mean people with a smattering of science knowledge that know what evolution is, then why should they read Origin of Species?

I assume this is a badly thought out parody of the Christians not reading the Bible thread. The key difference is that Origin of Species is not a Bible of a religion.

Do you believe gravity exists? Have you read Newton's Principia? Should all those that accept the existence of Gravity read Newton's work?
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Apr '17 20:02
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    If by 'evolutionists', you mean people with a smattering of science knowledge that know what evolution is, then why should they read Origin of Species?

I assume this is a badly thought out parody of the Christians not reading the Bible thread. The key difference is that Origin of Species is not a Bible of a religion.

Do you believe gravity exists? H ...[text shortened]... ad Newton's Principia? Should all those that accept the existence of Gravity read Newton's work?
    You slacker you have not read it have you!
  4. Cape Town
    Moves
    12 Apr '17 20:48
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    No, I have not read it. But I am still better off than you, who read it, but didn't understand it.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Apr '17 20:58
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    No, I have not read it. But I am still better off than you, who read it, but didn't understand it.
    aye that will be shining bright. 😵
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    12 Apr '17 21:21
    Slackers!
    Copycat! 😠
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Apr '17 21:34
    Originally posted by whodey
    Copycat! 😠
    take it as a compliment 😀
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    13 Apr '17 10:14
    Slackers!
    And the biggest single source of enmity in this forum is caused by people making these kinds of unsubstantiated claims against others.
  9. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    13 Apr '17 10:19
    Have you?

It's quite a dry piece of work. I never finished it. It was too much like work slogging through it. Thank goodness for summations.

Do you think one needs to read and understand Maxwell's equations before flicking a light switch? Good luck with that one.
  10. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    13 Apr '17 11:02
    Slackers!
    Get rid of the bible and it will not come back. Try that with science knowledge.
  11. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    13 Apr '17 11:06
    Science is not ordained. It is not revealed through prophets. It is discovered by testing.
  12. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    13 Apr '17 11:40
    Originally posted by apathist
    Science is not ordained. It is not revealed through prophets. It is discovered by testing.
    But faith is also supported by a type of "scientific method". Call it a "belief method".

I agree that science is not faith, but they both yield to their own "method".

This leads me to call faith, like science, another type of knowledge. The conduit through which it is perceived may be different, but it's still a type of knowledge. You can think of the relationship as like an allegory.

Of course I'm just throwing this out there into the stream of consciousness of this thread. I don't expect anyone to see what I mean, at least at first.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Apr '17 11:45
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    This leads me to call faith, like science, another type of knowledge. The conduit through which it is perceived may be different, but it's still a type of knowledge.
    What do you make of the "knowledge" of this kind that Hindu and Muslim faith creates?
  14. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    13 Apr '17 11:49
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Have you?

It's quite a dry piece of work. I never finished it. It was too much like work slogging through it. Thank goodness for summations.

Do you think one needs to read and understand Maxwell's equations before flicking a light switch? Good luck with that one.
    This reminds me of a memory I have from school.

After I became a Christian in college, I had a friend in the engineering program who had a t-shirt with Maxwell's four equations on it. Above the equations, it said "And God said:" Below the equations, it said "...and there was light."
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Apr '17 13:011 edit
    Originally posted by apathist
    You keep telling yourself that Slacker while you offer up incense to an effigy of Darwin in your University shrines and read from the same hymn books with your abiogenesis creations myths and religious mantras. E=MC^2 All hail the God of Science, in you we put our hope. And yet ask it a question - Why the universe? and look it is absolutely bereft, Man what a bunch of spangles you materialists are.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree