1. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    16 Apr '17 10:57
    Originally posted by apathist
    Could we please talk about this. We cannot reject stuff that isn't there.
    Its a simple point in my opinion, if you reject God than every supernatural thing in the
    scriptures are all worthy of being rejected out of hand without giving them a thought.
    So there is no need to look at the world and see God's hand in it, if you don't think God
    is real.
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    16 Apr '17 10:58
    Originally posted by FMF
    Your water analogy and your guide dog analogy were both duds. I have pointed this out to you. If you see this as "put downs" then that is about your psychology and not about my contribution to the conversation.
    Hey, you're the one who stumbled into my analogy about guide dogs are like religion, and then mentioned "different religions" and then whined when I started talking about different guide dogs.

If you didn't understand it, that's okay, but it might be better to just not blurt crap out and then find yourself in over your head. But go ahead. "Contribute" all you want. Just don't whine about it when you get it wrong.

And just because YOU don't understand something (which occurs remarkably often) doesn't make it a "dud".
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    16 Apr '17 10:59
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Its a simple point in my opinion, if you reject God than every supernatural thing in the
    scriptures are all worthy of being rejected out of hand without giving them a thought.
    So there is no need to look at the world and see God's hand in it, if you don't think God
    is real.
    This idea of "rejecting god" what does this actually consist of? I mean in terms of the exchanges in this forum between Christians and non-Christians.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Apr '17 11:02
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Hey, you're the one who stumbled into my analogy about guide dogs are like religion, and then mentioned "different religions" and then whined when I started talking about different guide dogs.

If you didn't understand it, that's okay, but it might be better to just not blurt crap out and then find yourself in over your head. But go ahead. "Contribute" a ...[text shortened]... because YOU don't understand something (which occurs remarkably often) doesn't make it a "dud".
    The simple versions of your analogies were trite and flawed. The extrapolated versions were, as I said, tortured analogies. The issue is not that I did not understand you ~ the problem for you is that I did.
  5. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    16 Apr '17 11:08
    Originally posted by apathist
    You are so close to understanding.
    Nice try, but my analogy came from my understanding. It was shaped by my understanding; it wasn't the 'shaper' of my understanding. In this regard, my analogy was the result of my understanding, it doesn't drive my understanding itself. I can see how someone with a preconceived notion (religion - BAD!) can be confused by that, though.
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    16 Apr '17 11:13
    Originally posted by FMF
    The simple versions of your analogies were trite and flawed. The extrapolated versions were, as I said, tortured analogies. The issue is not that I did not understand you ~ the problem for you is that I did.
    Repeating yourself ad infinitum doesn't clarify anything, and neither does your strangled comparison between "the issue" and "the problem".
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Apr '17 11:18
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Repeating yourself ad infinitum doesn't clarify anything, and neither does your strangled comparison between "the issue" and "the problem".
    Water is found all over the world and it is drawn from countless sources, not just one. Christianity simply isn't the only guide dog available to a blind person wanting to cross the road. They were weak analogies that did not withstand a moment's scrutiny.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree