Motivation of Atheists and Christ Deniers?

Motivation of Atheists and Christ Deniers?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
21 Mar 23

@fmf said
It was one of his go-to questions when he was posting in 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, and 2022 using various different screen names. Exactly the same questions and exactly the same inability to process the answers and move on to a less pedestrian topic.
@moonbus
Another go-to riff of his... "There’s plenty of evidence for the Resurrection of Jesus Christ."

F

Moves
21 Mar 23

@plantermoo said
I’m looking at the existence of God and belief that Jesus Christ is the Messiah from an atheist’s perspective. I suspect an atheist would find the comparison apt.
It is you who is equating the belief that the "moon is made of green cheese" with belief in Jesus Christ, no one else. It's you who's making the comparison.

F

Moves
21 Mar 23

@plantermoo said
I’m looking at the existence of God and belief that Jesus Christ is the Messiah from an atheist’s perspective. I suspect an atheist would find the comparison apt.
I suspect an atheist would find the comparison apt.

Sounds like you have very little experience of discussing these kinds of things with agnostics and atheists.

free tazer tickles..

wildly content...

Moves
21 Mar 23

@plantermoo said
There’s plenty of evidence for the Resurrection of Jesus Christ for those who haven’t made up their mind and who are open-minded and genuinely interested in investigating it.
please show me
an internet link is a start
i already posses six bibles (six different interpretations), the koran, three different translations of the tao, and easy access to a number of other less well known "assertions"
if you tell me to just read the bible, i'm way ahead of you
that isn't proof

ready, set, go

F

Moves
21 Mar 23

@plantermoo said
Do you seriously believe all life on earth can be traced back to a single-celled organism floating in the ocean?
There are beliefs and theories about the origin of life but it remains a mystery.

I don't think theology can tell us much, if anything, about it. Theology is a feature of human culture.

Science, meanwhile, is active on that frontier of knowledge, and the nature of the universe may well be the nature of the creator entity, if there is one.

And if there is a creator entity, perhaps "...all life on earth can be traced back to a single-celled organism floating in the ocean" and it was this entity's doing.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
21 Mar 23

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Some of the best journeys have no certain destination.

The future is unwritten Kelly, the universe full of things we don't understand, may never understand. Deal with it.
So you say, I have read the end of Revelation.

Moves
21 Mar 23

@kellyjay said
So you say, I have read the end of Revelation.
Just a book Kelly. I've read the end of the Hobbit.

Moves
21 Mar 23

@plantermoo said
What motivation do you think atheists and other Christ deniers have in arguing against the Good News of the Gospel of Jesus Christ?

Why do they spend so much time doing it?
What motivation do you think banned members have in creating new accounts to argue with posters that led to them being banned?

If you want change

Vote for it!

Moves
21 Mar 23

@plantermoo said
But we all know for a fact that the moon isn’t made of cheese, but atheists have no evidence that Jesus is the messiah.

So your comparison is silly and moot.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
21 Mar 23
1 edit

@plantermoo said
What motivation do you think atheists and other Christ deniers have in arguing against the Good News of the Gospel of Jesus Christ?

People are after truth. So far the Christian community has failed to provide justification for what they call truth.

Über-Nerd

Moves
21 Mar 23
1 edit

@plantermoo said
I don’t believe rainbow-colored hippopotamus to be reality. That doesn’t mean I would spend inordinate amounts of time arguing with someone who did.
People who believe in rainbow/colored hippos aren’t trying to pass laws to force women to carry pregnancies to term. But if they were, I wouldn’t hesitate to argue against them.

Moves
21 Mar 23

@moonbus said
People who believe in rainbow/colored hippos
Found one!

Über-Nerd

Moves
21 Mar 23

@rajk999 said
People are after truth. So far the Christian community has failed to provide justification for what they call truth.
Somewhat more charitably, they fail to show that the Christian message alone is exclusively true and that everything else is not only false, but harmfully and dangerously so. There may indeed be many truths, only partially overlapping and not altogether consistent with each other, especially if one tries to read them literally. That is my beef with KellyJay, who keeps repeating his platitude that truth cannot contradict itself. It seems to me that if there is a godhead and if the godhead ever spoke to humanity, it is highly unlikely that it occurred only once and only speaking in Aramaic. The Koran explicitly states that to every people, a messenger appears, and that it was not needful for Mohammed to know who any of the other messengers were. Or, by implication, what the other messages were or what form they took.

Über-Nerd

Moves
21 Mar 23

@plantermoo said
You deny all those things whether you choose to admit it or not.
What motivation do you and other Christians have for denying lizard people and the good tidings that there's no eternal lake of fire waiting for unbelievers in lizard people?

What motivation do you and other Christians have for denying kobolds and the good tidings that there's no eternal lake of fire waiting for unbelievers in kobolds?

What motivation do you and other Christians have for denying fairies and the good tidings that there's no eternal lake of fire waiting for unbelievers in fairies?

What motivation do you and other Christians have for denying the flying spaghetti monster and the good tidings that there's no eternal lake of fire waiting for unbelievers in the flying spaghetti monster?

What motivation do you and other Christians have for denying wizards and vampires and werewolves and the good tidings that there's no eternal lake of fire waiting for unbelievers in them?

What motivation do you and other Christians have for denying Uhuru Mazda and the good tidings that there's no eternal lake of fire waiting for unbelievers in Uhuru Mazda?

You deny all these things whether you choose to admit it or not.

Why do you start a thread about it?

Über-Nerd

Moves
21 Mar 23
1 edit

@ghost-of-a-duke said
What motivation do you think banned members have in creating new accounts to argue with posters that led to them being banned?

Ah, there's the thread and then there's the meta-thread.

What motivation do I have to explain a-theism to a theist, for the umpteenth time, when I know he won't get it, for the umpteenth time, when the sun is shining and I could be out on my bike, cycling along the shore of Lake Geneva.....?

Bye. 😀