Motivation of Atheists and Christ Deniers?

Motivation of Atheists and Christ Deniers?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
21 Mar 23
1 edit

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Just a book Kelly. I've read the end of the Hobbit.
So is every other book in the history of mankind from grade school, high school, and college text books to every other fictional and non-fictional book 📕 is that supposed to be a point that has some meaning behind it?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
21 Mar 23

@rajk999 said
People are after truth. So far the Christian community has failed to provide justification for what they call truth.
Speaking of truth is there a book/text that you go to for truth you value more than the Bible?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
21 Mar 23

@moonbus said
People who believe in rainbow/colored hippos aren’t trying to pass laws to force women to carry pregnancies to term. But if they were, I wouldn’t hesitate to argue against them.
No value for the life while it is in the womb?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
21 Mar 23
1 edit

@moonbus said
Somewhat more charitably, they fail to show that the Christian message alone is exclusively true and that everything else is not only false, but harmfully and dangerously so. There may indeed be many truths, only partially overlapping and not altogether consistent with each other, especially if one tries to read them literally. That is my beef with KellyJay, who keeps repeati ...[text shortened]... the other messengers were. Or, by implication, what the other messages were or what form they took.
Demonstrate two contradictions that are both true at the same time and place please, a whole universe and in all time and space is here to draw upon to invalidate my position.

P

Moves
21 Mar 23

@rookie54 said
please show me
an internet link is a start
i already posses six bibles (six different interpretations), the koran, three different translations of the tao, and easy access to a number of other less well known "assertions"
if you tell me to just read the bible, i'm way ahead of you
that isn't proof

ready, set, go
https://reasons.org/explore/blogs/reflections/a-dozen-evidences-for-the-resurrection-of-jesus

P

Moves
21 Mar 23

@fmf said
@moonbus
Another go-to riff of his... "There’s plenty of evidence for the Resurrection of Jesus Christ."
Well there is, for those with an open mind and interested.

P

Moves
21 Mar 23

@fmf said
It is you who is equating the belief that the "moon is made of green cheese" with belief in Jesus Christ, no one else. It's you who's making the comparison.
I have heard atheists say the Resurrection of Jesus Christ is absurd.

I presume they also believe the idea that the moon is made of green cheese is absurd.

The comparison, from an atheist’s perspective, is apt, imo

P

Moves
21 Mar 23

@divegeester said
But we all know for a fact that the moon isn’t made of cheese, but atheists have no evidence that Jesus is the messiah.

So your comparison is silly and moot.
Plenty of evidence exists for the Resurrection of Jesus Christ.

https://reasons.org/explore/blogs/reflections/a-dozen-evidences-for-the-resurrection-of-jesus

P

Moves
21 Mar 23

@moonbus said
What motivation do you and other Christians have for denying lizard people and the good tidings that there's no eternal lake of fire waiting for unbelievers in lizard people?

What motivation do you and other Christians have for denying kobolds and the good tidings that there's no eternal lake of fire waiting for unbelievers in kobolds?

What motivation do you and o ...[text shortened]... deny all these things whether you choose to admit it or not.

Why do you start a thread about it?
I don’t spend time and effort arguing with people who believe lizard people exist. The same can’t be said for atheists when it comes to the existence of God and foundational truths of Christianity.

And people go to hell because their sins aren’t forgiven.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
21 Mar 23

@kellyjay said
Speaking of truth is there a book/text that you go to for truth you value more than the Bible?
I dont value any book or text including the bible / scripture... I am not a worshipper of any book. The bible has been changed over the centuries. What Jesus called the scripture is not what you are calling scripture or bible.

I value the truth contained in the teachings of Christ, particularly the one about who gets into the Kingdom of God and who does not ... basically all who keep the commandments will get eternal life, those who dont are cast out.

You carry on worshipping the bible.

Ãœber-Nerd

Moves
21 Mar 23
1 edit

@plantermoo said
As far as I know, atheists are naturalists and don’t believe in spirituality. And they’re moral relativists also (i.e. don’t believe in absolute morality.)

So I think your point here is misguided.
You are mistaken on both counts. Buddhists have spirituality with or without deities. And moralists (e.g.,Kantians) can also have absolutes without deities.

P

Moves
21 Mar 23

@rajk999 said
I dont value any book or text including the bible / scripture... I am not a worshipper of any book. The bible has been changed over the centuries. What Jesus called the scripture is not what you are calling scripture or bible.

I value the truth contained in the teachings of Christ, particularly the one about who gets into the Kingdom of God and who does not ... basically ...[text shortened]... mandments will get eternal life, those who dont are cast out.

You carry on worshipping the bible.
So how is the New Covenant different from the Old Covenant?

Moves
21 Mar 23

@moonbus said
You are mistaken on both counts. Buddhists have spirituality with or without deities. And moralists (e.g.,Kantians) can also have absolutes without deities.
I think his plan is to pretend he didn't read your post.

F

Moves
21 Mar 23

@plantermoo said
I don’t spend time and effort arguing with people who believe lizard people exist. The same can’t be said for atheists when it comes to the existence of God and foundational truths of Christianity.
The nature of morality and faith and the part religions [like yours] play in the human condition are all far more interesting to discuss than analogies about people believing "lizard people" exist.

Ãœber-Nerd

Moves
21 Mar 23

@kellyjay said
Demonstrate two contradictions that are both true at the same time and place please, a whole universe and in all time and space is here to draw upon to invalidate my position.
One world religion claims Jesus was God incarnate. Three world religions say Jesus was a pious man but not God. So it’s true that Jesus is God for Christians and false for Muslims, Jews, and pagans. There ya go.