Motivation of Atheists and Christ Deniers?

Motivation of Atheists and Christ Deniers?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
21 Mar 23

@plantermoo said
I have heard atheists say the Resurrection of Jesus Christ is absurd.

I presume they also believe the idea that the moon is made of green cheese is absurd.

The comparison, from an atheist’s perspective, is apt, imo
We shall just have to wait and see what discussions ensue if and when someone turns up here - or perhaps the Science Forum - who believes that "the moon is made of green cheese".

IP

Moves
21 Mar 23

@kellyjay said
Demonstrate two contradictions that are both true at the same time and place please, a whole universe and in all time and space is here to draw upon to invalidate my position.
Your position was invalidated a long time ago, if you are now saying that the existence of the universe, time and space or whatever, further invalidates your position, then who's anyone else to argue?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
21 Mar 23

@medullah said
How about these three.

The pure hyprocisy that they might perceive - We have a 6th commandment "though shalt not kill" and Christians line up at war time to do just that?

There is the prohibition again idolatory, and every Sunday many of "the faithful" can be seen going into a building where they either themsleves bow or watch others bow before idols.

And if you are ...[text shortened]... , are politics compatible with a Christian fait in practice?

or am I being unfair, and if so why?
You do know these are no fault of the religion, but of the humans involved, yes?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
21 Mar 23

I often ask myself why Christians can't be more reasonable.

I guess some have a real need to surrender to some authority, to be "right" is a motivation, yet the path they choose doesn't really lead them there.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
21 Mar 23
1 edit

@moonbus said
One world religion claims Jesus was God incarnate. Three world religions say Jesus was a pious man but not God. So it’s true that Jesus is God for Christians and false for Muslims, Jews, and pagans. There ya go.
Thankfully God cares nothing of religion, neither about professions of faith. Jesus died for all people, there are no exceptions, and Paul himself stated that the free gift of justification came upon all men. So regardless of what you claim to believe and profess, all who live righteously ie feed the poor, clothe the naked and practice charity, Jesus said these will enter the Kingdom of God. The test for entry is works. Many Christians with their hypocritical mouth worship will hear these words:
... Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire,
prepared for the devil and his angels:
For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat:
I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink:
I was a stranger, and ye took me not in:
naked, and ye clothed me not:
sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.
(Matthew 25:41-43 KJV)

P

Moves
21 Mar 23

@rajk999 said
Thankfully God cares nothing of religion, neither about professions of faith. Jesus died for all people, there are no exceptions, and Paul himself stated that the free gift of justification came upon all men. So regardless of what you claim to believe and profess, all who live righteously ie feed the poor, clothe the naked and practice charity, Jesus said these wil ...[text shortened]... and ye clothed me not:
sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.
(Matthew 25:41-43 KJV) [/i]
How is the New Covenant different from the Old Covenant in your view?

If you want change

Vote for it!

Moves
21 Mar 23

@plantermoo said
Plenty of evidence exists for the Resurrection of Jesus Christ.

https://reasons.org/explore/blogs/reflections/a-dozen-evidences-for-the-resurrection-of-jesus
Yes you’ve posted this link before, when you were here in different guises in 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021 and 2022.

It was debunked then.

P

Moves
21 Mar 23

@divegeester said
Yes you’ve posted this link before, when you were here in different guises in 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021 and 2022.

It was debunked then.
I found that link like 3 weeks ago.

I think you have me confused with someone else.

P

Moves
21 Mar 23

@suzianne said
I often ask myself why Christians can't be more reasonable.

I guess some have a real need to surrender to some authority, to be "right" is a motivation, yet the path they choose doesn't really lead them there.
Do you believe God’s Holy Spirit indwells believers?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
21 Mar 23

@plantermoo said
Do you believe God’s Holy Spirit indwells believers?
Not if you are an example of one.

F

Moves
21 Mar 23

@plantermoo said
I think you have me confused with someone else.
Nope. No one is confused.

P

Moves
21 Mar 23

@rajk999 said
Not if you are an example of one.
How is the New Covenant different from the Old Covenant in your view?

P

Moves
21 Mar 23

@fmf said
Nope. No one is confused.
Believe whatever you want.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
21 Mar 23

@indonesia-phil said
Your position was invalidated a long time ago, if you are now saying that the existence of the universe, time and space or whatever, further invalidates your position, then who's anyone else to argue?
You are dreaming

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
21 Mar 23

@rajk999 said
I dont value any book or text including the bible / scripture... I am not a worshipper of any book. The bible has been changed over the centuries. What Jesus called the scripture is not what you are calling scripture or bible.

I value the truth contained in the teachings of Christ, particularly the one about who gets into the Kingdom of God and who does not ... basically ...[text shortened]... mandments will get eternal life, those who dont are cast out.

You carry on worshipping the bible.
So you are your own authority not scripture which includes the words of Christ?