1. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    27 Oct '07 03:541 edit
    Originally posted by darvlay
    What if that music leads you to dancing with the opposite sex which then leads to sexual thoughts?
    There are a lot of things that can lead you to sexual thoughts, just
    as watching a baseball game could lead you to wanting to do harm
    to an umpire, that too is sinful if you think about it. Some times you
    can avoid those things, some times not, they are just going to
    happen, You can set yourself up for sin, and is that your fault if you do
    something with that intent, or the thing you knew that would put you in
    that frame of mind, and position to act on it?
    Kelly
  2. Joined
    22 Aug '06
    Moves
    27 Oct '07 07:19
    Originally posted by darvlay
    What if that music leads you to dancing with the opposite sex which then leads to sexual thoughts?
    Question: Why are Baptists opposed to pre-marital sex?

Answer: It might lead to dancing.
  3. weedhopper
    Moves
    27 Oct '07 15:19
    Originally posted by serigado
    saying rap is music is blasphemy to good music.
    You may call it "sound", and you may love it. Nowadays you can find people loving lots of strange stuff. But never call it music.
    I'm not even talking in the negative social aspect of rap, the incentives to violence, etc. I'm just talking in the musical sense. It's rubbish.
    I concur that rap is rubbish. But I don't believe we should be calling for erasing it from the face of the earth. Tolerance, sir--Tolerance!
  4. Joined
    28 Aug '07
    Moves
    27 Oct '07 15:58
    Originally posted by PinkFloyd
    I concur that rap is rubbish. But I don't believe we should be calling for erasing it from the face of the earth. Tolerance, sir--Tolerance!
    Thanks for the support! Nothing less from a Pink Floyd fan. Good music.
    As for erasing rap from the face of the Earth, I think that's at least debatable. I don't see any immediate benefits from rap, that's for sure. But I'm quite tolerant, I believe.
  5. Diverse City
    Moves
    30 Oct '07 21:30
    Originally posted by eatmybishop
    could you advise me, as a christian is there any particular music i should listen to? i currently listen to hard metal and hardcore rap that often talks of evil, hatred and killing... by listening to this, is this a sin in itself?
    Yes, listen to Tobymac
  6. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    30 Oct '07 21:521 edit
    Originally posted by serigado
    saying rap is music is blasphemy to good music.
    You may call it "sound", and you may love it. Nowadays you can find people loving lots of strange stuff. But never call it music.
    I'm not even talking in the negative social aspect of rap, the incentives to violence, etc. I'm just talking in the musical sense. It's rubbish.
    So, by your reckoning, Bob Dylan's "Subterranean homesick blues" isn't good music?

And neither is "Where's me jumper" from the Sultans of ping FC?
  7. Joined
    25 Sep '04
    Moves
    30 Oct '07 22:19
    My personal preference is Bluegrass Gospel.
  8. Joined
    28 Feb '07
    Moves
    31 Oct '07 15:39
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    How the hell do you think people get to the altar in the first place??! 😛
    Sexy thoughts but dont you go acting them out....not until after your marriage!!!
  9. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    31 Oct '07 15:45
    Originally posted by eatmybishop
    could you advise me, as a christian is there any particular music i should listen to? i currently listen to hard metal and hardcore rap that often talks of evil, hatred and killing... by listening to this, is this a sin in itself?
    Listen to Xian hardcore rap and hard metal. Christian music is just like regular music only not as good. Kinda like turkey and tofurky.
  10. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    31 Oct '07 15:47
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Where the music takes you is what you need to keep an eye on, if
    it promotes in your evil such as the desires that lead to killing and
    hatred and so on, what do you think?
    Kelly
    That's the problem. Everytime I hear rock music it causes me to kill people.
  11. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    31 Oct '07 16:16
    Originally posted by telerion
    Listen to Xian hardcore rap and hard metal. Christian music is just like regular music only not as good. Kinda like turkey and tofurky.
    ABSOLUTELY.

For fun, I watch the Christian TV networks when they play music videos (because that kind of comedy you can't find in a sitcom these days) and they are virtually indistinguishable from so-called 'secular' videos. The lyrics are always terrible (much like a horrible cheesy love song) and the amount of mimicry involved is just laughable. Choreography, skimpy clothes, planted crowds - it's the same excrement on a different plate.

Christian Rock is just another business. No doubt these artists also have "image consultants" and a weaselly managers just like any other marginally-talented performer trying to become famous.
  12. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    31 Oct '07 19:52
    Originally posted by Jay Joos
    Sexy thoughts but dont you go acting them out....not until after your marriage!!!
    Rajk999 thinks that even the thoughts are a problem. Go back to page 1 and read it again.
  13. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    31 Oct '07 20:08
    Originally posted by telerion
    Has anyone seen the comparison charts in Christian music stores? They have a list of popular secular artists, side-by-side with their Christian sound-a-like.

Someone should get a current chart and post it here. I want to know who the Christian Eminem, Snoop Dogg, System of a Down, etc. are.

I'll start the list:
    Christian Eminem = KJ-52
    http://www.jesusfreakhideout.com/lyrics/DearSlim.asp
  14. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    31 Oct '07 20:121 edit
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    I'll start the list:
    Christian Eminem = KJ-52
    http://www.jesusfreakhideout.com/lyrics/DearSlim.asp
    Christian Mighty Mighty Bosstones = The Orange County Supertones

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree