1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    09 Jun '14 19:16
    Originally posted by FMF
    Who is "lying about the nature of the religion"?
    Those that say Islam is a religion of peace.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Jun '14 00:47
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Those that say Islam is a religion of peace.
    "Islam is a religion of peace" is merely a bit of bumperstickerism. It's "true" for the people it's "true" for. Terrorists and murderers who commit violent crimes in the name of their Islamic faith would obviously be submerged in some sort of cesspool of Orwellian self-deception if they affixed that sticker to their bumpers.
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    10 Jun '14 03:342 edits
    Originally posted by FMF
    "Islam is a religion of peace" is merely a bit of bumperstickerism. It's "true" for the people it's "true" for. Terrorists and murderers who commit violent crimes in the name of their Islamic faith would obviously be submerged in some sort of cesspool of Orwellian self-deception if they affixed that sticker to their bumpers.
    It's "true" for the people it's "true" for.

How can that make any sense? That is like saying that anything is true as long as you believe it is true. The ones that are in self-deception are the ones that believe Islam is a religion of peace. The Muslim terrorists are trying to be real Muslims by following the Quran and the religion of Islam.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Jun '14 03:52
    The Muslim terrorists are trying to be real Muslims by following the Quran and the religion of Islam.
    I don't subscribe to your interpretation of Islam, nor do I subscribe to the interpretation of Islam that terrorists apparently have, and nor do hundreds and hundreds of millions of Muslims. You can, if you wish, think what you want about who “True Christians™” are [or are not], seeing as you self-identify as a Christian, but I don't think your opinion on who is or is not a “True Muslim™” holds much weight.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Jun '14 03:55
    FMF: It's "true" for the people it's "true" for.
    How can that make any sense? That is like saying that anything is true as long as you believe it is true.
    Exactly the same can be said about your religious views.
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    10 Jun '14 04:34
    Originally posted by FMF
    I don't subscribe to your interpretation of Islam, nor do I subscribe to the interpretation of Islam that terrorists apparently have, and nor do hundreds and hundreds of millions of Muslims. You can, if you wish, think what you want about who “True Christians™” are [or are not], seeing as you self-identify as a Christian, but I don't think your opinion on who is or is not a “True Muslim™” holds much weight.
    Islam's doctrines of deception

http://www.meforum.org/2095/islams-doctrines-of-deception

Al Taqiyya - Islam Muslims and Lies

YouTube
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Jun '14 05:42
    Islam's doctrines of deception

http://www.meforum.org/2095/islams-doctrines-of-deception

Al Taqiyya - Islam Muslims and Lies

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYJiFOZkev0
    The people at www.meforum.org appear to have the same interpretation of Islamic teaching as Osama bin Laden did.
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    10 Jun '14 10:021 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    The people at www.meforum.org appear to have the same interpretation of Islamic teaching as Osama bin Laden did.
    Then Osama bin Laden must have understood it well. Maybe that is why he did not blow himself up, since he knew that about having all those virgins was nonsense. That was just the lie the real leaders tell others to further the cause of Islam.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Jun '14 10:07
    Then Osama bin Laden must have understood it well. Maybe that is why he did not blow himself up, since he knew that about having all those virgins was nonsense. That was just the lie the real leaders tell others to further the cause of Islam.
    You're not being clear: your interpretation of Islamic teaching is ~ or is not ~ the same as Osama bin Laden's?
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    10 Jun '14 10:25
    Originally posted by FMF
    You're not being clear: your interpretation of Islamic teaching is ~ or is not ~ the same as Osama bin Laden's?
    I don't know what Osama bin Laden's interpretation of Islamic teachings were. I was just speculating about your statement - "The people at www.meforum.org appear to have the same interpretation of Islamic teaching as Osama bin Laden did."
  11. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    10 Jun '14 10:33
    Maybe that is why he did not blow himself up, since he
    knew that about having all those virgins was nonsense.
    Why don't you blow yourself up and go to your heaven?

Your answer is probably the same as Bin Laden's.
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    10 Jun '14 10:45
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    Why don't you blow yourself up and go to your heaven?

Your answer is probably the same as Bin Laden's.
    Yeah, I don't expect there will be any virgin there waiting for me.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Jun '14 10:50
    I don't know what Osama bin Laden's interpretation of Islamic teachings were. I was just speculating about your statement - "The people at www.meforum.org appear to have the same interpretation of Islamic teaching as Osama bin Laden did."
    The people at www.meforum.org are entitled to agree with Osama bin Laden if they want to, I suppose.
  14. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    10 Jun '14 11:141 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    The people at www.meforum.org are entitled to agree with Osama bin Laden if they want to, I suppose.
    Their purpose was to point out what they believe Islam teaches. They made no reference to Osama bin Laden that I saw. You were the one that seems to know what Osama bin Laden believes.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Jun '14 11:171 edit
    Their purpose was to point out what they believe Islam teaches. They made no reference to Osama bin Laden that I saw. You were the one that seems to know what Osama bin Laden believes.
    I remember Osama bin Laden explaining his beliefs on telly. He sounded a bit like the people at www.meforum.org

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree