1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    25 Aug '09 06:54
    Originally posted by Penguin
    I say this reflects extremely badly on FMF. Please take at least 5 seconds to check before posting such unfounded speculation in future. Also, shame on everyone else who replied without checking that the article actually reflected the assertion in the original post.
    I am perplexed by your testy respone.

In what way does the question: "Why aren't moderate Muslims speaking out against this?" constitute speculation?

And in what way does "Why aren't moderate Muslims speaking out against this?" constitute an assertion?
  2. Donationbbarr
    Chief Justice
    Center of Contention
    Moves
    25 Aug '09 09:541 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    I am perplexed by your testy respone.

In what way does the question: "Why aren't moderate Muslims speaking out against this?" constitute speculation?

And in what way does "Why aren't moderate Muslims speaking out against this?" constitute an assertion?
    Read your first post and find the assertion. Hint: It's also contained in this thread's title. Since you can't possibly be as dim as your response above would indicate, you must here be engaged in some form of ironical performance.

Of course, since almost 90% of Indonesians are Muslim, there is a good statistical chance the thieves, if Indonesian, were Muslim. But there are also Indonesians who are speaking out against this horror, and there is a very good statistical chance they're Muslims too. So, what exactly does Islam have to do with this killing? Do you think moderate Muslims should speak out whenever another Muslim (or anybody) commits a crime? Do Muslims have a special Lorax-like responsibility to advocate for the natural world?
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    25 Aug '09 12:35
    Originally posted by FMF

Why aren't moderate Muslims speaking out against this?[/b]
    Because they like to enjoy a little thing called LIVING!!
  4. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    25 Aug '09 13:56
    Originally posted by whodey
    Because they like to enjoy a little thing called LIVING!!
    Are you amongst the ignorant, the bigots or ignorant bigots?

Why does it seem that so many Christians are bigots?

You've shown yourself to be bigoted toward homosexuals as are many other Christians. Are you also a racist as are many other Christians?
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    25 Aug '09 14:05
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne

You've shown yourself to be bigoted toward homosexuals as are many other Christians. Are you also a racist as are many other Christians?
    this is quite incredible, we did not write the words of the Bible, did we, we did not state that 'men who lie with men shall not inherit Gods kingdom', did we? its there in the Bible, if you want to elevate your sexual preference above the words of the Bible then that is good and fine for you, but if others would like to uphold it as the revealed Word of God, then it hardly qualifies them for bigotry, does it.
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    25 Aug '09 14:188 edits

What I AM saying is that I know a moderate muslim man who lived in Africa at one point. While there he was often persetucted by his fundamentalist counterparts who accused he and his father of being infidels because they were moderate muslims. Typically, anyone who speaks out against these fundamanatlists are in danger of various penalties and potential physical harm and/or death. Where you got the impression that I was demonizing ALL muslims is beyond me.

Sorry, it seems I hit the, "I hate all christians and all who oppose the homosexual life style" button once again.

Edit: Just to make you happy I thought I might include the fact that although he was persecuted by his Muslim authoritarian bretheren he has forgiven them for it. In addition, he is one of the friendliest people I have ever met and even more so that some Christians I know.
  7. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    26 Aug '09 00:08
    What I AM saying is that I know a moderate muslim man who lived in Africa at one point. While there he was often persetucted by his fundamentalist counterparts who accused he and his father of being infidels because they were moderate muslims. Typically, anyone who speaks out against these fundamanatlists are in danger of various penalties and potential ph ...[text shortened]... is one of the friendliest people I have ever met and even more so that some Christians I know.
    What I AM saying is that I know a moderate muslim man who lived in Africa at one point. While there he was often persetucted by his fundamentalist counterparts who accused he and his father of being infidels because they were moderate muslims. Typically, anyone who speaks out against these fundamanatlists are in danger of various penalties and potential physical harm and/or death. Where you got the impression that I was demonizing ALL muslims is beyond me.

No surprise here. You often show that a lot of things are beyond you.

The fact that you can't figure out why making an idiotic comment like this:
    "Because they like to enjoy a little thing called LIVING!!"

To this question:
    "Why aren't moderate Muslims speaking out against this?"

Shows you to be ignorant, a bigot or both. If you can't figure it out, I doubt that any amount of explanation will make any difference.

The fact that you cite an example of a single situation where no one was killed makes your comment all the more ridiculous.

Sorry, it seems I hit the, "I hate all christians and all who oppose the homosexual life style" button once again.

Here's another example of some things that are beyond you. For one, your assertion that I "hate all Christians" is false. For another your assertion that I hate "all who oppose the homosexual life style" is also false. Evidently it's easier to make baseless accusations than to admit that it's your hypocrisy that I find distasteful. Even though I've explained this to you at least a few times, it still seems to be beyond you. See if you can "grasp" it this time. You take this holier than thou attitude towards homosexuals and judge them unfit to be members of or leaders in your church because of what you deem to be sin. You take this attitude even thought you accept those with sins such as gluttony, greed, etc. in others and likely in yourself.

What are you but a fundamentalist Christian? Fundamentalist Christians have maimed and killed many over the centuries and continue to do so. Evidently your comment, "Typically, anyone who speaks out against these fundamanatlists are in danger of various penalties and potential physical harm and/or death" applies to you and your self-righteous group as well. With you yourself the penalty is ostracizing homosexuals from your church.
  8. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    26 Aug '09 00:153 edits
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    this is quite incredible, we did not write the words of the Bible, did we, we did not state that 'men who lie with men shall not inherit Gods kingdom', did we? its there in the Bible, if you want to elevate your sexual preference above the words of the Bible then that is good and fine for you, but if others would like to uphold it as the revealed Word of God, then it hardly qualifies them for bigotry, does it.
    What qualifies as bigotry is ostracizing homosexuals even though they allow themselves and others their own sins and "abominations".

If they're going to hide behind the Bible as the "revealed word of God" then they'd better apply it to the greedy, gluttons, liars, etc as well. They also better apply it to eaters of pork and shellfish, wearers of cloth made from more than one fiber such as cotton / polyester bends, etc. This picking and choosing passages that they deem to support their bigotry is nothing but hypocrisy.
  9. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    26 Aug '09 02:13
    [b]What I AM saying is that I know a moderate muslim man who lived in Africa at one point. While there he was often persetucted by his fundamentalist counterparts who accused he and his father of being infidels because they were moderate muslims. Typically, anyone who speaks out against these fundamanatlists are in danger of various penalties and poten ...[text shortened]... With you yourself the penalty is ostracizing homosexuals from your church.
    The painful truth of the matter is that there is a difference between fundamentalist Christians of today and fundamentalist Mulsims of today. For example, I can cite example after example of fundamentalist Muslims of today using violence and killing in the name of Allah but can you do so for fundamentalist Christians?

As for the bit about being a hypocrite and treating homosexuals any differnt than any one else, where do you get off accusing me of such things? In fact, I have a friend who is a homosexual and treat him no differently than I do anyone else, but that does not mean I agree with his lifestyle. Now we have discussed members in church openly sinning and I said something to the effect that if they continue to sin openly it should be dealt with as Paul indicated we should. In fact, Paul also did the same in his epistles to the church as he asked those in "error" to correct the behaviors indicated. Of course, this should be done in a spirit of love and not condemnation.
  10. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    26 Aug '09 02:441 edit
    The painful truth of the matter is that there is a difference between fundamentalist Christians of today and fundamentalist Mulsims of today. For example, I can cite example after example of fundamentalist Muslims of today using violence and killing in the name of Allah but can you do so for fundamentalist Christians?

As for the bit about being a hypocrit behaviors indicated. Of course, this should be done in a spirit of love and not condemnation.

Bombings of abortion clinics, murders of abortion workers, attacks on homosexuals, etc.

I imagine those things are "beyond" you also.

As for the bit about being a hypocrite and treating homosexuals any differnt than any one else, where do you get off accusing me of such things?

What part of the following didn't you understand?
    "You take this holier than thou attitude towards homosexuals and judge them unfit to be members of or leaders in your church because of what you deem to be sin. You take this attitude even thought you accept those with sins such as gluttony, greed, etc. in others and likely in yourself."

You hide behind Paul, yet ignore the words of Jesus:
    3 "Why do you look at the speck that is in your brother’s eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye? 4 Or how can you say to your brother, 'Let me take the speck out of your eye,' and behold, the log is in your own eye? 5 You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother’s eye."
  11. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    26 Aug '09 02:49
    Bombings of abortion clinics, murders of abortion workers, attacks on homosexuals, etc.
    Fair enough, but not to the extent it occurs in fundamentalist Islam. In fact, I see no fundamentalist terrorist organizations being run in the name of Christ, but I do see them rampant in Islam.
  12. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    26 Aug '09 02:52

You hide behind Paul, yet ignore the words of Jesus:
    3 "Why do you look at the speck that is in your brother’s eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye? 4 Or how can you say to your brother, 'Let me take the speck out of your eye,' and behold, the log is in your own eye? 5 You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother’s eye."[/b]
    But don't you see, if your plate is not clean you have no business telling others to clean their plate. So using this scripture you seem to be saying either that one never has a clean plate and, therefore, can never tell another to clean their plate, or you are saying that only Christians are sinners and only people holy like yourself can point out my faults without being a hypocrite in doing so. As for myself, I have not accused you of one thing, rather, I have only indicated that scripture condemns certain "sins" does it not?
  13. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    26 Aug '09 03:07
    Fair enough, but not to the extent it occurs in fundamentalist Islam. In fact, I see no fundamentalist terrorist organizations being run in the name of Christ, but I do see them rampant in Islam.
    You have eyes but cannot see.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_terrorism
  14. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    26 Aug '09 03:11
    But don't you see, if your plate is not clean you have no business telling others to clean their plate. So using this scripture you seem to be saying either that one never has a clean plate and, therefore, can never tell another to clean their plate, or you are saying that only Christians are sinners and only people holy like yourself can point out my faults ...[text shortened]... one thing, rather, I have only indicated that scripture condemns certain "sins" does it not?
    Once again: What part of the following didn't you understand?
    "You take this holier than thou attitude towards homosexuals and JUDGE them unfit to be members of or leaders in your church because of what you deem to be sin. You take this attitude even thought you accept those with sins such as gluttony, greed, etc. in others and likely in yourself."
  15. Cape Town
    Moves
    26 Aug '09 09:03
    So are all the bombings of abortion clinics that you accept take place carried out by individuals? I find that hard to believe.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree