1. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    23 Feb '10 12:231 edit
    Just found my monthly Awake! and Watchtower magazine on my doorstep. They never stop and chat anymore, just leave the literature and go. Stealth JW's.

I always give them a flick through and usually read the science piece in Awake! and then put them to be recycled. Although this months Awake! has some pure comedy gold lurking within.

The Bible's Viewpoint - Dating With a View to Marriage

Julie and Lee were dating and were determined to remain morally clean. But one evening when they were alone, their sexual feelings began to build. Fortunately, they came to their senses before going too far and commiting a serious wrong

Since when when did expressing love through the pysical act of sex become seriously wrong?

Early in their relationships, prudent couples agree on Scripturally appropriate expressions of affection and are determined to stay within those limits. To take liberties with each other or to be overconfident is like driving dangerously. It is too late to make resolutions about road safety when you are being pulled from out of a carwreck!

Sex is like driving dangerously? I'm not sure how JW's have sex, but sex to me is like sex.

Strange people.
  2. Cape Town
    Moves
    23 Feb '10 12:44
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    Since when when did expressing love through the pysical act of sex become seriously wrong?

Strange people.
    You seem to know very little about other cultures if you find that strange. Nearly everyone other than you believes that expressing love through the physical act of sex is seriously wrong in a large number of circumstances.
    I am fairly sure that you don't have sex with most members of your family despite loving them. I am fairly sure the same applies to friends of the same gender as you.
    Where you and the article writer may differ is under exactly what circumstances sex is right or wrong, and I think you would be hard pressed to justify your view as being superior in some way.
  3. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    23 Feb '10 12:56
    Just found my monthly Awake! and Watchtower magazine on my doorstep. They never stop and chat anymore, just leave the literature and go. Stealth JW's.

I always give them a flick through and usually read the science piece in Awake! and then put them to be recycled. Although this months Awake! has some pure comedy gold lurking within.

The Bible's Vi ...[text shortened]... dangerously? I'm not sure how JW's have sex, but sex to me is like sex.

Strange people.
    Methinks you jus' broke my trusty feers' Rabbie heart, and his inevitable posts will soon come in numbers;

Now, Driving Fast is (for the connoisseur) the Thrill of Driving itself (and after hardcore sex with the one/s you love it's amazing, that is -and BTW methinks the really happy couples never come to their senses before going together the farest possible).

People are indeed strange; and strange is to have people to tell you how you have to behave in your bedroom "...before going too far and commiting a serious wrong" blah blah blah oh the horror😵

May All Beings Be Happy (and enjoy sweet Life to the hilt)
    Nothing Holy😵
  4. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    23 Feb '10 13:02
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    You seem to know very little about other cultures if you find that strange. Nearly everyone other than you believes that expressing love through the physical act of sex is seriously wrong in a large number of circumstances.
    I am fairly sure that you don't have sex with most members of your family despite loving them. I am fairly sure the same applies to ...[text shortened]... rong, and I think you would be hard pressed to justify your view as being superior in some way.
    Are you feeling alright?

I've noticed you seem to have turned into 'Mr Badass' recently on the forums, which is very unlike you.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Feb '10 13:194 edits
    Originally posted by black beetle
    Methinks you jus' broke my trusty feers' Rabbie heart, and his inevitable posts will soon come in numbers;

Now, Driving Fast is (for the connoisseur) the Thrill of Driving itself (and after hardcore sex with the one/s you love it's amazing, that is -and BTW methinks the really happy couples never come to their senses before going together the farest he horror😵

May All Beings Be Happy (and enjoy sweet Life to the hilt)
    Nothing Holy😵
    yes beetle, it is almost too much for my weakened heart to take! Noobster was my greatest prodigy, i have taken him under my wing to teach him the rudiments of aesthetic chess, always looking for the most beautiful move and this is how he treats me. He has become Frankensteins monster and will soon devour me!

As for sex, he knows that we adhere to certain standards of morality and will not put our 'willie', where it does not belong!

It seems like my atheistic friends point of view may be summed up by Huxleys words, i quote

"I had motives for not wanting the world to have meaning, consequently assumed it had none, and was able without any difficulty to find satisfying reasons for this assumption . . The philosopher who finds no meaning in the world is not concerned exclusively with a problem in pure metaphysics; he is also concerned to prove there is no valid reason why he personally should not do as he wants to do . . For myself, as no doubt for most of my contemporaries, the philosophy of meaninglessness was essentially an instrument of liberation. The liberation we desired was simultaneously liberation from a certain political and economic system and liberation from a certain system of morality. We objected to the morality because it interfered with our sexual freedom." - Aldous Huxley,

holy blade of grass 🙂
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Feb '10 13:25

The Bible's Vi ...[text shortened]... dangerously? I'm not sure how JW's have sex, but sex to me is like sex.

Strange people.
    its a perfectly wonderful illustration, highlighting the dangers of pre marital sex (our standard of morality), in which, one who wishes to avoid the dangers of a literal crash, may indeed wish to avoid certain dangers associated with pre marital sex. Sexually transmitted diseases, unwanted pregnancies to name but two!
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Feb '10 13:351 edit

Strange people.
    dear Noobster i am honoured that you take the time to read them. Perhaps you were a little scary and the brothers felt a little intimidated. i have preached in Devon and people were really horrible to me! what did you think on the articles nature did it first, pretty cool init!
  8. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    23 Feb '10 13:55
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    its a perfectly wonderful illustration, highlighting the dangers of pre marital sex (our standard of morality), in which, one who wishes to avoid the dangers of a literal crash, may indeed wish to avoid certain dangers associated with pre marital sex. Sexually transmitted diseases, unwanted pregnancies to name but two!
    If people wish to avoid STD's and unwanted pregnancies, use a condom. Simple as that.

Secondly, unwanted pregnancies are hardly confined to unmarried couples.
  9. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    23 Feb '10 14:07
    I am fairly sure that you don't have sex with most members of your family despite loving them. I am fairly sure the same applies to ...[text shortened]... rong, and I think you would be hard pressed to justify your view as being superior in some way.
    I find it strange that people think they can dictate what goes on behind closed doors between consenting adults (within the confines of the law). Do you not? If you don't i'd like to read why. I can understand a theists position on this matter as there is a scriptural basis, i'm intrigued to what an atheists view would be.

I'll rephrase my statement -

Since when when did expressing love through the pysical act of sex between lovers, without breaking any national law become seriously wrong?

Who said i was trying to justify my views as being superior? I merely stated i found it strange. I find it strange that some people get their kicks in the bedroom from bondage and sado-masochism, that's not my scene but i don't think i'm superior than them.
  10. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    23 Feb '10 14:20
    Good post.

What is ironic is the juxtaposition of moral standards within a relatively short passage of time. Thirty years ago, the standard expressed by PK was considered, well, slutty and immoral. People clucked their tongues at such imprudence.

Flash forward three decades, and the slut now clucks at chastity? Moreover, without a hint of shame or remembrance? In a word, bizarre.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Feb '10 14:26
    If people wish to avoid STD's and unwanted pregnancies, use a condom. Simple as that.

Secondly, unwanted pregnancies are hardly confined to unmarried couples.
    yes but it has added implications for us dear Noobster, for abortion is simply out of the question.
  12. Joined
    07 Mar '09
    Moves
    23 Feb '10 22:33
    But I have to ask - without any interest in the details - who has actually followed these archaic restrictions? For myself, taught my children that love is love and sex is sex and treating yourself too cheaply may lead to bad feelings and despite the fact that they did make mistakes none were serious (unlike some of my neighbors who just said 'No.'😉

I like the advice of the wise women who advised Blackadder: "When I fancy people, I sleep with them. Oh, I have to drug them first of course!"
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Feb '10 22:53
    Originally posted by TerrierJack
    But I have to ask - without any interest in the details - who has actually followed these archaic restrictions? For myself, taught my children that love is love and sex is sex and treating yourself too cheaply may lead to bad feelings and despite the fact that they did make mistakes none were serious (unlike some of my neighbors who just said 'No.'😉

...[text shortened]... ackadder: "When I fancy people, I sleep with them. Oh, I have to drug them first of course!"
    we have, and guess what, we are happier for it. I would like to challenge the statement that they are archaic, in fact, i would state that they are more relevant now than ever they were. Perhaps you would like to tell the forum why chastity is no longer valuable in a person.
  14. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    23 Feb '10 23:02

Strange people.
    "Since when when did expressing love through the pysical act of sex become seriously wrong?"

When God said not to fornicate or commit adultury. Otherwise there's absolutely nothing wrong with showing love through intimate sex.

"Sex is like driving dangerously?"

Yes. Otherwise you're doing it wrong! 😉
  15. The Smoke
    Moves
    24 Feb '10 00:421 edit
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    we have, and guess what, we are happier for it. I would like to challenge the statement that they are archaic, in fact, i would state that they are more relevant now than ever they were. Perhaps you would like to tell the forum why chastity is no longer valuable in a person.
    speaking of archaic, has anyone seen Hitchens/Fry vs. the Catholic Church (can YouTube for it) discussion? now that's what I call archaic... chastity as a solution to AIDS problems in Africa.. were those guys for real ? Seriously !? even both of my late grannies were more forward thinking.. I say kudos to free condoms in the office buildings' loos (which I've seen in South Africa)

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree