1. Account suspended
    Moves
    25 Feb '10 21:22
    Originally posted by black beetle
    Oh it's my American friend chessisagame that has me on the run and I cannot find a way out, that's why I look perplexed😵

Well, a proposal of marriage is out of order because one can hardly beleive that a teenager has such a deep awareness that unables her/ him to choose the passion flower of her/ his heart so early. On the other hand, methinks it is ...[text shortened]... re amazed for they knew nothing -we had them informed a week before the date of the marriage😵
    and this is what i have been saying, young persons need to be friends first and foremost, these make the best relationships. 🙁

I did not know you had a motorcycle dear beetle. i had a go of a GPZ 650R at one point, killing machine, too fast and too light, like the old 'coolie', Yamaha RD 350. Too many crashes and near misses, one or two close friends gone from the earth 🙁
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    25 Feb '10 21:23
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    [b]Handing out condoms and stating, 'hey have safe sex', is hardly preventative nor practical

Yeah, cause that's exactly what happens in sex education classes.

I Googled 'safe sex myths', and nothing of any interest came up. Maybe you have something more specific in mind you'd like to show me.

Sex education is like handing out methadone? You've lost me on that one Rob.[/b]
    Methadone simply treats the immediate symptoms rather than the root cause.
  3. The Smoke
    Moves
    25 Feb '10 21:341 edit
    It just occurred to me that these abstinence programs that were implemented into American schools which were subsequently found to not work...
    not only not to work, it was a failure big time.. teenage pregnancy rates up etc, it was all over the media last year, I think it was finally hushly-hushly dropped by the GWB administration, all the countries with those silly 'abstinence' school sex education programs have failed...

p.s.
    if I had a degree in law, I'd probably sue the Catholic Church for all the lives lost in Africa to AIDS that could've otherwise been saved if safe sex was endorsed.
  4. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    25 Feb '10 22:40
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    You ever had an opiate addiction Rob? How would the Awake publishers treat such a problem?
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    25 Feb '10 22:51
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    You ever had an opiate addiction Rob? How would the Awake publishers treat such a problem?
    i tried it once, but the quality was not sufficiently good. Karoly there are very few drugs that i have not tried, believe me when say this, i am fortunate to be alive, some of my friends are not. The witnesses helped me no end, to which i shall always be eternally grateful.
  6. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    25 Feb '10 23:251 edit
    Yes, but it's more than that. It's also a way of monitoring and getting the heroin addiction under control.

Unfortunately it's more addictive than the heroin itself.
  7. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    26 Feb '10 08:37
    and this is what i have been saying, young persons need to be friends first and foremost, these make the best relationships. 🙁

I did not know you had a motorcycle dear beetle. i had a go of a GPZ 650R at one point, killing machine, too fast and too light, like the old 'coolie', Yamaha RD 350. Too many crashes and near misses, one or two close friends gone from the earth 🙁
    Oh I was blessed to ride too many -all of them SuperSport, and to own two racing ones (GSXR 400 RR SP and Aprilia RCR250). For some years in the '90s I was testing racing and SuperSport bikes and I was earning my life working as a testman and bikes editor for two Greek mags.
    Of course premarital sex was a standard -them lasses lav them leathers and a lil wee cracked open gaz, don't know why-, but I never entered any kind of danger (wi premarital sex, that is)
    😵
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Feb '10 09:19
    Oh I was blessed to ride too many -all of them SuperSport, and to own two racing ones (GSXR 400 RR SP and Aprilia RCR250). For some years in the '90s I was testing racing and SuperSport bikes and I was earning my life working as a testman and bikes editor for two Greek mags.
    Of course premarital sex was a standard -them lasses lav them leathers and a l ...[text shortened]... gaz, don't know why-, but I never entered any kind of danger (wi premarital sex, that is)
    😵
    vroom vroom, test rider and editor with chicks wanting to jump on the back of your motorcycle, , what a pure jammy job that is!
  9. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    26 Feb '10 09:48
    vroom vroom, test rider and editor with chicks wanting to jump on the back of your motorcycle, , what a pure jammy job that is!
    I had my share from everything, I had moments of pure joy and moments of pure horror and unsurmountable sorrow, wins and crashes and champaigne and funerals and marriages and single malt, I tasted the bitter turning down from a woman I loved and cohabited with for five years, I tasted the sweet marriage to my Maria, good friends I lost because of crashes and drugs and of stupid accidents, I entered a hospital prepared to have my left leg amputaded but the good doctor decided to risk and I worked hard along with him for 7 months and I became able to walk and to ride again although I could not run anymore, I lost precious time for nothing, I made huge mistakes, I worked in many different jobs, I travelled in Asia and America and Europe with four merchant ships for two years in the '80s as a radio operator officer, I discovered again the Immortal Game and I enjoy every day my puzzles and my games, I respect life and I am deeply thankful. I keep myself fully responsible for my actions and I have no excuses. When I am wrong I state clearly that I am sorry and I mean it.

But I still see nothing wrong with premarital sex😵
  10. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    26 Feb '10 09:59
    I had my share from everything, I had moments of pure joy and moments of pure horror and unsurmountable sorrow, wins and crashes and champaigne and funerals and marriages and single malt, I tasted the bitter turning down from a woman I loved and cohabited with for five years, I tasted the sweet marriage to my Maria, good friends I lost because of crashe ...[text shortened]... e clearly that I am sorry and I mean it.

mariage is just like turning 18. just a peice of paper really. Humans are really just infants when it comes to understanding what life is all about. Do i sound pretentious? Oh well, what are you going to do about it? You can always ignore my posts, but the fact remains, there is no proof to say married people are happier than unmarried people. It really seems not to have anything to do with it. Just a good look for the Jones' next door 😛
  11. Cape Town
    Moves
    26 Feb '10 10:421 edit
    Which is only a problem if the 'root cause' itself is a problem. If the symptoms alone are the problem, then treating them solves the problem.
    If premarital sex is bad because of a,b,c and d and condoms prevent a,b,c and d then problem solved.
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Feb '10 10:491 edit
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Which is only a problem if the 'root cause' itself is a problem. If the symptoms alone are the problem, then treating them solves the problem.
    If premarital sex is bad because of a,b,c and d and condoms prevent a,b,c and d then problem solved.
    self perpetuating myth, treating the symptoms does not solve the problem and indeed may even exacerbate it, as Noobster has shown, methadone is more addictive that Opiates.

As i have stated to you and others, you should do research on the actual effectiveness of condoms and then post in the forum. I myself have spared you the embarrassment of exposing the myth of safe sex, for there are never any guarantees.

Please state why getting married and keeping ones sexual exploits within the realms of ones marriage is not to be preferred than being sexually promiscuous under the ill advised guise that you can have so called safe sex?
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Feb '10 10:513 edits
    I had my share from everything, I had moments of pure joy and moments of pure horror and unsurmountable sorrow, wins and crashes and champaigne and funerals and marriages and single malt, I tasted the bitter turning down from a woman I loved and cohabited with for five years, I tasted the sweet marriage to my Maria, good friends I lost because of crashe e clearly that I am sorry and I mean it.

who has experienced life dear Beetle and come away without any battle scars? Nothing hurts like an unreciprocated love that once blossomed! Not even the amber nectar of the north can dull the pain.
  14. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    26 Feb '10 11:08
    self perpetuating myth, treating the symptoms does not solve the problem and indeed may even exacerbate it, as Noobster has shown, methadone is more addictive that Opiates.

As i have stated to you and others, you should do research on the actual effectiveness of condoms and then post in the forum. I myself have spared you the embarrassment of exp ...[text shortened]... han being sexually promiscuous under the ill advised guise that you can have so called safe sex?
    I have been with my current girlfriend for nearly 3 years, we arent' married and i don't really have any plans to marry. I don't cheat on her, she doesn't cheat on me. We have sex.

What and where are the 'dangers' here? Why would these dangers simply disappear if said 'i do', and sign a piece of paper?
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Feb '10 11:22
    I have been with my current girlfriend for nearly 3 years, we arent' married and i don't really have any plans to marry. I don't cheat on her, she doesn't cheat on me. We have sex.

What and where are the 'dangers' here? Why would these dangers simply disappear if said 'i do', and sign a piece of paper?
    would you be any worse off if you married the girl dear Noobster? Have you any reason not to marry the girl? No, other than your own personal preference. You are saying, why should i marry her, i am saying why not? This is something completely different to being sexually promiscuous which i think any sane and reasonable individual would claim has certain inherent dangers.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree