My Feb Awake! magazine just arrived.

My Feb Awake! magazine just arrived.

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rc

Moves
25 Feb 10

Originally posted by black beetle
In my world the parents have the responsibility to notice that their teenager likes another and that both children are heading towards a relationship that is something more than a common friendship. The parents of both the children should be well aware of the intentions of their young ones and they should keep a close eye on them -but a marriage proposa ...[text shortened]... Christians and them Indians free to enjoy yer way regarding this matter the way ye please
😵
seeing that you are perhaps perplexed or perhaps have even better things to do, i will press you no further dear beetle, why would a proposal of marriage be out of the question? All the kids have to do is ask their parents and its done. Is it a purely cultural thing? When you were first in love with your Maria, did you not seek her hand in marriage from her father or mother or relative? Did he not look at you sternly up and down then seeing the love that was in Marias eyes, grasp you by the hand and bid you a life of happiness, health and prosperity?

rc

Moves
25 Feb 10

Originally posted by Proper Knob
Fair enough.

But you didn't answer my question about whether it is irresponsible to pursue a policy that doesn't work?
yes its mental!

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
25 Feb 10

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
yes its mental!
So in your view abstinence isn't the way forward, safe-sex education with an emphasis on contraception isn't the way forward. Instead the authorities should pursue a policy of scaring young people about the 'dangers' of pre-marital sex and tell everyone to get married?

rc

Moves
25 Feb 10
2 edits

So in your view abstinence isn't the way forward, safe-sex education with an emphasis on contraception isn't the way forward. Instead the authorities should pursue a policy of scaring young people about the 'dangers' of pre-marital sex and tell everyone to get married?
nope you misrepresent what i say once again! i have made my stance quite clear, young persons should be instilled with a sense of responsibility, educated on the moral, emotional, physical and spiritual pitfalls and dangers associated with pre marital sex. Its a nonsense to assume that so called safe sex education 'works', for there are never any guarantees. We have solved the problem by tackling it on a spiritual basis, yes there are those who ignore the advice, but they cannot say that they have not been educated and given guidance.

Black Beastie

Scheveningen

Moves
25 Feb 10

seeing that you are perhaps perplexed or perhaps have even better things to do, i will press you no further dear beetle, why would a proposal of marriage be out of the question? All the kids have to do is ask their parents and its done. Is it a purely cultural thing? When you were first in love with your Maria, did you not seek her hand in marriage ...[text shortened]... as in Marias eyes, grasp you by the hand and bid you a life of happiness, health and prosperity?
Oh it's my American friend chessisagame that has me on the run and I cannot find a way out, that's why I look perplexed😵

Well, a proposal of marriage is out of order because one can hardly beleive that a teenager has such a deep awareness that unables her/ him to choose the passion flower of her/ his heart so early. On the other hand, methinks it is false to push two teenagers to get married just in order to let them enjoy sex.

I felt in love with my Maria from the very first time I saw her in September 1996. She liked me as much as I liked her and we became perfect friends -and we still are, we share everything and we never keep secrets from each other. We were dating every night for four months, and it all came perfectly a day after Christmas. We were flying low and hard and after some months we decided to live together; I left my apartment, I picked my leathers and my beloved GSXR and I started enjoying sweet life by her side. On May 1998 I traded my Gitanes International Suzuki for a superb sofa (of her choice). On June 1998 we were married in the town hall. Our parents were amazed for they knew nothing -we had them informed a week before the date of the marriage😵

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
25 Feb 10
1 edit

nope you misrepresent what i say once again! i have made my stance quite clear, young persons should be instilled with a sense of responsibility, educated on the moral, emotional, physical and spiritual pitfalls and dangers associated with pre marital sex. Its a nonsense to assume that so called safe sex education 'works', for there are never any gu ...[text shortened]... ho ignore the advice, but they cannot say that they have not been educated and given guidance.
I haven't misrepresented anything. I have the article infront of me, it's based on projecting fear.

You agree with me abstinence doesn't work, and you believe sex education with an emphasis on contraceptions doesn't work. You believe people should get married, you even said earlier -

not that you should abstain, but that you should find someone to marry

Safe sex works if people follow the rules, i would go through the mechanics of how a condom works but i'm sure you understand.

You claim to have solved the problem on a 'spiritual basis', yet admit it doesn't work if people ignore the advice. Surely that's the same with contraception? If you follow the rules the 'dangers' are eliminated?

rc

Moves
25 Feb 10
1 edit

why dont we tell the forum about some of the myths associated with so called 'safe sex' dear Noobster? here let me start you off

Despite much publicity in favour of “safe sex” and the use of condoms to avoid contracting AIDS, doctors are beginning to question the wisdom of such advice. A medical report appearing in the Paris newspaper Le Figaro says that although condoms offer men a measure of protection against AIDS, they offer women much less protection because an infected partner can easily contaminate a condom’s outer surface. Women are also especially at risk of being infected during menstruation and when they have any form of vaginal infection or lesion. Statistically, condoms now appear to be less than 69 percent effective in protecting women against AIDS. Commenting on this reduced “safety” factor, one doctor observed: “What would we say about an airplane that had only a 69-percent chance of not crashing in a year?”

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
25 Feb 10

why dont we tell the forum about some of the myths associated with so called 'safe sex' dear Noobster? here let me start you off

Despite much publicity in favour of “safe sex” and the use of condoms to avoid contracting AIDS, doctors are beginning to question the wisdom of such advice. A medical report appearing in the Paris newspaper Le Figaro s ...[text shortened]... t would we say about an airplane that had only a 69-percent chance of not crashing in a year?”
Can you post the source please Rob?

rc

Moves
25 Feb 10

Can you post the source please Rob?
Paris newspaper Le Figaro

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
25 Feb 10

nope you misrepresent what i say once again! i have made my stance quite clear, young persons should be instilled with a sense of responsibility, educated on the moral, emotional, physical and spiritual pitfalls and dangers associated with pre marital sex. Its a nonsense to assume that so called safe sex education 'works', for there are never any gu ...[text shortened]... ho ignore the advice, but they cannot say that they have not been educated and given guidance.
It just occurred to me that these abstinence programs that were implemented into American schools which were subsequently found to not work, and which you called 'mental', are the same as what you are suggesting. Abstinence based on scripture until marriage.

They don't work and you called the continuation of them mental.

You just called your own views mental.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
25 Feb 10

Paris newspaper Le Figaro
I'm thinking more along the lines of the scientific peer reviewd paper that these stats would've come from.

rc

Moves
25 Feb 10
1 edit

It just occurred to me that these abstinence programs that were implemented into American schools which were subsequently found to not work, and which you called 'mental', are the same as what you are suggesting. Abstinence based on scripture until marriage.

They don't work and you called the continuation of them mental.

You just called your own views mental.
not quite, for there is no motivational basis for them to implement them, infact, quite the contrary is true. its the same as giving drug addicts methadone. We on the other hand by instilling a sense of responsibility, are pro actively dealing with prevention of the ills which may follow rather than trying to cure the incurable. we are treating the whole person if you like, rather than simply trying to ally the symptoms. Handing out condoms and stating, 'hey have safe sex', is hardly preventative nor practical. Just have a google at, 'safe sex myths', if you dont believe me.

rc

Moves
25 Feb 10
1 edit

I'm thinking more along the lines of the scientific peer reviewd paper that these stats would've come from.
are doctors not now adequately qualified to speak on the effects of certain modes of conduct and how they effect their patients?

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
25 Feb 10

are doctors not now adequately qualified to speak on the effects of certain modes of conduct and how they effect their patients?
Yes.

But the text said a 'medical report', that's what i would like to read.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
25 Feb 10

not quite, for there is no motivational basis for them to implement them, infact, quite the contrary is true. its the same as giving drug addicts methadone. We on the other hand by instilling a sense of responsibility, are pro actively dealing with prevention of the ills which may follow rather than trying to cure the incurable. we are treating th ...[text shortened]... reventative nor practical. Just have a google at, 'safe sex myths', if you dont believe me.
Handing out condoms and stating, 'hey have safe sex', is hardly preventative nor practical

Yeah, cause that's exactly what happens in sex education classes.

I Googled 'safe sex myths', and nothing of any interest came up. Maybe you have something more specific in mind you'd like to show me.

Sex education is like handing out methadone? You've lost me on that one Rob.