1. Account suspended
    Moves
    24 Feb '10 00:49
    Originally posted by Renars
    speaking of archaic, has anyone seen Hitchens/Fry vs. the Catholic Church (can YouTube for it) discussion? now that's what I call archaic... chastity as a solution to AIDS problems in Africa.. were those guys for real ? Seriously !? even both of my late grannies were more forward thinking.. I say kudos to free condoms in the office buildings' loos (which I've seen in South Africa)
    if my dear friend, persons had remained loyal to their marriage partners, had not engaged in illicit sexual activities then do you think that the spread of this disease would have been seriously curtailed? Please explain.
  2. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    24 Feb '10 03:34
    speaking of archaic, has anyone seen Hitchens/Fry vs. the Catholic Church (can YouTube for it) discussion? now that's what I call archaic... chastity as a solution to AIDS problems in Africa.. were those guys for real ? Seriously !? even both of my late grannies were more forward thinking.. I say kudos to free condoms in the office buildings' loos (which I've seen in South Africa)
    KOOL AID ALERT

KOOL AID ALERT

Do NOT drink the liquid solution being distributed in 55 gallon drums.
  3. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    24 Feb '10 04:45
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    yes beetle, it is almost too much for my weakened heart to take! Noobster was my greatest prodigy, i have taken him under my wing to teach him the rudiments of aesthetic chess, always looking for the most beautiful move and this is how he treats me. He has become Frankensteins monster and will soon devour me!

As for sex, he knows that we adhere to ...[text shortened]... cause it interfered with our sexual freedom."
    - Aldous Huxley,

holy blade of grass ๐Ÿ™‚[/b]
    Oh Huxley!

I am indifferent, my trusty feer, whether this world has a meaning or not because this question is meaningless. So I have no motives for wanting or not wanting the world to have meaning, and consequently I assumed that I can find satisfaction in Life and in this world without any difficulty regardless of this assumption for I know how satisfaction manifests itself, I know how the avoidance of satisfaction manifests itself and I know how can I transcend both satisfaction and the avoidance of satisfaction.

The fact that I find no meaning in the world is not concerned at all with a problem in pure metaphysics; I am not at all concerned to prove there is no valid reason why I personally should not do as I want to do, for there is really no separation between my self and the world.

My philosophy is not an instrument of liberation; the liberation I desire is my liberation of my own delusions. And I transcended this desire of mine too, for I am aware of the existence of this desire, of the non-existence of this desire and of the origins of their manifestation. I know it ‘s only me. And methinks Huxleys’ liberation “from a certain political and economic system and liberation from a certain system of morality” is bonkers, for he was high on psychedelics and therefore he was delusional, thus he was never liberated from his delusions. Once Huxley states he objected to the morality because it interfered with his sexual freedom, methinks Huxley merely states he is not the captain of his soul
    ๐Ÿ˜ต
  4. Joined
    30 Aug '06
    Moves
    24 Feb '10 04:48
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    Just found my monthly Awake! and Watchtower magazine on my doorstep. They never stop and chat anymore, just leave the literature and go. Stealth JW's.

I always give them a flick through and usually read the science piece in Awake! and then put them to be recycled. Although this months Awake! has some pure comedy gold lurking within.

The Bible's Vi ...[text shortened]... dangerously? I'm not sure how JW's have sex, but sex to me is like sex.

Strange people.
    Yeah, those non sex havin crazy kids. I waited until I found a willing partner. ๐Ÿ˜• ๐Ÿ˜ž

So what's the deal here, you think they're nerds for waiting until marriage?
  5. Cape Town
    Moves
    24 Feb '10 04:54
    Are you feeling alright?

I've noticed you seem to have turned into 'Mr Badass' recently on the forums, which is very unlike you.
    I apologize if I came across as 'Mr Badass'. I am just pointing out that your criticism of people who believe sex outside marriage to be wrong needs more justification than:

Since when when did expressing love through the pysical act of sex become seriously wrong?
  6. Cape Town
    Moves
    24 Feb '10 05:20
    I find it strange that people think they can dictate what goes on behind closed doors between consenting adults (within the confines of the law). Do you not? If you don't i'd like to read why. I can understand a theists position on this matter as there is a scriptural basis, i'm intrigued to what an atheists view would be.
    When and where sex is acceptable is largely a cultural matter. There are plenty of good reasons in various cultures for restrictions - and plenty of bad reasons. You mention "without breaking any national law", but surely national law is a critical part of the discussion - as it is largely based on customs and is one of the means by which people hope to dictate what goes on behind closed doors. Almost all countries have at least some laws about when and where sex takes place - including when it is behind closed doors.
    Your statement seemed to be implying that it is somehow obvious that sex is always acceptable unless a national law is broken yet this is clearly not the case from a moral standpoint. (We are talking about 'seriously wrong' not 'illegal' ).

But most importantly, I am sure you are aware that the vast majority of Christians believe sex outside marriage to be at a minimum morally shady, yet you act like it is something you have only just come across, is unique to JWs and is hilarious.
  7. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    24 Feb '10 05:37
    Originally posted by black beetle
    Oh Huxley!

I am indifferent, my trusty feer, whether this world has a meaning or not because this question is meaningless. So I have no motives for wanting or not wanting the world to have meaning, and consequently I assumed that I can find satisfaction in Life and in this world without any difficulty regardless of this assumption for I know how sat ...[text shortened]... red with his sexual freedom, methinks Huxley merely states he is not the captain of his soul
    ๐Ÿ˜ต
    I think I get it: you've crossed the goal line (which doesn't exist) and have found completion (which doesn't exist) and are now content in the knowledge (which may exist) that all of it (which doesn't exist) really means...
    nothing (which doesn't exist).

Gee, why did we even try?
  8. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    24 Feb '10 05:39
    LOL They did not try to charge you for the awake?? That is good LOL ๐Ÿ™‚

Problem is with sex as a teenager is you will not stop. While I believe as RC does for the most part what is the reality? I would rather have teenagers have condoms/birthcontrol than the alternatives of teenage pregnancy or worse abortions. I have to agree though what consenting adults want to do is their business.

Manny
  9. The Smoke
    Moves
    24 Feb '10 07:031 edit
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    if my dear friend, persons had remained loyal to their marriage partners, had not engaged in illicit sexual activities then do you think that the spread of this disease would have been seriously curtailed? Please explain.
    dear Robbie.. please, do your research at least.
    "if.. persons had remained loyal to their marriage partners.."
    not talking about marriage here...

besides they may have contracted it before marriage... your argument, while kind of valid, is rather flawed. it's just that the Catholic Church stance on this issue, especially in Africa, is BEYOND me...
  10. The Smoke
    Moves
    24 Feb '10 07:061 edit
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    KOOL AID ALERT

KOOL AID ALERT

Do NOT drink the liquid solution being distributed in 55 gallon drums.
    when you're about to crack a joke make sure it's not US specific..
  11. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    24 Feb '10 07:24
    I think I get it: you've crossed the goal line (which doesn't exist) and have found completion (which doesn't exist) and are now content in the knowledge (which may exist) that all of it (which doesn't exist) really means...

Your sixth cannot grasp it๐Ÿ˜ต
  12. Cape Town
    Moves
    24 Feb '10 09:58
    Chastity does prevent AIDS to a large degree. Getting people to implement the solution is the problem. The Catholic Church's main error has been in rejecting the use of condoms - for reasons other than chastity and in so doing ignoring the fact that many people are promiscuous.
    I must point out though that it is not just the Catholic Church who are against condoms, I have heard that some of the condom shortages in East Africa were due to pressure from US based pentecostals.
  13. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulรคrer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    24 Feb '10 10:04
    when you're about to crack a joke make sure it's not US specific..
    The Kool Aid leaked into the groundwater; it's everywhere.
  14. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    24 Feb '10 10:18
    Originally posted by black beetle
    Oh Huxley!

I am indifferent, my trusty feer, whether this world has a meaning or not because this question is meaningless. So I have no motives for wanting or not wanting the world to have meaning, and consequently I assumed that I can find satisfaction in Life and in this world without any difficulty regardless of this assumption for I know how sat ...[text shortened]... red with his sexual freedom, methinks Huxley merely states he is not the captain of his soul
    ๐Ÿ˜ต
    Well put, beetle!
    On the postitive side Huxly can be a great example of the intellectual and metaphysical trappings of the 'world'. His erudite body of work is a great refrence for humans and their failings. Fiction and non-fiction alike.
    I have a great deal of admiration for writers like Huxly, although as you point out, his stance(s) has it short-comings ,however, he is ever so concise about stating his views and his honest approach is essential to trying to learn about our own lives and potential life mistakes.
    Why are there 84000 sutras? Because there are 84000 follies!
  15. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    24 Feb '10 10:20

Because of the journey. Its the main thing. The destination is not important

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree