1. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    26 Feb '10 11:24
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    mariage is just like turning 18. just a peice of paper really. Humans are really just infants when it comes to understanding what life is all about. Do i sound pretentious? Oh well, what are you going to do about it? You can always ignore my posts, but the fact remains, there is no proof to say married people are happier than unmarried people. It really seems not to have anything to do with it. Just a good look for the Jones' next door ๐Ÿ˜›
    Clear;

I don' t ignore your posts๐Ÿ˜ต
  2. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    26 Feb '10 11:45
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    who has experienced life dear Beetle and come away without any battle scars? Nothing hurts like an unreciprocated love that once blossomed! Not even the amber nectar of the north can dull the pain.
    I am aware of the way the pain manifests itself and of the fact that the pain itself is not a pleasure; I am aware of the way the cessation of the pain manifests itself and of the fact that the cessasion of pain itself is a pleasure; and I am aware of the fact that my liberation from both pleasure and pain is itself the cornerstone of my liberation
    ๐Ÿ˜ต
  3. Cape Town
    Moves
    26 Feb '10 11:54
    self perpetuating myth, treating the symptoms does not solve the problem
    I have pointed out that in some instances treating the symptoms does solve the problem. Calling it a myth is not a counter argument, nor does presenting an example that does not fit my claim.

As i have stated to you and others, you should do research on the actual effectiveness of condoms and then post in the forum.
    Then condoms do not treat the symptoms adequately. That does not support your claim that the root cause must be treated, it only suggests that better treatment of the symptoms may be necessary. For example better hygiene, HIV tests prior to and during a relationship, various birth control methods etc. Not one of the problems being treated with condoms are 'cured' by marriage.

I myself have spared you the embarrassment of exposing the myth of safe sex, for there are never any guarantees.
    In other words you don't have any facts to back up your claims so you pretend they are 'embarrassing'. Why would they be embarrassing?

Please state why getting married and keeping ones sexual exploits within the realms of ones marriage is not to be preferred than being sexually promiscuous under the ill advised guise that you can have so called safe sex?
    I haven't made any such claim, and I suspect that nobody else on the thread has either. I haven't even used the phrase 'safe sex'.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Feb '10 12:031 edit
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    I have pointed out that in some instances treating the symptoms does solve the problem. Calling it a myth is not a counter argument, nor does presenting an example that does not fit my claim.

[b]As i have stated to you and others, you should do research on the actual effectiveness of condoms and then post in the forum.

Then condoms do not treat th t that nobody else on the thread has either. I haven't even used the phrase 'safe sex'.[/b]
    I have pointed out that in some instances treating the symptoms does solve the problem.

simply stating something is hardly conducive to establishing a point, please tell the forum what experience you have of treating symptoms and getting rid of the problem?

In other words you don't have any facts to back up your claims so you pretend they are 'embarrassing'.

please go back and read the post, i quoted a medical report from Paris Newspaper, La Figaro, plus there are lots of pages on the internet, you just might like to google, 'safe sex myths', before engaging your fingers on the keyboard. Your allegation of 'no facts', is pure bumf.
  5. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    26 Feb '10 12:09
    would you be any worse off if you married the girl dear Noobster? Have you any reason not to marry the girl? No, other than your own personal preference. You are saying, why should i marry her, i am saying why not? This is something completely different to being sexually promiscuous which i think any sane and reasonable individual would claim has certain inherent dangers.
    Rob, you've moved the goal posts.

The article was titled 'Dating - With a View to Marriage', no mention of sexual promiscuity anywhere. Yes there are certain risks if you're going around sleeping with people left right and centre, but that's not what the article is about. So are these dangers only associated with pre-marital sex if you are promiscuous?

Why shouldn't i marry?

1. It's a ball ache.
    2. It costs a fortune, and we feel the money would be better spent elsewhere.
    3. We don't want to.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Feb '10 12:363 edits
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    Rob, you've moved the goal posts.

The article was titled 'Dating - With a View to Marriage', no mention of sexual promiscuity anywhere. Yes there are certain risks if you're going around sleeping with people left right and centre, but that's not what the article is about. So are these dangers only associated with pre-marital sex if you are prom a fortune, and we feel the money would be better spent elsewhere.
    3. We don't want to.
    I see dear Noobster, please forgive me, i did not realise we were still on the original subject, there are so many different thoughts that its hard to keep track of them. No, the dangers are moral, but because you are an atheist i have spared you the moral implications, which mean nothing to you, instead, trying to focus on the purely physical dangers, teenage pregnancies, sexually transmitted diseases etc, in an attempt to refute this, you introduced so called safe sex, i have pointed out that is not a fail safe measure.

Now to marraige,

1. It need not be expensive, i have been to lots of weddings, as you can imagine, i tell you this truthfully, the best ones were not in hotels, nor where the caterers did everything, but were done on a shoestring and the couple simply hired a hall and invited all their friends to dance and eat a buffet. Everyone brought a dish and everyone was happy. The kids could run around without the fear of spilling or breaking anything, they were awesome, all this hiring a Scottish castle, hiring caterers, dinner for 250 people, flying to Australia or the Caribbean, three change of dresses, is all nonsense. Its puts young couples under financial pressure for what, one day. My friend shall be marrying a lady from Cheltenham, it shall be dinner for family and friends only, and that is it. 10 people max.

2.It is your personal preference, i agree, and its pointless me going on about the moral implications, for we have different morality.

3.You could get to wear a kilt, nae underwear, just think what you would be like as you danced to the fiddle, old ladies fainting under the sight of it, the fresh feel of the summer air on your bum cheeks, unhindered by boxer shorts. something to think about my friend. ๐Ÿ™‚
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Feb '10 12:37
    Originally posted by black beetle
    I am aware of the way the pain manifests itself and of the fact that the pain itself is not a pleasure; I am aware of the way the cessation of the pain manifests itself and of the fact that the cessasion of pain itself is a pleasure; and I am aware of the fact that my liberation from both pleasure and pain is itself the cornerstone of my liberation
    ๐Ÿ˜ต
    is that pure Zen man! ๐Ÿ™‚
  8. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    26 Feb '10 13:53
    Clear;

I don' t ignore your posts๐Ÿ˜ต
    Oh crap! Hell no! You certainly do my posts a service. Thank you always...I was just kind of thinking without realizing I was typing.

Geez ,I'd rather have them there junkies on the methadone program rather than breakin into my house for their next fix.
    As much as we see the ideals in life (Robbie) we gots to remember the realities. and I imagine they are the same in Europe as they are here in OZ.
  9. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    26 Feb '10 14:07
    is that pure Zen man! ๐Ÿ™‚
    I love the kilt; if I were a Scot -Long Live Clan Fraser- I would wear it all the time๐Ÿ˜ต
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Feb '10 14:09
    I love the kilt; if I were a Scot -Long Live Clan Fraser- I would wear it all the time๐Ÿ˜ต
    you are as much Scot as anyone Beetle, for you embody the spirit of Scotsmen. ๐Ÿ™‚
  11. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    26 Feb '10 14:24
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Oh crap! Hell no! You certainly do my posts a service. Thank you always...I was just kind of thinking without realizing I was typing.

Geez ,I'd rather have them there junkies on the methadone program rather than breakin into my house for their next fix.
    As much as we see the ideals in life (Robbie) we gots to remember the realities. and I imagine they are the same in Europe as they are here in OZ.
    Rgr;

Hard drugs stink and once you are hooked it's hard to break free. Nobody actually cares for the junkies, and the longer the junkies don't care about themselves the longest hooked they remain. Ruined lifes for nothing.

Methadone is a casual solution, for some works and for some doesn't -and your point is correct. Methinks one has to create his own rainbow to Valhalla out of his own mind and not with his harpoon; but such a concept is a wee hard to be communicated to a broken down angel that took the shape of a stinky and miserable junkie ready to do everything for his fix; and since sometimes such a broken down angel gets loco and causes harm, we ...overcome the problem by keeping them high on methadone. Cheap and easy.

Who's bad?
    ๐Ÿ˜ต
  12. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    26 Feb '10 14:25
    you are as much Scot as anyone Beetle, for you embody the spirit of Scotsmen. ๐Ÿ™‚
    I had the feeling Scotsmen are loco big time๐Ÿ˜ต
  13. Cape Town
    Moves
    26 Feb '10 14:48
    please go back and read the post, i quoted a medical report from Paris Newspaper, La Figaro, plus there are lots of pages on the internet, you just might like to google, 'safe sex myths', before engaging your fingers on the keyboard. Your allegation of 'no facts', is pure bumf.
    So when you said: "I myself have spared you the embarrassment of exposing the myth of safe sex" did I misunderstand you? What did you mean?
  14. Cape Town
    Moves
    26 Feb '10 14:54
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    Why shouldn't i marry?

1. It's a ball ache.
    2. It costs a fortune, and we feel the money would be better spent elsewhere.
    3. We don't want to.
    Big weddings cost a fortune, marriage itself doesn't (unless you are significantly richer than her).
    What marriage does do is:
    1. Provide legal protection to the two of you and your children.
    2. It is a formal promise of a permanent relationship - whether you stick to the promise is another matter.
    3. It involves both your families in your relationship.

Of course you may have good reasons for not wanting any of the above.
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Feb '10 14:581 edit
    I had the feeling Scotsmen are loco big time๐Ÿ˜ต
    its true, all mental, as speedy Gonzalez says, 'i like your putty cat fellow, hes loco in the cabesa!', But it seems our Greek sisters are just like our Scottish ones, our friend Ulysses sneaked out on an innocent and virtuous mission to post some analysis from an internet cafe late last night and he was captured and got busted!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree