1. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    21 Oct '15 20:58
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    no silly, i mean the text of an article 😀
    Indeed sir. But my joke required a misunderstanding.
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    21 Oct '15 21:58
    You did not ask 'if', there is no 'if' in your statement, here is your statement quoted verbatim,

You agree with me then? - divesgeester

It contains no 'if 'and is an assumption, the assumption being that I agree with you. You were asked to refrain from assuming anything politely. There was no aggression. You have attempted to use these two ...[text shortened]... would be more than pleased if you left the thread for people that do want to discuss that topic.
    It contains a question mark which is normally an indication that what is written is a question.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    21 Oct '15 22:01
    Will you try to refrain from assuming anything. I have neither agreed nor disagreed with you, I have merely acknowledged your interpretation.
    Do you are with it at all?
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    22 Oct '15 06:04
    Will you try to refrain from assuming anything. I have neither agreed nor disagreed with you, I have merely acknowledged your interpretation.
    Do you agree with what I said? If not why not?
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Oct '15 07:041 edit
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Do you agree with what I said? If not why not?
    I have made my position clear to you, i neither agree or disagree merely being content to have acknowledged it. Please do not ask me the same questions again and again, its very tedious yo have to repeat the same answer again and again.

Furthermore you have presented no compelling reason why anyone should accept your assertion.

Lastly you are attempting to construct a false dilemma.

A false dilemma is a type of informal fallacy that involves a situation in which only limited alternatives are considered, when in fact there is at least one additional option.

Why you need to construct these type of logical fallacies is known only to you.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Oct '15 08:49
    robbie, do you ever behave like this when someone asks you a question when you're on their doorstep?
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Oct '15 10:09
    But when it came to describing Jesus’ death scene itself, another text was particularly important: Psalm 22. In addition to showing how Jesus dies “according to the scriptures,” it also is an eloquent presentation of the suffering of an innocent one who suffers precisely because of his faithfulness to God’s will, and of someone who is ultimately vindicated by God.

To begin with, we should understand Jesus’ cry from the cross exactly as it stands. He makes his own the prayer of the psalmist, an innocent man who is suffering because of his fidelity to God’s will in his life. As I have already explained, these are not words of despair but an expression of faith.

http://www.americancatholic.org/Messenger/Apr2004/Feature1.asp

An interesting perspective which I read it correctly seeks to imply that Christs crying out with the words, 'My God, My God why have you forsaken me', as an act of faith rather than one of despair and felling abandoned. I am not entirely convinced by it although it is a plausible perspective. What is worthy to note is that many of these interpretations of Jesus state of mind are not explicitly derived from the verse or its context but rely a large degree on conjecture.
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Oct '15 10:132 edits
    here is another interesting perspective from my own denomination.

Did Jesus’ words “my God, my God, why have you forsaken me?” indicate a lack of faith on his part? No. While we cannot be sure of Jesus’ motives for saying this, his words may indicate that Jesus recognized that Jehovah had taken His protection away so that His Son’s integrity could be fully tested. It is also possible that Jesus said this because he wanted to fulfill what Psalm 22:1 foretold regarding him.—Matt. 27:46.

So it may well have been an act of faith after all.

The idea of withdrawing protection does of course have a precedent in scripture with God having removed his protection from Job in order that the Devil could not use it as a pretext against Jobs integrity. This is important for legalistic reasons, because Adam was of course a perfect man like Christ but failed to keep his integrity under test, whereas Christ also perfect proved that even under the most trying of circumstances a perfect man was able to keep his integrity. The implication is of course that Adam therefore deliberately transgressed and must be held accountable.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    22 Oct '15 14:54
    Lastly you are attempting to construct a false dilemma.

A false dilemma is a type of informal fallacy that involves a situation in which only limited alternatives are considered, when in fact there is at least one additional option.
    How is me asking if you if agree or not a "false dilemma"?

Don't you want to debate this topic?

Why are you behaving so furtively?
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    22 Oct '15 14:56
    Originally posted by FMF
    robbie, do you ever behave like this when someone asks you a question when you're on their doorstep?
    Is it just me who thinks robbie is being a little strange here...?
  11. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    22 Oct '15 16:30
    Is it just me who thinks robbie is being a little strange here...?
    Here, as in, on Earth?
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Oct '15 17:541 edit
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    Here, as in, on Earth?
    LOL, hes wired man, to da moon! 😀
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    22 Oct '15 18:463 edits
    Here, as in, on Earth?
    I've noticed how you sometimes like to give Robbie an "out" on occasions. As you can see it wins you points with him; shame they aren't worth anything except in devaluing your own RHP credibility.
  14. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    22 Oct '15 19:03
    I've notice how you sometimes like to give Robbie an "out" on occasions. As you can see it wins you points with him; shame they aren't worth anything except in devaluing your own RHP credibility.
    Think of me as a pin sir to your hot air balloon, to save your own RHP credibility from depreciation.
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    22 Oct '15 19:31
    Think of me as a pin sir...
    I'll avoid the obvious retort.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree