I'll avoid the obvious retort.
    Always good to avoid the obvious.
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 Oct '15 02:15
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    LOL, hes wired man, to da moon! 😀
    If you don't want to discuss the topic why don't you start a blog about it instead.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Oct '15 06:16
    Originally posted by divegeester
    If you don't want to discuss the topic why don't you start a blog about it instead.
    The thread is actually about the words of Christ, if you have anything to say about them then let it be heard.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 Oct '15 06:43
    The thread is actually about the words of Christ, if you have anything to say about them then let it be heard.
    I think that for Jesus to carry the burden of sin he had to do it completely alone and in his humanity. What are you thoughts on that?
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Oct '15 06:59
    I think that for Jesus to carry the burden of sin he had to do it completely alone and in his humanity. What are you thoughts on that?
    I am not sure it makes any sense. Are you saying that this was the reason he cried out? What evidence do you have that this was the reason he cried out?
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 Oct '15 13:43
    I am not sure it makes any sense. Are you saying that this was the reason he cried out? What evidence do you have that this was the reason he cried out?
    Do the words that Jesus' spoke count as evidence?

You asked "Why [do people] think Christ was compelled to cry out?"

Do you sincerely believe that 'because his human side cried out in despair' does "not make any sense" as a reason?
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 Oct '15 13:50
    What part of Jesus crying out because he was alone in his humanity of the cross, doesn't make sense? What other evidence do I need than "he cried out"?

You asked for thoughts on why he cried out and I've provided you with mine. If you don't want to discuss this topic you should consider posting a blog instead of a thread asking for comments.

😕
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    23 Oct '15 14:171 edit
    One of the most poignant clips in art cinema is a scene from 'A Winter light' directed by Ingmar Bergman. A semi crippled believer self identifies with Christ's physical pain but expresses the idea that the emotional pain of being abandoned by his disciples and seemingly abandoned by God was even more acute. It was Gods silence that made the Christ c ...[text shortened]... verse. Perhaps someone would like to comment on why they think Christ was compelled to cry out?
    What did you say ?

' (My own denomination Jehovahs Witnesses)

This is unusual for a Watchtower student to speak this way. I don't think that in times past any Watchtower student would say that the JWs were a "denomination."
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Oct '15 14:311 edit
    Originally posted by sonship
    What did you say ?

' (My own denomination Jehovahs Witnesses)

This is unusual for a Watchtower student to speak this way. I don't think that in times past any Watchtower student would say that the JWs were a "denomination."
    They are my own words. Have you anything to say on the verse in question? if so could you express it succinctly.
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Oct '15 14:384 edits
    What part of Jesus crying out because he was alone in his humanity of the cross, doesn't make sense? What other evidence do I need than "he cried out"?

You asked for thoughts on why he cried out and I've provided you with mine. If you don't want to discuss this topic you should consider posting a blog instead of a thread asking for comments.

😕
    Strawman and logically fallacious. No one has claimed Jesus words don't make any sense. What has actually been claimed is that your interpretation of those words doesn't make any sense.

Here are Jesus words, 'My God, My God, why have you forsaken me?'.

Here are your words, 'For Jesus to carry the burden of sin he had to do it completely alone and in his humanity'

Can you tell us how you get from, 'My God my God why have you forsaken me', to the reason that Jesus uttered these specific words was because, 'he had to carry the burden of sin and do it completely alone and in his humanity', because as it stands you have proffered not one credible reason. Please note that I am not saying that your testimony is untrue what I am actually saying is that you have failed to substantiate it.

I am prepared to discuss the matter with anyone that does not employ logically fallacious arguments, does not load their questions, does not subject the discussion to false dilemma, does not assume values that others have not explicitly expressed. If you think you can comply with these reasonable standards then fine, if not, then I will discuss it with others who can and do.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 Oct '15 15:15
    How peculiar.
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    23 Oct '15 15:591 edit
    They are my own words. Have you anything to say on the verse in question? if so could you express it succinctly.

It may be your words. But I still point out that for a JW to say that the Jehovah Witness is a "denomination" of Christianity is diametrically opposed to their central doctrine.

IE. They're the real McCoy and all the denominations are not Christ's church.

Do you think I didn't LISTEN when I learned from the JWs what they teach ?

The cry of Jesus that He had been forsaken by God was true.
    As God made Him sin on our behalf, in divine judgment the Son was judged.

He was forsaken so that we might not be, forever.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Oct '15 16:033 edits
    Originally posted by sonship

It may be your words. But I still point out that for a JW to say that the Jehovah Witness is a "denomination" of Christianity is diametrically opposed to their central doctrine.

IE. They're the real McCoy and all the de ...[text shortened]... , in divine judgment the Son was judged.

He was forsaken so that we might not be, forever.
    This thread is not about me, its not about Jehovah's Witnesses, its not about you. What its actually about is words of Christ. If you have anything to say about the words of Christ then let those words be known, if not, then this is not the thread for you.

So you are saying that Jesus actually was forsaken by God? Yes I have read similar expressions, whether its the case I cannot say at present.

The reason has already been given why it may be the case, that God needed to let Christs integrity be tested to the full extent.
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 Oct '15 16:27
    Strawman and logically fallacious. No one has claimed Jesus words don't make any sense. What has actually been claimed is that your interpretation of those words doesn't make any sense.

Here are Jesus words, 'My God, My God, why have you forsaken me?'.

Here are your words, 'For Jesus to carry the burden of sin he had to do it completely alone ...[text shortened]... these reasonable standards then fine, if not, then I will discuss it with others who can and do.
    OK if we can't get past this simple point without behaving in this strange way then I guess I'll leave you to it.
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Oct '15 16:311 edit
    OK if we can't get past this simple point without behaving in this strange way then I guess I'll leave you to it.
    So you cannot tell us how you came to your conclusions. Thankyou.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree