1. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    21 Aug '11 14:161 edit
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    I have said some uncommonly harsh things in the past for sure and I apologize for that.

The main thing I rail against is the idea that the leaders of your faith mainly want to increase the size of their congregation and they just coincidentally live the live of luxury. I think you know just the hypocritical set I am talking about, like the old movie Elm on with impressions on the daisy petals.

So that's my story and I'm sticking to it.
    ================================
    The main thing I rail against is the idea that the leaders of your faith mainly want to increase the size of their congregation and they just coincidentally live the live of luxury. I think you know just the hypocritical set I am talking about, like the old movie Elmer Gantry, remember that?
    =====================================

Getting your theology from the movie Elmer Gantry !!??

I want to encrease the number of people who believe into Christ in order to bring the Lord back. His second coming is what this suffering world needs. He is "the desire of the nations."

I want to encrease the number of believers for the sake of His purpose, His kingdom which is the salvation of man and the environment.

My sharing the Gospel of Christ is a service to mankind.

(the rest of your long post I will read latter. Short on time now )
  2. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    21 Aug '11 14:30
    I have said some uncommonly harsh things in the past for sure and I apologize for that.

The main thing I rail against is the idea that the leaders of your faith mainly want to increase the size of their congregation and they just coincidentally live the live of luxury. I think you know just the hypocritical set I am talking about, like the old movie Elm ...[text shortened]... on with impressions on the daisy petals.

I accept your apology.

I read through your testimonial. And many things about it would also bother me.

My one question would be "But what did Jesus do to you ?"

Why blame the bad behavior of the scribes, chief priests, and Pharisees on Christ ?

I always looked for Christians who would give me reasons to have faith. I didn't hunt out those who gave me reasons to disbelieve.

I asked God to lead me to brothers that could encourage my faith. I didn't go to find those who would discourage my faith.

That could be the difference between us.
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    21 Aug '11 22:48
    Originally posted by nook7
    well my lifestyle choices (apart from not believing in a false god) are far more inline with the purported words of christ than what l have seen from you.

The bigotry on display in many fundamentalist groups is sickening.
    Watch were you vomit.
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    21 Aug '11 22:50
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    Looking at your postings on this forum it seems the Holy Spirit hasn't done that good a job. For instance, this pearler -

I do not help people because they are poor. I do not believe it is my fault they are poor. So it does not matter to me if a person is rich or poor. I will only help a person if I feel like helping them. I do not believe Je ...[text shortened]... cause they are poor.

Quite possibly the most Un-Christian diatribe i have ever read.
    When you become a Christian, then you can tell me all about it.
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    21 Aug '11 22:58
    Originally posted by Doward
    he is a harsh and cruel master, one that reaps where he does not sow. In other words: you had better make a profit, or its coming out of your pay.
    Jesus says this is the way the kingdom of heaven is and most theologians
    believe that master represnts Jesus, himself.
  6. Subscriberhakima
    Illumination
    The Razor's Edge
    Moves
    21 Aug '11 23:18
    he is a harsh and cruel master, one that reaps where he does not sow. In other words: you had better make a profit, or its coming out of your pay.

Originally posted by RJHinds

I thought that Jesus said the kingdom of heaven is filled with the poor in spirit. That doesn't sound like anything at all to do with profits...

Hmmmm....
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    21 Aug '11 23:35
    Originally posted by jaywill
    [b]===============================
    Sharing is one thing and a good thing which can be done in capitalism
    as well; but communism is another thing and we have had many
    governments demonstrate it is not good.
    ====================================

My purpose is not to champion communism or capitalism. My post is to balance your zeal to te ...[text shortened]... sessions.

He knows that what passes through your hands will profit His kingdom.[/b]
    I find it hard to believe that you think I am teaching that those
    born under American capitalism were halfway to heaven, when we
    have so many Americans posting on this website that are far from
    heaven. I want to be on God's side and I don't believe Jesus taught
    communism as His type of government. He probably didn't teach
    capitalism either, although His parables seem to support it over
    communism in my opinion. I don't see how I am preventing you from
    teaching anything you want too. I don't recall criticising anything you
    have said.
  8. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    21 Aug '11 23:432 edits
    I find it hard to believe that you think I am teaching that those
    born under American capitalism were halfway to heaven, when we
    have so many Americans posting on this website that are far from
    heaven. I want to be on God's side and I don't believe Jesus taught
    communism as His type of government. He probably didn't teach
    capitalism either, although H from
    teaching anything you want too. I don't recall criticising anything you
    have said.
    parables are directed to be understood by the target audience. jesus is not talking about the economic system of god's kingdom. for those you have to look at his sayings and the behavior of the early christians, all of which support a communistic life-style. it is written "and it was distributed to each, as anyone had need."

are you familiar with the phrase:
    "From each according to his ability, to each according to his need" ?

that's marxism 101. marx didn't originate communism and the communism you have been trained to hate is not communism fairly represented.
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    21 Aug '11 23:452 edits

The main thing I rail against is the idea that the leaders of your faith mainly want to increase the size of their congregation and they just coincidentally live the live of luxury. I think you know just the hypocritical set I am talking about, like the old movie Elm on with impressions on the daisy petals.

Mormons are not Christians, that is why we call them Mormans.
    They are pretenders, only. I just wonder how you would react if
    it were Christians being offended rather than a Buddhist. You don't
    seem to hold back on Christians, you call YEC.
  10. Subscriberhakima
    Illumination
    The Razor's Edge
    Moves
    21 Aug '11 23:46
    [b...although His parables seem to support it over
    communism in my opinion....[/b]
    ...except for the practical application of his teachings by these guys...

"And all that believed were together, and had all things common; And sold their possessions and goods, and parted them to all men, as every man had need. And they, continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, did eat their meat with gladness and singleness of heart, Praising God, and having favour with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved.
    (Acts 2:44-47)
  11. Subscriberhakima
    Illumination
    The Razor's Edge
    Moves
    21 Aug '11 23:51
    Mormons are not Christians, that is why we call them Mormans.
    They are pretenders, only. I just wonder how you would react if
    it were Christians being offended rather than a Buddhist. You don't
    seem to hold back on Christians, you call YEC.
    "Mormon" is a name given by those outside their faith...the name of their church is "The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints"

They do, indeed believe in and follow the teachings of Jesus Christ according to their faith and avow his divinity and mission.
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    21 Aug '11 23:53
    Originally posted by hakima
    ...except for the practical application of his teachings by these guys...

"And all that believed were together, and had all things common; And sold their possessions and goods, and parted them to all men, as every man had need. And they, continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, did eat their meat with gladne ...[text shortened]... ll the people. And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved.
    (Acts 2:44-47)
    That's all well and good, but Jesus wasn't there telling them to
    do any of this. But still none of this is like a communist goverment.
    I still would rather be under a capitalist government than any of
    the communist governments.
  13. Subscriberhakima
    Illumination
    The Razor's Edge
    Moves
    22 Aug '11 00:03
    That's all well and good, but Jesus wasn't there telling them to
    do any of this. But still none of this is like a communist goverment.
    I still would rather be under a capitalist government than any of
    the communist governments.
    Of course Jesus wasn't there telling them to live their lives in such a way...he was dead...he knew he would be...that's why he gave instructions to his apostles (ie; Peter)...who, having authority spoke for Jesus...(see Matthew 16:18)
  14. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    22 Aug '11 02:15
    Originally posted by jaywill
    I accept your apology.

I read through your testimonial. And many things about it would also bother me.

My one question would be "But what did [b]Jesus
    do to you ?"

Why blame the bad behavior of the scribes, chief priests, and Pharisees on Christ ?

I always looked for Christians who would give me reasons to have faith. I didn't hunt o ...[text shortened]... o to find those who would discourage my faith.

That could be the difference between us.[/b]
    Well Jesus has been long gone and what is left in the leadership sucks. They are hypocrites who just want to build bigger and bigger shrines to themselves. I don't think Jesus actually died that day, the bible says he was covered in healing herbs like Aloe, not embalming fluids as if he were dead. I think he recovered, well not me specifically, I got the juice from a book called 'Jesus lived in India'. The idea there is he didn't die, three days later he just made a decent recovery and realizing if he showed up again around Jerusalem ( where I lived for years) he would really be killed this time and so, hightailed it out of town and founded a bunch of monasteries on the china road and finally died in Pakistan where there is a grave with half moons carved on the feet inscribed on the grave. Nobody can get to the site and they don't expect to actually find anything there because the place is and has been very muddy for centuries but there has been so much fighting anyone from the outside venturing in there will be killed and that is how the grave site stands.

I think it makes an impressively believable tale. Just as real to me as yours is to you.

So you think it was ok for Cortez to have destroyed a whole civilization like that?

Evil as he seemed to think it was? And all the rest? Wherever missionaries show up, civilizations die. I salute you your red white and bloody victories.
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    22 Aug '11 03:14
    Originally posted by hakima

I thought that Jesus said ...[text shortened]... the poor in spirit. That doesn't sound like anything at all to do with profits...

Hmmmm....
    Maybe you are tone deaf.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree