1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    06 Oct '17 10:30
    I think ever since Divegeester's modalist disdain for trinitarian thought went nowhere with me, he has loved to rehash other minor arguments in its place.

I never saw a forum poster live in the past so much.
  2. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    06 Oct '17 11:21
    Originally posted by @sonship
    I think ever since Divegeester's modalist disdain for trinitarian thought went nowhere with me, he has loved to rehash other minor arguments in its place.

I never saw a forum poster live in the past so much.
    Well, I personally wouldn't consider an assertion that you find it 'easier to forgive those who mistreat you when you knows they will end up in hell,' as a minor argument.

Either you said it or you didn't say it, and if you did say it (and meant it) then surely it would still be your view on the issue and easily confirmed. - If however you don't believe that, then it would be just as easy to respond 'I would never say that.'

To ask someone to wade through thousands of posts to locate the quote is a bit of a dodge to be honest with you. Either that is what you believe or it isn't. This should be very easy for you to clarify.
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    06 Oct '17 15:572 edits
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    Well, I personally wouldn't consider an assertion that you find it 'easier to forgive those who mistreat you when you knows they will end up in hell,' as a minor argument.

Either you said it or you didn't say it, and if you did say it (and meant it) then surely it would still be your view on the issue and easily confirmed. - If however you don't ...[text shortened]... h you. Either that is what you believe or it isn't. This should be very easy for you to clarify.
    To ask someone to wade through thousands of posts to locate the quote is a bit of a dodge to be honest with you. Either that is what you believe or it isn't. This should be very easy for you to clarify.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's the point that it was thousands of posts ago, and a long time ago.
    I don't trust Divegeester's bias caricatures or his recollection.

So he can verify it by finding the quote for examination.
    He has already shown a track record of twisting my words.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    06 Oct '17 16:48
    [b] To ask someone to wade through thousands of posts to locate the quote is a bit of a dodge to be honest with you. Either that is what you believe or it isn't. This should be very easy for you to clarify.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's the point that it was thousands of po ...[text shortened]... by finding the quote for examination.
    He has already shown a track record of twisting my words.[/b]
    You've called me a liar several times before when I've quoted you, then I've taken significant time and gone and found the quote and then you disappear off in a pouty huff without apologising.
    You've done the same thing more than once to FMF also.

I'm sick of your pious attitude and casual dishonesty sonship; I have zero respect for you because of this. And that has nothing to do with your strange beliefs either.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    06 Oct '17 16:511 edit
    Infamous in your mind only, you mean ??
    No doubt, more of your "universally derided" posts.

Cut and paste the "infomous" quotation here.
    Read my post above.

You absolutely 100% said it, and I'm telling you this mate, if you make me go find it I will ram it down your pious dishonest throat every week for the next 12 months along with your lack of apology for calling me a liar, this time and the last.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    06 Oct '17 16:541 edit
    Sonship:
    "The lost will be hung in chains of punishment as a warning to those on other worlds"

Denied saying it called me a liar and I proved him to be the liar. No apology, pouted and sulked off the site for a week to avoid responding.

Sonship:
    "The lost will glory him in their endless woe"

Ditto.
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    06 Oct '17 16:554 edits
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    You've called me a liar several times before when I've quoted you, then I've taken significant time and gone and found the quote and then you disappear off in a pouty huff without apologising.

I'm sick of your pious attitude and casual dishonesty sonship; I have zero respect for you because of this. And that has nothing to do with your strange beliefs either.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You know, I don't put a whole lot of wishful interpretation into why a poster may be inactive for awhile. Sure, it be nice to ASSUME it is because I have scored some debate point he can't handle. More often that's just some wishful self flattery.

If you have to get your timer out to measure episodes of inactivity, that's pretty lame if you always think that has great significance.

When you twist people's words and exaggerate its lying.

You can prove me wrong by quoting or linking us to the relevant thread.
    If you don't want to go back and look for it, then stop living in the past already.

aliens, chains, loving to see enemies go to hell, etc.

The respect thing? The feeling is probably mutual.
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    06 Oct '17 16:58
    [b] You've called me a liar several times before when I've quoted you, then I've taken significant time and gone and found the quote and then you disappear off in a pouty huff without apologising.

I'm sick of your pious attitude and casual dishonesty sonship; I have zero respect for you because of ...[text shortened]... t want to go back and look for it, then stop living in the past already.

ReplyReply & Quote
    Tell me and the forum before Jesus Christ that you didn't say it.

Let's raise the stakes here...
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    06 Oct '17 17:041 edit
    Tell me and the forum before Jesus Christ that you didn't say it.

Let's raise the stakes here...
    That's why I want you to cut paste the quote so I can recollect what I wrote, and the context, tone, and details.

I said that I don't trust you.
    I think I have proved that you tend to twist my words.

Quote it.
    Don't SPIN it in order to utter what YOU want to put into my mouth,
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    06 Oct '17 17:092 edits
    I think I have proved that you tend to twist my words.
    Like you "proved" that I was lying about "the lost will hung in chains of punishment as a warning to those on other worlds"....that kind of "proved"? 🙄
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    06 Oct '17 17:10
    Sonship, if you are SO certain that I'm lying, then will you state before Jesus Christ that you didn't say it?
  12. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    06 Oct '17 17:40
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    ... Bad people are not punished. Good people are not rewarded. ...
    In the same that bad people are not rewarded and good people are not punished, wouldn't you agree?
  13. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    06 Oct '17 17:52
    Originally posted by @apathist
    In the same that bad people are not rewarded and good people are not punished, wouldn't you agree?
    After death, there is not judgement, comeuppance or reward for 'anybody,' good or bad.
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    06 Oct '17 18:432 edits
    Sonship, if you are SO certain that I'm lying, then will you state before Jesus Christ that you didn't say it?
    Here is what I wrote.

The saved will glorify God with their endless happiness. But the lost will glorify Him with their endless woe. They will be hung out in chains of punishment as an example to deter other worlds. That punishment is designed to deter others from like guilt is evidenced so often in the Bible.

The lie is that you deliberately pushed the matter to convey the impression that I had a strong dogmatic view about aliens on other planets.

You have exaggeration the importance to my words the belief in extraterrestrial life.
    You exaggeration is subtle.

You peddle this as my strange belief after numerous times I specifically said I do not INSIST that I know ANYTHING for certain about life on other planets.

it is not central to my Christian faith. You like to portray it as a major strange teaching that I have a strong insistence on, ever since I wrote these words, what? two or so years ago.

as new posters come, its "Hey did you know this guy believes in aliens on other planets from the Bible ?? Dishonesty.

Now, I am going to be traveling and probably be away from this forum for about 24 to 48 hours.
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    06 Oct '17 21:59
    Here is what I wrote.

The saved will glorify God with their endless happiness. But the lost will glorify Him with their endless woe. They will be hung out in chains of punishment as an example to deter other worlds. That punishment is designed to deter others from like guilt is evidenced so often in the Bible.

The lie is that you deli ...[text shortened]...
    Now, I am going to be traveling and probably be away from this forum for about 24 to 48 hours.
    Dude, you spoke about "those on other worlds".... it's your stage not mine.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree