Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Spirituality

Spirituality

  1. 17 Jun '18 15:19
    Matthew 7

    Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. 14 But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.


    Jesus tells us that there are two different aspects of our experience, the road and the gate.

    So what is this road and what is this gate?

    Seems to me that the answer is obvious that the road is life and the gate is judgment day.
  2. Standard member sonship
    the corrected one.
    17 Jun '18 21:26 / 3 edits
    Originally posted by @eladar
    Did you ever identify which verse or verses were "Satanic" ?

    (John 14:16)

    (Eph. 1:13,14)

    (Eph. 4:30)


    You thought I might just kind of forget about ?

    Your screwed up view of God's word is rooted in Satan.


    https://www.chessatwork.com/forum/spirituality/if-osas-is-in-the-bible.177340
  3. 17 Jun '18 21:40
    Originally posted by @sonship
    Did you ever identify which verse or verses were "Satanic" ?

    [b]John 14:16)


    (Eph. 1:13,14)

    (Eph. 4:30)


    You thought I might just kind of forget about ?

    Your screwed up view of God's word is rooted in Satan.


    https://www.chessatwork.com/forum/spirituality/if-osas-is-in-the-bible.177340[/b]
    The verses in the Bible are not Satanic, just the twist you put on them.

    Any answer to the narrow or wide road?
  4. 17 Jun '18 21:57
    Are you both going to use your “I know the truth” claim superpowers on each other?
  5. Standard member sonship
    the corrected one.
    17 Jun '18 22:19 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by @eladar
    The verses in the Bible are not Satanic, just the twist you put on them.

    Any answer to the narrow or wide road?
    You then should specify exactly HOW I have twisted these verses.
    Simply to state so is a groundless accusation.


    Point out the TWIST .

    "And I will ask the Father, and He will give you another Comforter, that He may be with you FOREVER, Even the Spirit of reality, ..." (See John 14:16)


    WHERE am I twisting ?

    "In whom you also having heard the word of the truth, the gospel of your salvation, in Him also believing, you were sealed with the Holy Spirit of the promise,

    Who is the pledge of our inheritance unto the redemption of the acquired possession, ... " (Eph. 1:13,14)


    WHERE am I twisting?

    "And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, in whom you were sealed unto the day of redemption." (Eph. 4:30)


    WHERE AM I TWISTING ?
  6. 17 Jun '18 22:28
    Originally posted by @sonship
    You then should specify exactly HOW I have twisted these verses.
    Simply to state so is a groundless accusation.


    Point out the TWIST .

    [b] "And I will ask the Father, and He will give you another Comforter, that He may be with you FOREVER, Even the Spirit of reality, ..." (See John 14:16)


    WHERE am I twisting ?

    ...[text shortened]... you were sealed unto the day of redemption." (Eph. 4:30) [/b]


    WHERE AM I TWISTING ?[/b]
    When you make two claims you are Satan's messenger:

    We get to decide if we have the Holy Spirit

    We can't lose salvation before judgment.

    Now deal with the two roads and the two gates.
  7. 17 Jun '18 22:47
  8. Standard member sonship
    the corrected one.
    17 Jun '18 22:52 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by @eladar
    When you make two claims you are Satan's messenger:

    We get to decide if we have the Holy Spirit

    We can't lose salvation before judgment.

    Now deal with the two roads and the two gates.
    When you make two claims you are Satan's messenger:


    So far a repeated assertion with NO EVIDENCE.
    No rebuttal from you.

    We get to decide if we have the Holy Spirit


    Some kind of red herring irrelevant comment.

    Are you going to SHOW where I am TWISTING those passages?


    We can't lose salvation before judgment.


    Still NO identification of WHERE or HOW the alledged twisting is occurring.


    Now deal with the two roads and the two gates.


    You are unable to pinpoint exactly WHERE I have twisted any of those three passages.

    1.) Is the Holy Spirit NOT given to be with the disciples FOREVER ?

    "And I will ask the Father, and He will give you another Comforter, that He may be with you FOREVER, Even the Spirit of reality, ..." (See John 14:16)


    HOW DID I TWIST THIS VERSE ?

    2.) Is the Holy Spirit NOT given as a pledge unto the day of receiving the acquired possession ?

    "In whom you also having heard the word of the truth, the gospel of your salvation, in Him also believing, you were sealed with the Holy Spirit of the promise,

    Who is the pledge of our inheritance unto the redemption of the acquired possession, ... " (Eph. 1:13,14)


    HOW did I twist this to say something else from what it says ?

    3.) The Holy Spirit has NOT sealed the Christian unto the day of redemption?

    " And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, in whom you were sealed unto the day of redemption." (Eph. 4:30)


    HOW did I twist this verse to say something OTHER THAN what it SAYS ??
  9. 17 Jun '18 22:59
    Originally posted by @sonship
    When you make two claims you are Satan's messenger:


    So far a repeated assertion with NO EVIDENCE.
    No rebuttal.

    We get to decide if we have the Holy Spirit


    Some kind of red herring irrelevant comment.

    Are you going to SHOW where I am TWISTING those passage?


    We can't lose salvation before judgment. ...[text shortened]... h. 4:30)


    HOW did I twist this verse to say something OTHER THAN what it SAYS ??[/b]
    Face it man, as long as you teach that one need not follow God's truth to be saved, you are Satan's messenger.

    If you say you believe in Jesus but do not put his teachings into practice you are a liar and the truth is not within you.

    Your theology teaches otherwise therefore is a one way ticket to hell.
  10. Subscriber Tom Wolsey
    Aficionado of Prawns
    17 Jun '18 23:18
    Originally posted by @eladar
    Face it man, as long as you teach that one need not follow God's truth to be saved, you are Satan's messenger.

    If you say you believe in Jesus but do not put his teachings into practice you are a liar and the truth is not within you.

    Your theology teaches otherwise therefore is a one way ticket to hell.
    Sounds very familiar. Almost verbatim from the lips of someone you say has a "Satanic" doctrine.
  11. 17 Jun '18 23:44
    Originally posted by @tom-wolsey
    Sounds very familiar. Almost verbatim from the lips of someone you say has a "Satanic" doctrine.
    That s because you are blind to the truth and can't see the obvious differences between my beliefs and Rajk's.

    Rajk believes you can be living a life of sexual immorality and still go to heaven. Actually Sonship shares that belief as well. I am not sure about you.
  12. Standard member sonship
    the corrected one.
    17 Jun '18 23:52
    Originally posted by @eladar
    Face it man, as long as you teach that one need not follow God's truth to be saved, you are Satan's messenger.

    If you say you believe in Jesus but do not put his teachings into practice you are a liar and the truth is not within you.

    Your theology teaches otherwise therefore is a one way ticket to hell.
    Still no example of how I twisted those verses.

    Having the last post does not mean that your rebuttal was effective.

    You cannot demonstrate how I twisted those passages.
  13. Standard member sonship
    the corrected one.
    18 Jun '18 00:23 / 5 edits
    Originally posted by @eladar
    Face it man, as long as you teach that one need not follow God's truth to be saved, you are Satan's messenger.

    If you say you believe in Jesus but do not put his teachings into practice you are a liar and the truth is not within you.

    Your theology teaches otherwise therefore is a one way ticket to hell.
    What I have decided to just face is the fact that you do not understand this: As far as eternal redemption is concerned the believer WAS JUDGED already.

    The one believing into Christ was JUDGED on the cross of Christ in Christ's death at Calvary. As to the believer's eternal destiny, that was when he was judged.

    I was JUDGED in Christ's death for me on His cross.
    Face it. You don't understand THAT part of the Gospel.

    Now reward or position in the kingdom is another matter.
  14. 18 Jun '18 01:00 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by @sonship
    What I have decided to just face is the fact that you do not understand this: As far as [b]eternal redemption is concerned the believer WAS JUDGED already.

    The one believing into Christ was JUDGED on the cross of Christ in Christ's death at Calvary. As to the believer's eternal destiny, that was when he was ...[text shortened]... understand THAT part of the Gospel.

    Now reward or position in the kingdom is another matter.[/b]
    The believer in what? A name?

    If it was not so pathetic I would laugh.

    Faith without works is dead. Jesus said the same thing when he said you must put his teachings into practice.

    Tell me, how can a person call out to Jesus and not be saved according to your theology? Mind you this person believes he is saved and calls Jesus Lord. How can such a person not be saved according to you?
  15. Subscriber Tom Wolsey
    Aficionado of Prawns
    18 Jun '18 01:09
    Originally posted by @eladar
    That s because you are blind to the truth and can't see the obvious differences between my beliefs and Rajk's.

    Rajk believes you can be living a life of sexual immorality and still go to heaven. Actually Sonship shares that belief as well. I am not sure about you.
    This all catches me by surprise. Carry on then.