1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    18 Jun '18 02:553 edits
    Originally posted by @eladar
    Oh why don't we deal with the issue I suggested and see if we can't actually get somewhere.

Oh why don't you back up your wild accusations of me twisting passages with demonstrations of HOW and WHERE I twisted ?

Then maybe you'll get somewhere.
  2. Standard memberTom Wolsey
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Texas
    Moves
    18 Jun '18 02:59
    Where were we anyway. Eladar went on about not liking wide people or something. Seems kind of bigoted to me but whatevs.
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    18 Jun '18 03:002 edits
    Elader, when you accuse me of twisting verses but evade demonstrating how I made them say something OTHER than what they SAY -

Are you on the narrow way that leads to life or the wide road that leads to destruction?

Do you think that your habit of bearing false witness will not be destroyed some day ?
  4. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    18 Jun '18 14:05
    Originally posted by @tom-wolsey
    Where were we anyway. Eladar went on about not liking wide people or something. Seems kind of bigoted to me but whatevs.
    No, that would be Jesus.
  5. Standard memberTom Wolsey
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Texas
    Moves
    18 Jun '18 14:12
    You heard it here folks. If you're overweight? Jesus hates you. 😠
  6. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    18 Jun '18 14:16
    Way to evade the issue.
  7. Standard memberTom Wolsey
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Texas
    Moves
    18 Jun '18 14:22
    Way to evade the issue.
    I was poking you for fun when it started, but then you went with it. To be honest, the OP is pretty self explanatory. I don't understand what you're trying to get from us.
  8. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    18 Jun '18 15:17
    I was poking you for fun when it started, but then you went with it. To be honest, the OP is pretty self explanatory. I don't understand what you're trying to get from us.
    No you were belittling Jesus' words.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Jun '18 15:21
    What so often seems like the only string on Eladar's buck fiddle, he likes telling other Christians that they are "children of Satan".
  10. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    18 Jun '18 15:36
    How can there be a road to the narrow gate if you pass through the narrow gate when you claim and believe to accept Jesus?
  11. Standard memberTom Wolsey
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Texas
    Moves
    18 Jun '18 15:54
    How can there be a road to the narrow gate if you pass through the narrow gate when you claim and believe to accept Jesus?
    I think the idea is, when you're placed on the narrow path through the regenerative work of the Holy Spirit, you stay on the road.

If this analogy is serious and you truly intend to carry it out this way. If the road is so narrow and you have people lined up behind you, how could you turn around and go back?
  12. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    18 Jun '18 16:11
    I think the idea is, when you're placed on the narrow path through the regenerative work of the Holy Spirit, you stay on the road.

If this analogy is serious and you truly intend to carry it out this way. If the road is so narrow and you have people lined up behind you, how could you turn around and go back?
    Yet unless you take sonship's extreme view you end up at the same place as losing salvation when you then claim people could be wrong and they were never really saved to begin with.

Sonship says such people are saved they just get god's discipline for a period of time.
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    18 Jun '18 16:16
    Strengthen me Lord !
  14. Standard memberTom Wolsey
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Texas
    Moves
    18 Jun '18 16:21
    Yet unless you take sonship's extreme view you end up at the same place as losing salvation when you then claim people could be wrong and they were never really saved to begin with.

Sonship says such people are saved they just get god's discipline for a period of time.
    I'm having a hard time understanding this but I guess sonship can help me with it, since it's his belief anyway.
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    18 Jun '18 16:331 edit

Hold on.

Do I get the feeling that you really want to communicate?
    Or are you just happy to seem to win the argument?

I mean if you want to really communicate you have to represent what i believe with accuracy.

Once Saved Always Saved (which is not a phrase I use) does not mean - Once Saved Never Disciplined.

The question should be - Does the New Testament indicate that AFTER Christ comes for His servants and lovers, the church could there be any chance of DISCIPLINE or PUNISHMENT for those for whom eternal redemption is secure.

I have come to understand that the answer from the New Testament is YES.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree