1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    18 Jun '18 16:34
    Post Reformation Christians need to realize that the Assurance of eternal redemption is NOT ... is NOT ... the assurance of REWARD or exemption from chastizement.

What do some of the PARABLES of the Lord's dealing with His servants indicate? They indicate that assurance of eternal life does not mean assurance of not being DEALT WITH by the Lord for a lack of sanctification.

The following words from Jesus are about His SERVANTS. They are not about the unbelievers who do not consider that they are SERVING the Lord Jesus.

Read IT.

"And that slave who knew his master's will and did not prepare or do according to his will, will receive many lashes.

But he who did not know, yet did things worthy of stripes, will receive few lashes. But to every one to whom much has been given, much will be required from him,

and to whom much has been committed they will ask of him all the more." (Luke 12:47,48)

The CONTEXT is the RETURN of Christ to evaluate the service of His servants. I'm sorry.

"And the Lord said, Who then is the faithful and prudent steward, whom the master will set over his service to give their portion of food at the proper time?

Blessed is that slave whom his master, WHEN HE COMES, will FIND so doing." (vs. 42,43)

Arminian types need to realize that Eternal Redemption and Eternal Life are Assured.

Calvinist types need to realize that the Lord can deal harshly with His SERVANTS after His second coming if He needs to.
  2. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    18 Jun '18 17:05
    Originally posted by @tom-wolsey
    I'm having a hard time understanding this but I guess sonship can help me with it, since it's his belief anyway.
    You get to catch people railing against sonships version of osas
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    19 Jun '18 12:10
    For the believing Christian the future is simple:

The eternal age of the new heaven and the new earth is assured.
    It is a GIFT.

But before that age of the new heaven and the new earth the age of the thousand year kingdom he is not now assured he will be rewarded.

Many a Christian has undergone persecution, suffering, reproach, with sanctification in their soul. They will be rewarded to be co-kings with Christ for a thousand years.

Many other Christians for various reasons will suffer the loss which God's discipline will administer to them at that time. They must be worked on during that time because lessons of consecration to Jesus were neglected by them during the age of grace.

These too will be perfected, yet late. And they with the rewarded in the millennium will finally be altogether as one to inherit the eternal age of the GIFT of the eternal city New Jerusalem.

Others will inherit the millennial kingdom age which I will not elaborate on in this post.
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    19 Jun '18 12:17
    The way to reign in divine life is a narrow way.
    The way to be defeated in the old fallen Adamic life is wide.

The Father in His wisdom knew that if He gave a GIFT to forgiven sinners, SOME would appreciate and cooperate with GRACE, and some would under appreciate and procrastinate to cooperate with GRACE.

Therefor BEFORE the eternal age God set up the one thousand year millennial kingdom as an INCENTIVE for cooperation.

Eternal life is ASSURED to the receiver of Christ's grace.
    REWARD in the preliminary age of the thousand year kingdom is not ASSURED to the receiver of Christ's grace.

It is not presumptuous to stand upon the assurance of the GIFT.
    It may be presumptuous be assured of the reward.

Christian, you do not know yet if Christ will reward you during the millennium.
  5. PenTesting
    Moves
    19 Jun '18 12:371 edit
    Originally posted by @sonship
    For the believing Christian the future is simple:

The eternal age of the new heaven and the new earth is assured.
    It is a GIFT.

But before that age of the new heaven and the new earth the age of the thousand year kingdom he is not now assured he will be rewarded.

Many a Christian has undergone persecution, suffering, reproach, with sanctificatio ...[text shortened]... ]

Others will inherit the millennial kingdom age which I will not elaborate on in this post.
    Jesus addressed the believing Christians in the book of Revelation, chapters 2 and 3. In all cases the words of Jesus Christ to the Saints in these seven churches, are the complete opposite of yours.

A summary of these words of Christ :

- Continue to do good works
    - Do more good works
    - their works were not good
    - repent of their evil deeds
    - hold fast to his doctrine of righteousness
    - Failure to do good works will lead to eternal death
    - eternal life will be given only to the overcomers

Some of these believers will have their names removed from the book of life and they will be destroyed.

You and your doctrine is a complete failure, and completely oppose the teachings of Christ. You and those who follow similar doctrines and teachings are not of Christ and you will face the very same fate of those who do not overcome.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree