1. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    18 Jun '18 01:29
    Originally posted by @tom-wolsey
    This all catches me by surprise. Carry on then.
    Do you agree with them?
  2. Standard memberTom Wolsey
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Texas
    Moves
    18 Jun '18 01:33
    Originally posted by @eladar
    Do you agree with them?
    I believe anyone can be redeemed. So, anyone engaging in the homosexual lifestyle can be saved. But if you are talking about two people who claim to be faithful and saved, and they continue practicing the homosexual lifestyle? No, I don't think they are saved. Even still, I believe no one is doomed and I believe authentic deathbed repentance and confession of faith is salvific.
  3. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    18 Jun '18 01:39
    Originally posted by @tom-wolsey
    I believe anyone can be redeemed. So, anyone engaging in the homosexual lifestyle can be saved. But if you are talking about two people who claim to be faithful and saved, and they continue practicing the homosexual lifestyle? No, I don't think they are saved. Even still, I believe no one is doomed and I believe authentic deathbed repentance and confession of faith is salvific.
    According to those two no death bed confession and repentance is required for any kind of sexual immorality.

It is not a salvation issue for them. Each of them for different reasons both both end up in the same spot.
  4. Standard memberTom Wolsey
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Texas
    Moves
    18 Jun '18 01:46
    According to those two no death bed confession and repentance is required for any kind of sexual immorality.

It is not a salvation issue for them. Each of them for different reasons both both end up in the same spot.
    If that's true then I definitely disagree with both.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    18 Jun '18 02:145 edits
    Show me where I twisted one or more of the passages.

Did I say any of the three passages prove that any verse about a narrow way is not true?

1.) Did I insist that because John 14:16 teaches that Lord gives the Holy Spirit to the believers FOREVER - therefore there is no such thing as a narrow way to life or a broad way to destruction ?

2.) Did I insist that because Ephesians 1:13,14 teaches that the Holy Spirit is the pledge of our inheritance unto the redemption of the acquired possession, therefore there is no narrow way to life and a broad way to destruction?

3.) Did I reason that because Ephesians 4:30 teaches that the Christians are sealed unto the day of redemption THEREFORE it is impossible that there is a narrow way to divine life and a broad way to destruction ?

I never said that because any of these verses are true it follows that there could not be that -

Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. 14 But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.
  6. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    18 Jun '18 02:18
    Originally posted by @sonship
    Show me where I twisted one or more of the passages.

Did I say any of the three passages prove that any verse about a narrow way is not true?

[b]1.)
    Did I insist that because John 14:16 teaching that Lord gives the Holy Spirit to the believers FOREVER - therefore there is no such thing as a narrow way or a broad way ?

2.) [/b ...[text shortened]... n. If you feel it is IMPOSSIBLE to believe all those passages equally together, TELL US.
    I already explained ot to you but you are too dull to grasp it.

Let us try again shall we...What does the believer believe? Will the believer ever stop believing?
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    18 Jun '18 02:20
    Do you think it is IMPOSSIBLE for a Christian to believe that the Holy Spirit is a seal and pledged forever unto the day of redemption and that we should seek to enter the narrow way to life ?

Answer that question. If you feel it is IMPOSSIBLE to believe all those passages equally together, TELL US.
  8. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    18 Jun '18 02:24
    Originally posted by @sonship
    Do you think it is IMPOSSIBLE for a Christian to believe that the Holy Spirit is a seal and pledged forever unto the day of redemption and that we should seek to enter the narrow way to [b]life ?

Answer that question. If you feel it is IMPOSSIBLE to believe all those passages equally together, TELL US.[/b]
    Oh why don't we deal with the issue I suggested and see if we can't actually get somewhere.
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    18 Jun '18 02:391 edit

Let us try again shall we...What does the believer believe? Will the believer ever stop believing?

You did NOT explain how I twisted those verses.
    You did not explain how believing those verses is a twisting of some other verse about a narrow way verses a broad way.

The believer is FIRMLY ATTACHED to Christ. God does that.

"But the One who firmly attaches us with you unto Christ and has anointed us is God.

He who has also sealed us and given the Spirit in our hearts as a pledge." (2 Cor. 1:21,22)

One believes into Christ and should know that he has been FIRMLY ATTACHED to Christ. Are you arguing that the attachment is NOT firm?

Then you're going against the word of God.

Ie. "You're not firmly attached. You are going to lose your eternal life because the pledge of the Spirit is taken away from you."

Some of the saints in the church in Corinth had plenty of problems with immaturity and other fleshly matters. Paul said they were still FIRMLY ATTACHED to Christ and to one another. Paul said they still had the Holy Spirit as a pledge.

He dealt with their problems. He warned of the need for sanctification, holiness, and building the church with worthy "materials" that they might receive a reward.

He further said the THEY had become "the righteousness of God in Him" .

"Him who did not know sin He made sin on our behalf that we might become the righteousness of God in Him." (2 Cor. 5:21)

Show me where I TWIST that verse by AFFIRMING in obedience of faith that I have been made the righteousness of God in Christ.

That's what it SAID.
    That's what I believe and repeat.

Where between the two is my TWISTING ??
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    18 Jun '18 02:392 edits
    Look at the one who suffers loss, whom Paul says will be saved, yet so as through fire.

"If anyone's work is consumed, he will suffer loss, but he himself will be saved, yet so as through fire." ( 1 Cor. 3:15)

Don't you think that eventually this disciplined believer realizes that the Lord's word was true for him too ?

Matthew 7

Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. 14 But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.

Exactly WHY is the defeated believer who at the judgment seat of Christ suffers loss, and loses the reward of the coming kingdom, yet is saved, NOT a recipient of this realization albeit LATE ?

Matthew 7

11. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    18 Jun '18 02:41
    Sonship you are a nutjob who cannot be reasoned with.
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    18 Jun '18 02:43
    The believers in Corinth who got sick and some died because of their irreverent behavior at the Lord's Table meeting.

Why is it not applicable to them ?

Matthew 7

13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    18 Jun '18 02:44
    Ananias and Saphirra who were saved yet disciplined to have their lives cut short in Acts 5.

Why would it not be true for them ?

Matthew 7

14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    18 Jun '18 02:501 edit
    Sonship you are a nutjob who cannot be reasoned with.
    YOU cannot reason your way to support your lie that I twisted

(John 14:16)

(Eph. 1:13,14)

(Eph. 4:30)

Forget about persuasion. You cannot even make a cogent logical case.

You're just lying that I twisted the passages.
    In my treatment of those verses they say and mean exactly what they say and mean.
  15. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    18 Jun '18 02:53
    Matthew 7

Jesus tells us that there are two different aspects of our experience, the road and the gate.

So what is this road and wha ...[text shortened]... e?

Seems to me that the answer is obvious that the road is life and the gate is judgment day.
    Back to the actual topic shall we? I do not believe anyone other than myself commented on it.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree