1. S. Korea
    Moves
    10 Nov '18 04:44
    Also, I am curious, FMF...

Would you like us to make some last statements on this thread and wrap it up?

We could have a more coordinated resolution to this thread as opposed to just a continued competition to get the last word, etc.

Is that a good idea?
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Nov '18 04:47
    @philokalia said
    We had extremely hostile and vicious posting in the Spirituality forum for a very long period of time, right? During that time Romans1009 made a big impression.
    Romans1009 kept up his trolling of certain posters for 2-3 months after they had stopped talking to him. The child-abuse trolling riff intensified and continued even after its target had stopped talking to him and had not done so for weeks and weeks. If you think that was "excellent posting", that's your prerogative. It's part of who you are.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Nov '18 04:47
    @philokalia said
    Also, I am curious, FMF...

Would you like us to make some last statements on this thread and wrap it up?

We could have a more coordinated resolution to this thread as opposed to just a continued competition to get the last word, etc.

Is that a good idea?
    Post however you want. I will post however I want.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Nov '18 04:48
    @philokalia said
    Right.

You are "FMF."

You do not care about the way Wikipedia properly refers and cites things...

Why should people care about the way that FMF does?

I care because I want you to not degrade people on the forum and create a more hostile environment, and because I think that the standards which Wikipeida and other sources use are the standards most present in t ...[text shortened]... these are what we should go by to be respectful.

Do you care about being respectful, FMF?
    I am happy with how I express myself when I share my perspectives on this message board.
  5. S. Korea
    Moves
    10 Nov '18 04:49
    Alright, so if you met a Hindu in person, would you refer to the Bhagavad-Gita as folklore or folktales or some such?

Or would you hold yourself to a higher standard than you have done in this thread?
  6. S. Korea
    Moves
    10 Nov '18 04:50
    @fmf said
    Post however you want. I will post however I want.
    So, why don't you want to coordinate a resolution to this back and forth?

I think that would be nice of us to do in some of these threads that seem to go on forever.

What's the reason?
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Nov '18 04:53
    @philokalia said
    I think we should just let it go.
    If you want to extol Romans1009 as the best poster we had on this forum [this year] and then lecture me on 'respectful posting', you go ahead and do that. If you want to talk about Romans1009, then do. If you don't want to talk about Romans1009, then don't. Post however you want. You don't need an invitation, or permission, or an agreement from me.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Nov '18 04:53
    @philokalia said
    So, why don't you want to coordinate a resolution to this back and forth?
    There is no reason for me to "coordinate" with anybody. Post what you want.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Nov '18 04:55
    @philokalia said
    Alright, so if you met a Hindu in person, would you refer to the Bhagavad-Gita as folklore or folktales or some such?
    Yes. I have done ~ when I was in contexts such as this one. Of course. Why would I be different in real life than I am here?
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Nov '18 04:56
    @philokalia said
    I think that would be nice of us to do in some of these threads that seem to go on forever.
    You are free to stop posting whenever you want. Post as you see fit.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Nov '18 06:231 edit
    @suzianne said
    Are they as 'welcome' as Christians?
    Of course. This place would be much better if it was more diverse.

If ~ on a personal level ~ new faces turn out to be creeps or blowhards or deceitful people, like we already have too many of here [like Romans1009 was] ~ then they'll probably end up feeling rubbed up the wrong way ~ just like you do, for example ~ then being Hindu or atheist or Christian or whatever religion/lack of religion is going to make no difference.

You forget, Suzianne, that I live among Christians whom I love and work with ~ and I always have done ~ and I have no problems whatsoever.

That a really rather silly, disinhibited, scornful online-bigmouth like you doesn't like me and spends 80% of her forum time following me around like a puppy posting the same complaints over and over and over again, while showing no interest in whatsoever in what the topics are or what has been said in any of the hundreds of discussions I have been involved in ~ it means nothing in the real world and means nothing with regard to my relationships with the Christians that populate it.

You overestimate yourself and the significance of the beyond-parody cyber-schtick you have been waving on this message board for years.

You may not agree with me, but I hope you appreciate my candour.
  12. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    10 Nov '18 08:42
    @fmf said
    Of course. This place would be much better if it was more diverse.

If ~ on a personal level ~ new faces turn out to be creeps or blowhards or deceitful people, like we already have too many of here [like Romans1009 was] ~ then they'll probably end up feeling rubbed up the wrong way ~ just like you do, for example ~ then being Hindu or atheist or Christian or whatever religio ...[text shortened]... n this message board for years.

You may not agree with me, but I hope you appreciate my candour.
    "This place would be much better if it was more diverse. " Sure, because then you'd have even more targets. Candor. Well, I guess that IS one way to say it. You've never met a demeaning adjective you didn't like.

I do not appreciate the way you bad-mouth and demonize (yes, demonize ) every religious person (online, anyway, I imagine you're just too gutless to continue flapping your mouth in person like you do here) simply for having a religion, all while projecting this disgusting "Aw shucks..." facade.

It's very telling that you "have no problems whatsoever" living in close proximity to religious people. Either they do not mind being continually run-down by you for having a religion at all, or your behavior is somehow 'miraculously' better once you have to stand before the person you would beat down in a minute online. Online disinhibition, isn't it? Well, enjoy yourself. Oh, wait, you already do.

"Cyber-schtick", indeed. Too bad yours is so caustic. You and your "forum combat" pal.

"Creeps or blowhards or deceitful people". Yes. We've already had to deal with you for far too long in this forum already. Have you ever considered that the single most common factor in ALL of these incidents that you feign concern that we already have too many of here, is YOU? People don't like being attacked on a near-daily basis by blowhards like you. Shocking, right? After all, you're such a nice guy!
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Nov '18 08:55
    @suzianne said
    "This place would be much better if it was more diverse. " Sure, because then you'd have even more targets. Candor. Well, I guess that IS one way to say it. You've never met a demeaning adjective you didn't like.

I do not appreciate the way you bad-mouth and demonize (yes, demonize ) every religious person (online, anyway, I imagine you're just too gutless to c ...[text shortened]... near-daily basis by blowhards like you. Shocking, right? After all, you're such a nice guy!
    I think you are mischaracterizing my contribution to this community.
  14. S. Korea
    Moves
    10 Nov '18 11:23
    @fmf said
    Yes. I have done ~ when I was in contexts such as this one. Of course. Why would I be different in real life than I am here?
    I am actually surprised you not only say that you would have gone so far, but say that you have even done that before. That strikes me as pretty extreme and either literally rude or socially inept.

If that is really how you want to behave... I am sorry, but I feel that is your loss, and in a real sense, it is sort of a loss to other people that you meet and subject to rough treatment of their religion.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Nov '18 13:34
    @philokalia said
    I am actually surprised you not only say that you would have gone so far, but say that you have even done that before. That strikes me as pretty extreme and either literally rude or socially inept.

If that is really how you want to behave... I am sorry, but I feel that is your loss, and in a real sense, it is sort of a loss to other people that you meet and subject to rough treatment of their religion.
    Thanks for your advice on "respect". Give my regards to Romans1009.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree