1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    13 Sep '11 12:32
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Again, the answer is in Romans 6:23.

"For the wages of sin [is] death; but the gift of God [is] eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord."

God cannot abide sinners in Heaven. He already had a few there and He kicked them out. Now they work hard daily on Earth to bring about the fall of Man. And if numbers are any indication, they're well ahead of ...[text shortened]... of the wheat from the chaff. Those who deserve Heaven move on. Those who do not, do not.
    It's amazing you think the entire universe can be condensed into one book.
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    13 Sep '11 22:27
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    dear ,oh dear. I'm lost for words

Are you seriously going to play that "demon within"-card?
    Even Galveston-75 resisted that and I saw that as a sign of reason and maturity.

Where to from now?
    That was just a check. Lookout for the checkmate.
  3. Joined
    24 May '10
    Moves
    14 Sep '11 00:492 edits
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Nobody knows anything about these so-called "Neanderthals" it is all
    conjecture. My conjecture is that they were humans that had adapted
    in a different way than other humans. Just like wolves (dogs) do.
    You are wrong. We do know quite a bit about these people. It is found in physical evidence of their bones and particlularly their skulls. Items and places of gathering are known. the robustness of their bodies is established. There are scans now of their bones, from which some facts about probable diet is deducted.
    Such physical evidence is found in established levels of earth that are dated within a tolerance of a few thousand years. Old methods of dating are being augmented by newer ones with new technology, with more precision. The article mentioned adds to the growing knowledge.
    Whole university departments around the world are based on the findings about evolution, including Neanderthals.
    You can have a strong faith without believing the mediaeval viewpoint of die-hard controlling fundamentalist churches. Get real, RJH! Its as plain as day these people existed. Stop denying point blank because of what you are being indoctrinated with.
    Be free, and have courage to change, move on. It will be good for you, I assure you. Difficult at first but then it gets better. Don't hold with this plainly fact-denying viewpoint.
    I find it so wrong that fundamentalist preachers andgroups so mislead and stuff otherwise fine people around so much, and make them look like an unevolved Neanderthals.
    Come on! You do not have to become an atheist at all to do so, just change your viewpoint on the way the Bible is to be read, (not like a scieintific textbook, but a book of faith, and full of great ancient poetry about Creation). Evolution is Creation and a wonderful story! Ask athiests instead how we came to be, consciousness and all, from mere dust and gases. Isn't that miracle enough?
  4. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    14 Sep '11 01:231 edit
    Until you have read the Holy Bible through and through and can quote
    scripture references that prove your claim, I will continue to believe that
    what you say is nonsensical or influenced by the demon that is within.
    your incomprehensibility is astonishing. the points of a just god i mentioned do not exist in your bible, they exist in the minds of sensible beings. in your bible you will only find a petty, vain, jealous, psychotic, narcissistic control freak. and that's by no means the limiting scope of your god's mental illness.
  5. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    14 Sep '11 04:13
    If a so-called god does does not match the God and Creator of the universe
    described in the Holy Bible, then it is no god at all, but only the ramblings
    of a nonsesical mind. It is no better than the idol of any imaginary gods
    carved on a totempole.
    God doesn't exist-not the christian one, that is. Sorry to burst your bubble.
    God is all. Everything. There is no separate entity who is "God".
    I think that chrsistian are on the wrong track because they cant embrace non-dualism.

Not to mention that they too are little pieces of God, whether concious or not.
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    14 Sep '11 07:01
    Originally posted by Taoman
    You are wrong. We do know quite a bit about these people. It is found in physical evidence of their bones and particlularly their skulls. Items and places of gathering are known. the robustness of their bodies is established. There are scans now of their bones, from which some facts about probable diet is deducted.
    Such physical evidence is found in establ ...[text shortened]... how we came to be, consciousness and all, from mere dust and gases. Isn't that miracle enough?
    I have not denied that people we call Neanderthals existed. What I am saying
    is that we have so little information about these people that we have to guess
    about almost every detail concerning them. We even have to make up a name
    to call them because we don't know who they were. There is no scientific test
    that can tell us that. So they appear to have strong bones, so what? We can
    not be for sure that any of our scientific dating methods can even give us an
    accurate date as to how old the bones are and when they lived and when they
    died. So like I said before, we actually know nothing about these people after
    all the tests. It all boils down to conjecture.
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    14 Sep '11 07:08
    Originally posted by VoidSpirit
    your incomprehensibility is astonishing. the points of a just god i mentioned do not exist in your bible, they exist in the minds of sensible beings. in your bible you will only find a petty, vain, jealous, psychotic, narcissistic control freak. and that's by no means the limiting scope of your god's mental illness.
    God may get angry and be a little jealous at times, but that is compatible
    with being a good Father. All those other charges are lies coming from
    your warped brain.
  8. Cape Town
    Moves
    14 Sep '11 07:19
    We even have to make up a name to call them because we don't know who they were. There is no scientific test that can tell us that.
    Thats so funny. You actually think that some things have true names? And that knowing the true name tells you more about the thing?

You've been reading too many fairy stories.
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    14 Sep '11 07:46
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Thats so funny. You actually think that some things have true names? And that knowing the true name tells you more about the thing?

You've been reading too many fairy stories.
    If we had the true names of these people, then we might be able to find
    more historical information about them. There may have been some
    ancient historian who wrote something about them. They might have
    even been referred to in the Holy Bible. There might be some clay tablet
    in some muesem with their name inscribed on it. We may never know
    because we don't know their name.
  10. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    14 Sep '11 18:03
    If we had the true names of these people, then we might be able to find
    more historical information about them. There may have been some
    ancient historian who wrote something about them. They might have
    even been referred to in the Holy Bible. There might be some clay tablet
    in some muesem with their name inscribed on it. We may never know
    because we don't know their name.
    What are... I don't even... I can only lol.

🙄
  11. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    14 Sep '11 22:16
    I have not denied that people we call Neanderthals existed. What I am saying
    is that we have so little information about these people that we have to guess
    about almost every detail concerning them. We even have to make up a name
    to call them because we don't know who they were. There is no scientific test
    that can tell us that. So they appear to have ...[text shortened]... ctually know nothing about these people after
    all the tests. It all boils down to conjecture.
    Just because carbon testing (a proven scientific method)cant tell exactly how old those bones were means just that.
    They are saying somehting like 40 000 years +/- 5000 years, or something like that. So you can get a pretty good estimate of how old these bones werea nd DEFINATELY say that they were at least x amount of years old.
    (There has been no carbon dating on early human bones which even remotely supports a young earth theory)
  12. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    15 Sep '11 00:52
    God may get angry and be a little jealous at times, but that is compatible
    with being a good Father. All those other charges are lies coming from
    your warped brain.
    the compatibility of your god is more in the lines of an abusive father.
  13. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    15 Sep '11 02:55
    Just because carbon testing (a proven scientific method)cant tell exactly how old those bones were means just that.
    They are saying somehting like 40 000 years +/- 5000 years, or something like that. So you can get a pretty good estimate of how old these bones werea nd DEFINATELY say that they were at least x amount of years old.
    (There has been no carbon dating on early human bones which even remotely supports a young earth theory)
    This was a terrible post. I hope the other sciency guys out there get the gist of it and maybe even fix up the numbers 🙂
  14. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    15 Sep '11 06:42
    These bones could not possibly be 40,000 +/- 5,000 years old. So
    something is wrong with the dating method. If they had been given a
    figure less than 10,000 years then I might consider the dating method
    might have some validity. However, a date like 40,000 years is absurd.
    We can not date anything back more than about 5,000 years ago and
    even that is not certain.
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    15 Sep '11 06:462 edits
    Originally posted by VoidSpirit
    the compatibility of your god is more in the lines of an abusive father.
    If you look a little more closely and gain some understanding,
    you will see God more like a loving Father that must discipline
    his children so they grow up to be good adults.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree